Muslim Friend Wants To Become A Sikh But She Has Questions

genie

The Punjabi trait for selling out our own for personal interests AND a complete lack of forethought and patience to play the long game, means we are incapable of even beginning to approach the British way of doing things. Plus, the time for such actions are about 200-300 years too late. We might've managed to make inroads when the world was in a pre-industrial state; now, we'd just be scrambling around in the dust trying to play the big boys at their own game, humiliating ourselves in the process. That's not even taking into account the psychological damage that's been done to us on a collective basis by fraudulent - and in some cases, short-sighted, ego-ridden - religious figures who've diluted the Sikh faith, as well as fracturing our already flimsy sense of unity. The cherry on top is Punjabi mass economic migration whereby future generations of Punjabis are flocking to the West (in terms of civilisation; I'm aware of the migration to Oceania). I'd love to travel 500 years into the future and see what becomes of us as a people. It'd be utterly fascinating to see how the dominoes that are falling at this moment will impact things many decades into the future.

The issue is more deeper than we think. You are arguing with a person who has low self esteem and has convinced himself about his racial theories.

I used to respect him a few months ago until I read his views here. He justifies the subjugation of his people. Feels grateful of the theft of the kohinoor and our wealth and country.

And if we dare to hold an opinion that is not in agreement of the foreign policies of certain governments he takes that as an attack on the entire white race.

This is one of the worst cases of a person suffering from an inferiority complex I have seen here. The only other person similar to this is a certain Pakistani arain fellow who posts here and who similarly justifies the subjugation and loot of his country by Islamic invaders for the last 1000 years.

I'm acutely aware of the impact of the Aryan and Scythian theories on many of our people's minds. This is no new thing, people started to justify and excuse away their own subjugation, pretty shortly after the Anglo-Sikh wars. That's when they started to identify with and idolise the invaders. Lets' be real here - caste played a central part in this.

This mentality is not uncommon. It is especially common amongst the descendants of those that supported the raj's infrastructure and made a living from it.

The Punjabi trait for selling out our own for personal interests AND a complete lack of forethought and patience to play the long game, means we are incapable of even beginning to approach the British way of doing things. Plus, the time for such actions are about 200-300 years too late. We might've managed to make inroads when the world was in a pre-industrial state; now, we'd just be scrambling around in the dust trying to play the big boys at their own game, humiliating ourselves in the process. That's not even taking into account the psychological damage that's been done to us on a collective basis by fraudulent - and in some cases, short-sighted, ego-ridden - religious figures who've diluted the Sikh faith, as well as fracturing our already flimsy sense of unity. The cherry on top is Punjabi mass economic migration whereby future generations of Punjabis are flocking to the West (in terms of civilisation; I'm aware of the migration to Oceania). I'd love to travel 500 years into the future and see what becomes of us as a people. It'd be utterly fascinating to see how the dominoes that are falling at this moment will impact things many decades into the future.

Rome wasn't built in a day. I'd prefer to chip away myself.

One advantage we've got today is open and free communication on a global scale. Contrast this with the situation in WW1 when every letter sent by Sikh soldiers was intercepted and censored or completely withheld based on contents.

Whatever we do today could have MASSIVE impact in future. The actions of today are the history of tomorrow. At least some of us have woken up.

Ain't no one said it's going to be easy, ain't no one said it won't be a tough struggle. But not doing anything....that ain't even an option.

I'm acutely aware of the impact of the Aryan and Scythian theories on many of our people's minds. This is no new thing, people started to justify and excuse away their own subjugation, pretty shortly after the Anglo-Sikh wars. That's when they started to identify with and idolise the invaders. Lets' be real here - caste played a central part in this.

This mentality is not uncommon. It is especially common amongst the descendants of those that supported the raj's infrastructure and made a living from it.

Interesting, but I think this is different. The way he justifies the destruction of his country and subjugation and loot of his people and he praises the invaders for doing this. I suspect this person is suffering from a severe case of Stockholm syndrome.

Rome wasn't built in a day. I'd prefer to chip away myself.

There are too many competing forces - individually and collectively - in opposition to each other for any concerted action to have a positive affect.

I've seen very little to suggest there will ever be a reverse of trends to arrest the decline, not on the level that's needed at least. Pockets of decency here and there are good and much needed, but I believe they are too little to have the kind of wide-ranging impact that's required.

But, as the old saying goes, nobody has seen God's abode, so if He desires it, the situation may turn around in an instant. I'm not saying we should cede all responsibility for change and hope it magics itself into being BTW. I do think we've yet to reach rock bottom; when that happens the only way is upwards, lol

I made the point about it being from a white guy, not because that's all it takes for me to believe something, but because that's exactly how to reach through to a deluded chappal like you. I grew up knowing a few coconuts, and observing how positively in awe of the whites they were. You refused to believe it when it was coming from my mouth, your brother, a fellow Sikh, you even accused me of being a liar and of making it up.

I know perfectly well how to study the provenance of a historical source.

One of things you must look at is motivation. WHY would the East India Company simply make up something so utterly detrimental to their own objectives just when they were on the cusp of securing Punjab and the whole of India? You think they would invite mutiny upon themselves as soon as they'd just conquered the place? Come on, use your brain.

Another thing you look at is the time of origin. This source is contemporary to the Anglo-Sikh wars.

Yet another is nature of the source. This is an entry in a set of personal memoirs, written by a relative unknown, published only after his decease. Very little reason to invent stories in your diary of all things, you can hardly deceive yourself.

I'm really sorry but you are as dumb as they come. Just because someone wrote something does not make it true. Your 'low iq penduness' which lack critical thinking skills is quick to accept it as gospel truth because it corresponds with your brainwashed ideological world view. Why he wrote it? To make a quick buck out of fools like yourself.

Please show us historical accounts by Sikhs that corresponds to what this guy wrote. Please provide documentary evidence or proof and provide your source. Please provide proof that this was the policy of the British Government or East India Company policy. Perhaps you should start a new thread on this.

I'm sure everyone knows the Iraq war was 90% based on oil and only 10% based on Saddam Hussein.

The Oil theory has been long refuted. If anything its the other way around.

Do people really believe the US military is directly responsible for all the Iraqi civilian casulties? ? Surely it wasnt the countless shia vs sunni massacres or multiple daily suicide bombings, right? Without a doubt US caused a lot of civilian casulties too, but ROE certainly handicapped them. If they wanted too they could have turned Iraq into a dustbowl. I also dont believe they initially intended on staying so long, but Bush and his band of idiots had no idea what they were doing once Iraq was under their control. The initial mistakes by the likes of Bremer and Rumsfeld set up Iraq for a decade+ of violence.

Too many Sikhs have the tendancy to shift blame from Islamic fundamentalists to USA, Israel, Illuminati, Rothschilds, Banks, or whoever else. We of all people should know what evil Muslims are capable of.

Guest Jacfsing2

The Oil theory has been long refuted. If anything its the other way around.

Do people really believe the US military is directly responsible for all the Iraqi civilian casulties? ? Surely it wasnt the countless shia vs sunni massacres or multiple daily suicide bombings, right? Without a doubt US caused a lot of civilian casulties too, but ROE certainly handicapped them. If they wanted too they could have turned Iraq into a dustbowl. I also dont believe they initially intended on staying so long, but Bush and his band of idiots had no idea what they were doing once Iraq was under their control. The initial mistakes by the likes of Bremer and Rumsfeld set up Iraq for a decade+ of violence.

Too many Sikhs have the tendancy to shift blame from Islamic fundamentalists to USA, Israel, Illuminati, Rothschilds, Banks, or whoever else. We of all people should know what evil Muslims are capable of.

I honestly believe Saddam Hussein had to be taken down; however, I do feel that the western nations should've left as soon as Saddam Hussein was prosecuted and executed. Also I don't believe in your last paragraph at all, but something to note is if Iraq didn't have oil nobody would bother taking down their tyrannical government, (it's why North Korea still exists).