Muslim Friend Wants To Become A Sikh But She Has Questions

genie

The fundamentalist interpretation is the only right one Singh Ji. Think about it. Muhammad directed his preaching at the small folk of Arabia, who were mostly illiterate and uneducated. Camel herders, shepherds and slaves. They'd hardly have been capable of discerning some deep allegorical meaning in the things that they were told, and Muhammad would have known this. He would therefore have taken care to express himself as simply and as honestly possible.

Why can't all these stupid moderate Muslims and Islamic apologists, scratching their heads, see that "kill all the infidels wherever you find them" means EXACTLY THAT?

They know what it says, but they want to see the positive so they will do all manner of verbal gymnastics.

Like the matrix they are blue pill.

For them to face the literal truth would be a bitter red pill to swallow. But it would be the best medicine.

Well surely this thread is different, coz they use lies n deciet to get converts, where as the thread starter here, says their muslim friend wants to become sikh off their own accord, quite a difference!

Thats not what I said though, was it StarStriker ?

I said, on Muslim discussion forums, there are often threads like this one in which a Muslim starts a thread in which he or she says, for example, there is a Sikh girl at college who is really showing an interest in embracing Islam but wants some more information etc. The other muslims on the foum then go on to recommend the best strategies etc and people like me are left wandering just what kind of insenstive uncaring monsters are these that don't have even an ounce of respect and feeling for the girl's family and loved ones and how such a thing would not only break their hearts but it would also tear a family apart.

We here, on this thread, are guilty of displaying those exact same uncaring, unprincipled qualities.

Those "muslims" who were allies of sikhs/sikh gurus, were sufis, who were/are/always will be kuffars to sunnis's. Sheikh Farid wasnt allowed inside mosques and denied a muslim burial coz he was a sufi. Those sufi's r so opposite of normal sunnis let alone the h@rami salfist/wahabis of 2day.

Interesting. Sufis do align more with Sikhi concepts of enlightenment and spirituality through experience of the One in this life and less credence to Sharia, whereas mainstream Muslims only believe Mohammed was enlightened and none other.

The fundamentalist interpretation is the only right one Singh Ji. Think about it. Muhammad directed his preaching at the small folk of Arabia, who were mostly illiterate and uneducated. Camel herders, shepherds and slaves. They'd hardly have been capable of discerning some deep allegorical meaning in the things that they were told, and Muhammad would have known this. He would therefore have taken care to express himself as simply and as honestly possible.

Why can't all these stupid moderate Muslims and Islamic apologists, scratching their heads, see that "kill all the infidels wherever you find them" means EXACTLY THAT?

LOL

Often, on Muslim forums, a discussion like this appears, in which members debate how they can get a Sikh girl to turn her back on her family and embrace Islam. I often think, what kind of un-caring monsters are these that have no thought or care about the loved ones of that girl, how they will feel and how much hurt will be caused.

This thread, is a complete mirror image of that.

Islam is nothing more than an ideology of terrorism, hate and radicalism. This is an individual who has expressed a desire herself to discard such an ideology and adopt a better way of life.

Interesting. Sufis do align more with Sikhi concepts of enlightenment and spirituality through experience of the One in this life and less credence to Sharia, whereas mainstream Muslims only believe Mohammed was enlightened and none other.

LOL

If we go by Islam itself, then these allies of the Gurus or their followers were not even Muslims.

"By the theory of it's origin the Muslim state is a theocracy... In such a state, infidelity is logically equivalent to treason... Therefore, the toleration of any sect outside the fold of Orthodox Islam is no better than compounding with sin... The conversion of the entire population to Islam and the extinction of every form of dissent is the ideal of the Muslim state."

- Sarkar, "History of Aurangzeb," vol. III, pg. 248-250.

According to the Koran, "the only faith acceptable to Allah is Islam."
-3:19.
What did Guru Nanak Dev Ji think of Islam?

"Make kindness thy mosque, sincerity thy carpet of prayer; what is just thy Koran; modesty thy circumcision; civility thy fasting and so shalt thou be considered a true Muslim."

- AGGS Ang. 140.

This was directly a challenge to Islam and it's elitism. Dismissed was the mosque, dismissed were the five prayers and the necessities of circumcision, dismissed was the Koran in it's stead a new and more humane formula was created.

Yet we still go by the imbecility, respect all faiths. Are we really to respect such faiths where inhumanity is rife? Did our Gurus? Jahangir and Aurangzeb were following Islam when they were committing atrocities (which of course Muslims are attempting to veil through inauthentic sophistry) and our Gurus raised their voices and arms against them. Were our Gurus wrong because they did not respect all faiths? The Vedas, and Hindu scriptures emphasize social stratification on a religious basis i.e. Caste. Were our Gurus wrong in raising their voices and arms against such a system?

There is no such thing as moderate Muslims. Let them get some form of numeric preponderance and you will really see moderate.

Your definition of a Sehajdhari also incorporates Amritdharis. Amritdharis are also trying to follow the teachings of Sikhi. If you say Amritdharis have accepted to follow the ethos by taking Amrit. A sehajdhari has not and a Sehajdhari can't be called a Sikh because he or she has not accepted Guru Sahib as their Guru. If a Sehajdhari accepts Guru Sahib as his Guru. Then this sehajdhari is a Sikh because he or she is attempting to follow his Guru's ethos. Sehajdhari, may be defined as people on the fence of whether to accept Guru Sahib as their Guru.

An Amritdhari, in theory, is dedicated. A Sehajdhari is not treated as such.

Thats not what I said though, was it StarStriker ?

I said, on Muslim discussion forums, there are often threads like this one in which a Muslim starts a thread in which he or she says, for example, there is a Sikh girl at college who is really showing an interest in embracing Islam but wants some more information etc. The other muslims on the foum then go on to recommend the best strategies etc and people like me are left wandering just what kind of insenstive uncaring monsters are these that don't have even an ounce of respect and feeling for the girl's family and loved ones and how such a thing would not only break their hearts but it would also tear a family apart.

We here, on this thread, are guilty of displaying those exact same uncaring, unprincipled qualities.

Her family, and their emotions, are her own business. She should be free to make her own choice. We are not acting like Islam's Prophet i.e. employing coercion or rape to convert her.

I have a pakistani muslim friend she has been reading up on Sikhism and no longer wants to be a muslim.

She wanted to know how does she become a sikh? She isnt ready to become baptised as a Khalsa but does believe in the Sikh scriptures.

So is there a way she can convert without her strict family finding out but still identifying herself as a Sikh?

Show her this article, job done, if not send her on her way and spread the Guru's message elsewhere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3437252/Twelve-men-repeatedly-gang-raped-abused-vulnerable-teenage-schoolgirl-saw-utterly-worthless-jailed-total-140-YEARS.html

No matter how many these cases reach the news, its always disturbing to read this. How debraved and demonic someone has to be that they cannot even feel mercy for a small child of 13.

Guest Jacfsing2
I'm not sure an article will change someone's mind. (From what he's said she's already made her mind to an extent).