Sign in to follow this  
JagsawSingh

Singhs Skirting The Edge Of Copywrite Infringement

It all started with the Murgh Donalds Punjabi restaurant opposite Southall McDonalds a few years ago. We should have nipped it in the bud right there and then for things are now very much out of hand in that there is almost an epidemic at the moment with Singhs up and down the land skirting very very close to the edge when it comes to copywrite. One Singh done it. And now every Singh and his shop is jumping on the bandwagon. It won't be long before sainsbury's lawyers come calling.

12749970_1507786476196377_53243057_n.jpg

BQxlkeVCMAADlcw.jpg

4974745504_1976ae7fa1_b.jpg

BBeJtNSCYAAnAs3.jpg

21190020.jpg

• Like 1

Hope they do, the number of Amritdharis selling fags and alcohol for a living and justifying it by claiming they are earning an honest living is pathetic!

• Like 1

Its all rather amusing. Why not? Does this royal 'we' have a copyright on 'Singh'?

Edited by S4NGH
  • Like 1

Guest Jacfsing2

Its all rather amusing. Why not? Does this royal 'we' have a copyright on 'Singh'?

They also have "Bury"

No, like I said things are now very much out of control. As I said before, we should have killed this bug as soon as it appeared with the 'Murgh Donalds' a few years now. Now, its a unstoppable monster. Its only a matter of time before we get a Morrisinghs and M&S (Marks and Singh):

Ccb-du1UEAAfmnt.jpg

• Like 1

This one used to be on my FB.

It's good that he's making a living and not getting into bad habits.

post-24162-0-39155600-1457279329.jpeg

• Like 1

This one used to be on my FB.

It's good that he's making a living and not getting into bad habits.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Love the way Mr Singh has copied the McDonalds AND Burger King trademarks all in one go. Still think he could have added a KFC too it too. Oh wait...........

CIe9ZitWwAAt7Xt.jpg

Love the way Mr Singh has copied the McDonalds AND Burger King trademarks all in one go. Still think he could have added a KFC too it too. Oh wait...........

CIe9ZitWwAAt7Xt.jpg

Oh yes, saw this one on my travels too, Sardar's Fish N Chicken ? They all are good at advertising and know how to attract the public ?

They all are good at advertising and know how to attract the public

That's an astute point. As well as being quite funny, the utilization of Sikh-themed imagery and wordplay by these companies should be taken as high praise for our people - particularly when it originates from non-Sikhs, as I believe Burger Singh does.

A Sardarji means something to a lot of people, including non-Sikhs. A Sardar represents generosity, trustworthiness and an ethic of hard work. Clearly some very shrewd businessmen have realized that by harnessing the Sardarji/Singh to their brand, it will appear take on some of the Sardar's positive qualities in the eyes of the general public, chiefly those I mention above. It is a great compliment to our people.

Edited by Balkaar
  • Like 3

Guest Jacfsing2

Sikhs selling meat :blink2:

and proud of by using their sikh given name :omg:

The Maryada was never really clear on whether meat was allowed.

Dont bother goin there mate, any talk of meat, n this site closes the thread, its y i never replied to 'big tera'.

• Like 3

whether it was clear or not using a sikh given name with meat endorsements is wrong, pure and simple!