Hygene Langar

Big_Tera

Thats ridiculous lol. Believing in God doesnt make anyone more special than the next person.

Your posts indicate that you do not believe in God.

I hope you eventually find God or you will never break the circle of life and death. Our soul purpose on this earth is to pay our debts of past lives and meet with God. When we concern ourselves with issues such as "nice langar brah" we are losing.

Your posts indicate that you do not believe in God.

I hope you eventually find God or you will never break the circle of life and death. Our soul purpose on this earth is to pay our debts of past lives and meet with God. When we concern ourselves with issues such as "nice langar brah" we are losing.

No, my post does not indicate that, my post indicates that no matter what you believe you in your ideas/beliefs/opninions are open to scrutiny/critcizism etc. Your beliefs are similar to those of Pakhandis who coerce uneducated folks to blindly believe their message or else its paap, because they are "special beings."

No, my post does not indicate that, my post indicates that no matter what you believe you in your ideas/beliefs/opninions are open to scrutiny/critcizism etc. Your beliefs are similar to those of Pakhandis who coerce uneducated folks to blindly believe their message or else its paap, because they are "special beings."

to counter your argument , Guru ji has pointed out every being is special because every single one has Akal Purakh's jot in them , it is just that they do not have knowledge of themselves ... blind faith is not wise true , but Believing what your Guru ji advises and tells you is not blind faith it's trusting in their love

The whole point of langar is to feed and nourish less fortunate people not make them ill.

So are we less fortunate - is that why we go into langar.

The whole point of langar is to show you that all are equal in the eyes of God. There is no king, no ruler no ruled, no men, no women, no kids, no less fortunate, no more fortunate,. no caste no creed no high no low and all are equal.

If you do not reach a state where you do not recognise that all mankind is equal - then you have not reached the perfect state of self-realisation. When you go and perform seva in the langar - it purifies your mind to realise that all human beings are equal before God.

Karmi apo apni ke nerhe ke dhoor. God does not discriminate against any one - does not favour any religion - it is our actions which are going to take some nearer or further away from God.

How dare you care about hygiene and cleanliness at a langar hall! It is all gods will, even if the langar hall is filthy you better sit there and eat. So be it if you get ill, you were meant too.

if you look back into the great plague that killed many in England - you may understand why cleanliness is important. If it were not for the great fire of London to destroy the houses of all of the filthy city of London - the rats may never have gotten rid of. We have travelled far and going back would be fatal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Plague_of_London

The Great Plague killed an estimated 100,000 people, almost a quarter of London's population.

if you look back into the great plague that killed many in England - you may understand why cleanliness is important. If it were not for the great fire of London to destroy the houses of all of the filthy city of London - the rats may never have gotten rid of. We have travelled far and going back would be fatal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Plague_of_London

The Great Plague killed an estimated 100,000 people, almost a quarter of London's population.

bhen ji he's just being sarcastic ...

• 1 month later...

In this busy life, people go into the Guradwara and want a speedy langar service. There are usually sevadaars and you get your own plate and choose what you want, sit down have your langar and you are able to leave.

However our Guradwara had decided to adopt a new system whereby you sit down and wait and wait and then you are brought a plate. Then comes the phulka, when you spent some minutes wondering when the sevadhaar will reach you. Finally dhaal or sabji comes and this may have taken ten minutes of waiting and your patience is by now wearing out. The people serving sometimes are quite elderly and you feel guilty to have the sevadhaars running all over to get some one water, or something else. Then the same sevadhaar gets some plates.

Now this may have been the traditional way langar is served, but also it was done in batches. This system leaves people without having received either dhaal or sabji which gets served afterwards. This system wastes time and just makes the sangat wonder what is happening. Perhaps they want us to be put off from their Guradwara. After having received complaints from several people, this means all their regulars, programs are now being cancelled in the Guradwara, but they adamantly choose to stick to their langar system.

This is the sister Guradwara to the Birmingham one on Soho road under Guru Nanak Nishkam sevak jatha. This Guradwara in situated in Hounslow, on Martindale Road.

I just wonder what the sangat have done in order to receive such treatment from the committee members who are so adamant in changing their langar system which no one seems happy with!!!!!!!!!!

Each and every regular goer to this Guradwara whom I met over this vasakhi has opted out of the langar and attended just the program and gone for langar else where or just started going to another Guradwara altogether.

Why should the Gurdwaras pander to these 'busy' people? The langar is not a cafeteria, it is not where you go pick your thali and chose your food and go sit at a table and eat. Sangat and pangat, that is what Guru Sahib Ji started, are these 'busy' people bigger then the Guru? Do they know more then the Guru?While you sit and wait for your roti or sabzi maybe your should take the time to contemplate the meaning of langar. If you cannot even wait five minutes to be served in the langar then maybe you should think about going someplace else.

Agree, we should be grateful for what we get. And if we don't get every item in langar it doesn't matter, just make do with what we get and thank Waheguru for that.

If one cannot wait, due to busy lives, then just have what one can and get blessings from that.

God owes us nothing, langar is for the needy and as you mentioned Paji it's not a restaurant.

I actually like the idea of being served by sevadars, it makes my soul neevaa, knowing that God's sevadar is serving and there is no mess or fussiness involved. It's a good system. If one is able to do seva, then ask to do it, so the elders don't struggle. This way the system will speed up and it's good the younger ones help out.

Instead of going elsewhere for langar, why didn't those people ask if they could help with seva?

Waheguru ??

Whilst you are both right not all people can do that. There are times I have sat there and done my simran while waiting. However with every single person you meet complaining about it and actually not going into the guradwara should be ringing alarm bells. Believe me the system has been in place for an year now. People have tried to cope and given up. 20 mins in langar does not seem too good. After langar you come home and families need to cook because someone missed some item and just did not sat well.

There are pros and cons too. People with children cannot do seva much as they may want to. Someone passing by you asking if you will have some tea 3 times does break your simran too. If you have an appointment to attend to then you have to opt to miss kirtan and spenx 20 mins in langar. Yes people enjoy langar and go for the dhaal anx sabzi. I am not speaking for myself alone. 9 close people have just admitted this to me. It pains me that others are opting to go elsewhere.

People who were going to have their programs at this guradwara went ahead and cancelled them. These were 4 parwars. The reason was the langar system. This system requires a huge space which the guradwara does not have. You have your langar while others are standing waiting and you sit there waiting with your empty plate. Anyone who needs to make a hasty exit has no chance to have a quick langar. Langar as we know has been created for a purpose. Imagine elderly people standing waiting - are you going to enjoy your simran leave alone your langar?