Depression

kaurp

This is what I try to do if I feel so depressed even though I am on Medicine. I take off my glass put them aside and say to myself Goodbye depression. Depression hurts only those that have it know others with depression feel.

Have you tried any other method apart from medicine?

Hi, I am no expert, but I believe things like diet / exercise and Gurbani can assist with negativity / stress / depression. As The Gurus advised eat little (meaning eat right), to eat 'good' food such as Hazel nuts, Almonds in the morning with fruit such as berries/banana/apples.

Changing diet may help immensely, in the modern world which promotes very sugary/chemical based food, unhealthy eating and living can increase negativity in the mind which can influence more depressive state of mind. To be fit (in mind and body) and read/hear Gurbani - Shabads (spiritually) can lead to a Chardi Kalaa way of life : )

✔️ Like

Guest AssatasApprentis

Depression is a very real illness that has everything to do with chemicals in the brain. That is how depression differs from general sadness.

Sadness can be treated with many of the things listed above. These same things often have very little to no effect on depression. It's like trying to treat cancer with a good diet. Sure it'll help, but it won't solve the problem.

I have some experience with this as I was in treatment for about 4 months and on medication a little while after that before getting it under control enough to do without. :0)

I'm not a professional, which is who I'd recommend getting advice from. I can certainly point you in the right direction and offer any other resources and support I have to give. These days resources and therapy (even if it's just chatting with a medicL professional) can even be initiated online and via apps, which often helps with the stigma surrounding mental health.

Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like. AssatasApprentis[at]gmail

:0)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I have gone through depression . Its a very difficult time but believe it will pass soon

Here is what helped me

Therapy

And supplements

I had done mri , medication,

And many things .

Medication used to send me to fake world

Supplements which have helped me are

Amino acids

Vitamin b12

Folic acid

Multivitamins

And omega 3

Out of this supplements amino acids is the most effective for mood

Hello

I have gone through depression . Its a very difficult time but believe it will pass soon

Here is what helped me

Therapy

And supplements

I had done mri , medication,

And many things .

Medication used to send me to fake world

Supplements which have helped me are

Amino acids

Vitamin b12

Folic acid

Multivitamins

And omega 3

Out of this supplements amino acids is the most effective for mood

Thank you for this feedback, hope it helps those who are experiencing depression or low mood.

May I ask? Were your bloods tests for the above vitamins deficient, or did the doctor recommend you take extra of those vitamins?

No my blood test were normal

I used to get headache and thought maybe some other problem is causing my depression , ocd and anxiety

I did mri but it was normal

I went away from my family, my married life for whole month because i was very low and could not face them and decided to move away to some hilly area to be at peace

I used to have suicidal thoughts , disturbing thoughts ,

No mood

Been to psychiatrist and tried medication but they made me sick and i could not feel normal. So i did my own research and went to psychologist and

Start taking this supplement as i read they are safe and i m slowly feeling less irritated and getting back on track

Still i have some problems like this heavy hurt closeness

But i m not going to give up

God help those who help themselves

Depression is a god way of either make us stronger or break us

Waheguru g