Muslim Friend Wants To Become A Sikh But She Has Questions

genie

If he wants to bow to Christians, why doesn't he just become one, (it saves the Sikhs a lot of honor if these people wouldn't bring the rest of our Panth down). I really don't see how the great GurSikhs who fought for the rights of humanity kissing the manmukhs.

I don't think their religion has anything to do with it. I think he'd kiss a white atheist's arse as much as a white xtian's.

I've had a few experiences throughout my life that have put me off our lot for good (I'm not prepared to spend my entire life giving people the benefit of the doubt and hoping people prove me wrong; I'm not old, but I'm also not young enough to waste my life in the pursuit of such fruitless endeavours). I prefer the company of goreh to Asians without a shadow of a doubt. You're going to get duplicity, politics, manoeuvering, etc., in all types of workplaces - and goreh aren't immune to playing those games to get ahead much like the rest of the world - but on a one-to-one basis, goreh with their heads screwed on right judge you on the strength of your character and your deeds. Our lot have a laundry list of pre-requirements and requirements they need fulfilled before they give you the time of day, and then, even if you do measure up, there's our propensity to stick the knife in when the back is turned. These are traits that are shared by the alcohol-consuming, cigarette-smoking, party-going Punjabi as well as the gatra-wearing, apparently pious Amritdhari. It's ingrained on a psychological level to such an extent that it has to be cellular. That's why I really don't believe we have a bright future; that's not pessimism (although it may seem that way). Overcoming that "programming" requires a hell of a strong and concerted process of de-programming, yet when do any of us see our lot even acknowledging there's a problem to begin with?

YET, I'm not going around shining the goreh's shoes and saying only what he wants to hear. If he's being a twit, I'll make sure he knows about it. I'm not less of a human being due to my Asian heritage, and Mr. White Man is not my automatic better just because he's white. If you're riddled with insecurity and inferiority, you WILL radiate it to others, and it WILL be used against you. If you're confident in your own skin and know enough about yourself as a person and as a collective (i.e. your heritage, your religion) those aspects also shine through.

Guest Jacfsing2

I don't think their religion has anything to do with it. I think he'd kiss a white atheist's arse as much as a white xtian's.

I'm sure religion is something very important to many people. (In America, where I assume this guy is from: religion is very important!) Also there are other white politicians than D.T.

We of all people should know what evil Muslims are capable of.

sikhi never teach us to called evil. sai mia mir was also muslim. pir buddu shah was also muslim. baba farid was also a muslim bhai mardana was also muslim. stop calling muslims evil all muslims are not terrorists its just the <Edited> sect which is extream.

sikhi never teach us to called evil. sai mia mir was also muslim. pir buddu shah was also muslim. baba farid was also a muslim bhai mardana was also muslim. stop calling muslims evil all muslims are not terrorists its just the <Edited> sect which is extream.

Erm no they were not muslims, they kuffar sufis. Wat type of muslim was farid, that he was refused entry into mosques and denied a muslim burial?

Erm no they were not muslims, they kuffar sufis. Wat type of muslim was farid, that he was refused entry into mosques and denied a muslim burial?

sufis are considered anti islam by the wahab'i islam. not by sunnis or shias. wahab'i islam is the only extream sub sect of sunni islam majority of the terrorist groups like al qaida, isis, taliban, laskar, boko haram. all are wahab'i and the saudi family is also wahab'i. sufis are like neeldhari sect of sikhi they believe in universal brotherhood. and like meditation they have wajad which is there special dance. the famous sufi today is shekhalislam dr tahir ul qadri.

I wish I had the time to locate a post I made on the myths of Sufi Islam from a few months back, but I don't. In summary, here's what it covered. I saved a quote in a notepad file but neglected to note the source:

However, do not be deceived by the apparent current moderation of Sufi Muslims, even if they were to gain influence within the Islamic ummah. They are still Muslim supremacists at heart. They are simply on the "very patient" side of the "impose Islam now vs. impose Islam later" continuum.

This wishful thinking on the part of non-Islamic Sufi sympathisers is weak-willed sycophancy. Why defend something that, if the tables were turned, would never be reciprocated? I understand about seeing God in everything and everyone, but some take it to unpalatable extremes at the expense of common sense and the truth that's staring them right in the eyes.

sufis are considered anti islam by the wahab'i islam. not by sunnis or shias. wahab'i islam is the only extream sub sect of sunni islam majority of the terrorist groups like al qaida, isis, taliban, laskar, boko haram. all are wahab'i and the saudi family is also wahab'i. sufis are like neeldhari sect of sikhi they believe in universal brotherhood. and like meditation they have wajad which is there special dance. the famous sufi today is shekhalislam dr tahir ul qadri.

Oh stop ur nonsense u mug.

U say all those groups above belong to wahabbi islam, which is a saudi/british invention of about 100yrs or so, so which group did jahanghir and aurengzeb belong to? Yet these 2 mughal tyrants pre-date saudi wahabbis. Saudis and wahabbi islam btw are an british invention, after the destruction and capture of old ottoman empire land.

Stop lying to urself with this garbage thinking. Sufis in those days, were called dirty kuffars like we were too. Bulleh shah, anotha sufi, wore ankle bracelets and sang gods name, was called 'k@njari', which can be heard in nusrat fateh ali khan songs for eg.

Like i mentioned, sufis, like farid wasnt allowed a muslim burial and allowed inside mosques says it all. Also even kabir himself, criticised halal meat, circumcision, prayin in 1 direction (mecca) and fasting. Wat kind of muslim was he then?

Oh stop ur nonsense u mug.

U say all those groups above belong to wahabbi islam, which is a saudi/british invention of about 100yrs or so, so which group did jahanghir and aurengzeb belong to? Yet these 2 mughal tyrants pre-date saudi wahabbis. Saudis and wahabbi islam btw are an british invention, after the destruction and capture of old ottoman empire land.

Stop lying to urself with this garbage thinking. Sufis in those days, were called dirty kuffars like we were too. Bulleh shah, anotha sufi, wore ankle bracelets and sang gods name, was called 'k@njari', which can be heard in nusrat fateh ali khan songs for eg.

Like i mentioned, sufis, like farid wasnt allowed a muslim burial and allowed inside mosques says it all. Also even kabir himself, criticised halal meat, circumcision, prayin in 1 direction (mecca) and fasting. Wat kind of muslim was he then?

a true muslim as Guru Nanak Dev ji delineated...these others are just playing at being dharmic

a true muslim as Guru Nanak Dev ji delineated...these others are just playing at being dharmic

I think that was more about someone who had truly submitted themselves to God, rather than Muslims in particular.

The advice given in the shabad you allude to also applies to Sikhs.

I think those we perceive as kuttarh sullay are following their religion, albeit in a very dogmatic way.