Muslim Friend Wants To Become A Sikh But She Has Questions

genie

Sorry to digress for a moment. It's almost worthy of a stand alone post on this forum. MisterSingh's comments earlier in this thread about refraining from making arguments personal assist us all in learning from one another. I am certainly not immune to this mistake and it takes ongoing work. It's not always easy to find the right mix of passion and reason. We can detract from our own interesting points by making things personal.

MisterSingh's approach is not a mere strategy or surface communication. It's a state of mind that's integral to any saint-soldier. Beautiful thoughts and approach bro.

• 2 weeks later...

There are several historical accounts in existence, penned by the white troops of the East India Company, which inform us that British soldiers had a twisted fondness for scalping dead Sikhs in order to make black helmet plumes out of their sacred kes. That's not respect Quantavius. It was nothing less than the ultimate expression of contempt for our people and our faith by British Imperialists. They wore Sikh remains as f4ck1ng trophies for God's sake.

And I bet, should you choose to reply to this, that you'll mount an impassioned defence of this humiliating subjugation of our forefathers! I've never encountered such an angrezi chamcha in all my life, LOL

Thank you for the fairy tales. As with all fairy tales, you should start your story with 'Once upon a time'...LOL! Next you will tell us the British were cannibals and they ate the dead bodies of the Sikhs.

I may be who I am but at least I am not confused. Why do you choose to live among those whom you despise? Why don't you pack your bags and get out? Why are you being a hypocrite? Maybe I'm a 'chamcha' but at least I'm being true to myself and not being hypocritical. Why are you being a hypocrite? Pack your bags and get out! India has some NRI program you can subscribe to. Nobody has put a gun to your head forcing you to live among those whom you despise.

Can a non-white not have an opinion on the world around them; a world that is, by and large, controlled by whites, without it being construed as an "attack", hypocrisy, or ungratefulness? Am I only entitled to air an opinion if it's favourable towards the ruling white elites?

Read what was actually written instead of blindly supporting your cohorts. Read what I criticized on. I urge you to stop with the blind solidarity, pack mentality and group think. For once in your life, learn to think independently.

If you believe whites are elites and the rulers clearly, you despise them. Why choose to live among those whom you despise?

Read what was actually written instead of blindly supporting your cohorts. Read what I criticized on. I urge you to stop with the blind solidarity, pack mentality and group think. For once in your life, learn to think independently.

If you believe whites are elites and the rulers clearly, you despise them. Why choose to live among those whom you despise?

I see you're still avoiding the question nearly two weeks after it was asked, lol.

You're too angry and emotional to have a cordial and sensible debate with. When you stop grasping at straws and pushing people's moderate words towards extremes, then we'll talk.

I see you're still avoiding the question nearly two weeks after it was asked, lol.

You're too angry and emotional to have a cordial and sensible debate with. When you stop grasping at straws and pushing people's moderate words towards extremes, then we'll talk.

At least I'm true to myself. Can we say the same for you? At least I'm not lying to myself. Are you being honest with yourself? BTW I'm not angry at all. Dr. Zhivago you're not. LOL!!!!

Is that the royal 'we'? Is there more than one of you? You aren't possessed, are you? That could explain the self hate.

LOL!

LOl! 'Touche'.....to be honest in real life I rarely meet Sikhs like yourself. You really need to get out of your small circle of friends and meet other people. You have a very narrow view of the world.

LOl! 'Touche'.....to be honest in real life I rarely meet Sikhs like yourself. You really need to get out of your small circle of friends and meet other people. You have a very narrow view of the world.

How's about answering that question I asked you a few weeks ago instead of trying to fish for information on my life away from this forum, lol? You keep baiting but I'm not going to bite; I'm not 12 years old, lol.

Guest Jacfsing2

How's about answering that question I asked you a few weeks ago instead of trying to fish for information on my life away from this forum, lol? You keep baiting but I'm not going to bite; I'm not 12 years old, lol.

I'm still surprised how this topic changed from a Muslim wanting to accept the lifestyle of Sikhi and Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, to some kid talking about white people?

I'm still surprised how this topic changed from a Muslim wanting to accept the lifestyle of Sikhi and Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, to some kid talking about white people?

The original thread of discussion had ran its course, so naturally the talk drifted to other areas. It's all inter-related, anyway... I think. :biggrin2: