Khalsa Raj - Come Off It Son

Guest WallaWallaBingBong

Guest WallaWallaBingBong

Before setting for heavenly abode, Sri Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Guru, the founder of order of Khalsa brotherhood, conferred the Guruship to Sri Granth Sahib as a living Guru of Khalsa. He then sang his self-composed hymn:

"Agya bhai Akal ki tabhi chalayo Panth Sabh Sikhan ko hukam hai Guru manyo Granth Guru Granth Ji manyo pargat Guran ki deh Jo Prabhu ko milbo chahe khoj shabad mein le Raj karega Khalsa aqi rahei na koe Khwar hoe sabh milange bache sharan jo hoe."

Raj Karega Khalsa - The Khalsa shall have Rule and Reign

Now, look at the state of the Khalsa today. Who seriously thinks the Khlasa could rule the world in the state we are in! Individually, socially or as a community! I'm actually struggling to think of anything the Khalsa does and could rule / reign over today! Major companies? No. Senate? No.

We are lacking so much and personally I believe we are SO beyond par on a global scale when compared to how much the world has advanced - it would be a joke if the Khalsa was to take charge today. The world would reject us, we would fail our Raj.

The bitter truth is the world doesn't need Khalsa Raj in it's current form and state. It's doing fine without us. And until we don't up our game, the would will never need, nor want Khalsa Raj, nor will the Khalsa have it.

Guest Khalsa chardikala

Perhaps your veiw of the Khalsa is a reflection of your own discipline and rehit. We perceive the world based on our limited capacity as humans. So you see Khalsa unfit in its current state. Theres always only been a small percentage of true Khalsa which is enough to change the world, our Guru is great and all is always possible at anytime. We need to take responsibility in meeting the requirements of our own self as individuals rather than looking at everything and seeing it negitive. Ask a true khalsa and they will be in chardikala.... if your expecting a fairytale perfect world in khalsa raaj with no quarells and wars etc then might be a untrue perception. We are here to fight unjustice and tryanny. But what goes on in the world..Its all an illusion...

Guest Jacfsing2

We need to first free the Akal Takht and our Sikh institutions. I agree that in this world and current state of the Panth nobody would start joining us. Khalsa Raj will happen once the Sikhs, (including myself), get their acts together and actually grow both spiritually and in political power.

The members of the Khalsa Raj are already here, we just need to find each other. It comes from the West,

In case many of you haven't noticed, many Sikhs in the UK, USA and Australia have done VERY well. There is a war coming in a few years time and many Sikhs will come together and use mixture of Wealth, Affluent positions and Spirituality to take on the Big Boys of the world who will need dealing with.

This networking has already began, City Sikhs etc is a good organisation to start as well as Gurdwaras where people are beginning to be taught how to deal with politics, the media and positions of power etc.

Remember Guru Gobind Singh Ji amassed a Huge army of spiritual warriors and material wealth to fund his mission to strike down tyranny and keep the True Teachings Alive.He didn't just sit around praying all day, he went out and DID things to bring about peace.

I believe that it is us who will help bring the Satyug back and get the khalsa to rise again, not in uniform, but in purity of the soul and in deeds and to spread the True teachings far .and wide.

I'll put it out there from first hand experience. Our next generation are only interested in pleasing society and friends. The majority of Sikhs at universities will not use their potential positions of power to the advantage of the Sikh faith. So many of these Sikhs are clueless about Sikhi, and of those whose know the basics, they follow the theory "I will follow Sikhi at a later stage in my life". I recall our Sikh Society at a top 5 university in the UK recently discussed matters such as if it is OK to drink etc and still call yourself a Sikh. The majority of the group simply said yes, because its something they wanted to do personally and probably felt better saying its fine. Until we educate our whole community on the beauty of Sikhi, we will not progress in my opinion.

Furthermore, I'd say 95% of our community at Universities drink alcohol which is the start of a very bad trend. It is now assumed to be the norm that a Sikh drinks, and you even hear other cultures saying "Sikhs throw the best parties", which just shows the bad impression of Sikhi our new generation is giving to outsiders.

I'm not sure not the solution, but I think this needs to be addressed and conquered somehow

To be fair, Anon, the kind of Sikhs in university Sikh societies who think drinking is acceptable aren't the brand of Sikhs upon whose shoulders Khalsa Raaj will be hoisted into being. Those type of Sikhs are more concerned with the transient tastes and moods of whichever era they reside in; their opinions and beliefs change with the wind. They lack faith in the eternal and irrefutable word of God.

To be fair, Anon, the kind of Sikhs in university Sikh societies who think drinking is acceptable aren't the brand of Sikhs upon whose shoulders Khalsa Raaj will be hoisted into being. Those type of Sikhs are more concerned with the transient tastes and moods of whichever era they reside in; their opinions and beliefs change with the wind. They lack faith in the eternal and irrefutable word of God. Their philosophers and their thinkers hold more sway over them than their Guru.

To be fair, Anon, the kind of Sikhs in university Sikh societies who think drinking is acceptable aren't the brand of Sikhs upon whose shoulders Khalsa Raaj will be hoisted into being. Those type of Sikhs are more concerned with the transient tastes and moods of whichever era they reside in; their opinions and beliefs change with the wind. They lack faith in the eternal and irrefutable word of God. Their philosophers and their thinkers hold more sway over them than their Guru.

I hear that, but (just out interest) how does the fact that the strongest and most successful we appear to have been post our Guru's physically leaving us, was under some drinking, drug taking and arguably womenising man - maharajah Ranjit Singh?

I hear that, but (just out interest) how does the fact that the strongest and most successful we appear to have been post our Guru's physically leaving us, was under some drinking, drug taking and arguably womenising man - maharajah Ranjit Singh?

Some of the most prolific and respected thinkers of modern times assert there is no God; that faith is a sign of a feeble-mind and a weak intellect. Some of the most incredibly successful and wealthiest people on earth are apparently horrible human beings with a raft of personality defects, yet that hasn't stopped them from achieving all they have. How is it that the Mughals were able to build such an empire when latter emperors butchered and maimed hundreds of thousands in order to hold onto power in the name of their religion?

What I'm trying to say is that mankind is capable of many feats that one might consider as an affront to the ways of God. Some might say, "If God was real and true, how and why would He allow such people to come to the fore and allow their voices to be heard by millions across the world? Surely He'd suppress such voices in order to prevent mankind being mislead."

In that respect, us thriving under Ranjit Singh despite him being a drinker, druggie, and womaniser is not a tacit endorsement of his lifestyle and a shining example of what we must do to succeed. It just means God affords us enough rope to do what we must do, and when we take things too far, we end up hanging ourselves. You could argue that we have a lot more freedom to live our lives than we've been lead to believe. A bolt of lightning from the heavens won't strike us when we think or do something against the laws of God. Even the "bad" things have a rhyme and a reason behind them. But eventually a price must be paid IMO.

Does anyone really believe our Guru Sahib would crow over an empire that in many ways was headed by people who were an affront to all he and his predecessors preached? Were they that easily impressed by a bit of earthly dominion that they'd endorse and bless such individuals with success? I'm not buying that.

As for the Sikh empire, it was material success that disappeared as soon as it came into being (or thereabouts). Empires eventually crumble; they all do. I wish I had the necessary spiritual knowledge to realise what Guru Ji meant by "Raaj." Knowing the world and our people as they are, it's difficult to see how various circumstances will conspire to allow that prophecy to come true. It will happen, but not for a long time IMO.