Please See This! Important! - Gursikh Amritdhari Parents Abusing Teenage Daughter

Guest kaur1

wjkk, wjkf.

my best friend's parents beat her constantly and this has been going on for a while. she is amritdhari but committed a mistake last year and they have been beating her constantly after wards for no reason after it. Even though she has accepted her mistake and become better. Now, she is continually depressed always and suicidal. but they do not care at all. I have had to pull her through so much. They physically and verbally abuse her again and again. She has recently found out she is at risk for cancer and her parents still do not care even though she goes through so much pain. her older and younger brothers verbally abuse her as well.

I have no idea what to do. It hurts not knowing what to do. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP? This has been going on for too long. and I can't take it seeing her pain. I love her. She's the sister i never had.

This is a urgent benti to sangat. Please.

wjkk, wjkf

wjkk, wjkf.

my best friend's parents beat her constantly and this has been going on for a while. she is amritdhari but committed a mistake last year and they have been beating her constantly after wards for no reason after it. Even though she has accepted her mistake and become better. Now, she is continually depressed always and suicidal. but they do not care at all. I have had to pull her through so much. They physically and verbally abuse her again and again. She has recently found out she is at risk for cancer and her parents still do not care even though she goes through so much pain. her older and younger brothers verbally abuse her as well.

I have no idea what to do. It hurts not knowing what to do. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP? This has been going on for too long. and I can't take it seeing her pain. I love her. She's the sister i never had.

wjkk, wjkf

Contact this organisation, they may be able to guide you. There numbers are in the links:

http://sikhhelpline.com

On Facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/sikhhelpline/

Guest GetHelpNow

I think you need to send all this info and contact details of your friend to social services and the police.

You also need to tell the girl to go to a police station and report physical abuse asap. Then inform them that her return to that house may result in further abuse. They will give her a safe place to stay.

its against the law. No one should be beaten . Culture, religion, traditions or family honour are no reason to accept any of this behavior. Do not let her go home .send her to get help asap. Not a finger should be laid on her.

We all get to accepting of this. I was beaten all my life and just accepted it. It is absolutley wrong. I cant stress it enough. The worry is the girl starts thinkin its normal and then ends up with an abusive partner and lives in misery. We need to do something asap

Guest Jacfsing2

wjkk, wjkf.

wjkk, wjkf

The best advice for her is just to leave, and depending on what the mistake was: go pesh.

The best advice for her is just to leave, and depending on what the mistake was: go pesh.

That's probably the last thought on her mind whilst her mum and dad are beating the crap out of her. Depending on her mindset, when someone as young as that experiences something along the lines of what's happening to her, it's a huge knock against their sharda and general beliefs. I hope, when she's out of immediate danger and things have calmed down, she doesn't blame Sikhi for the actions of her family.

I'm not saying parents shouldn't discipline their children or punish them when they make mistakes of a serious nature, but a concerted and prolonged period of abuse is not how it should be done.

My parents and brothers were a-holes to me aswell and I got beaten badly by my brother also.

I left home and it was honestly the best thing I ever did. I don't have a huge amount of money and guys may not like the fact that I'm not with my parents, but at least I don't live in constant abuse in my home.

• 2 weeks later...

My parents and brothers were a-holes to me aswell and I got beaten badly by my brother also.

I left home and it was honestly the best thing I ever did. I don't have a huge amount of money and guys may not like the fact that I'm not with my parents, but at least I don't live in constant abuse in my home.

Sorry to hear this, I hope you are coping and that Waheguru gives you success in your future. . Only you know what you went through and you are a brave woman for having the courage to do what you had to do.