Starched Turbans - Topi Or Not Topi

InderjitS

WJKK WJKF

Veer I think the pag makes no difference. But the person does. Majority of young people tie a pag and then shave their dhaari, I have more of a issue with that because either keep kesh and wear the pag and grow within your faith, or just cut your kesh (and dhaari) and don't wear the pag.

WJKK WJKF

Veer I think the pag makes no difference. But the person does. Majority of young people tie a pag and then shave their dhaari, I have more of a issue with that because either keep kesh and wear the pag and grow within your faith, or just cut your kesh (and dhaari) and don't wear the pag.

Agree with everything you say, but surely the dastar makes a difference, from a practical view if not anything else. One of my relatives wears one and in the evening he plonks it on to the sideboard and the satkar is missing in this case right?

plus I can never imagine a bibi wearing one, not that I've witnessed at least.....

Lol Pra, might just happen sooner rather later. You can need say never.

Your right aswell, the pag with starch on it does lose it's satkar, but I think the satkar can only be present if the sikh (male or female) has satkar for the gurus pyaari roop in the first place.

I find some Nihang Singh what tie HUGE dumalla out of satkar alil misguided. If something so big is gonna affect your physical fighting, it's just unpractical and like in sheikh farids bani, we shouldn't be afraid if getting dirt on our pag, because we will all be dirt very soon.

To sum up what I think: Khalsa roop satkar first has to begin with satkar of Maryada within the insaan male/female.

Hopefully the sikh who ties the starched turban may understand why it may be deemed as inappropriate to the guru roop.

I'm guilty of wearing a patka, it's hard wearing a pag when in the gym but I guess this is just an excuse right. I guess a dumalla would be better suited, but I have yet to master the dumalla tying technique.

Lol Pra, might just happen sooner rather later. You can need say never.

Your right aswell, the pag with starch on it does lose it's satkar, but I think the satkar can only be present if the sikh (male or female) has satkar for the gurus pyaari roop in the first place.

I find some Nihang Singh what tie HUGE dumalla out of satkar alil misguided. If something so big is gonna affect your physical fighting, it's just unpractical and like in sheikh farids bani, we shouldn't be afraid if getting dirt on our pag, because we will all be dirt very soon.

To sum up what I think: Khalsa roop satkar first has to begin with satkar of Maryada within the insaan male/female.

Hopefully the sikh who ties the starched turban may understand why it may be deemed as inappropriate to the guru roop.

I'm guilty of wearing a patka, it's hard wearing a pag when in the gym but I guess this is just an excuse right. I guess a dumalla would be better suited, but I have yet to master the dumalla tying technique.

I'm sorry satkar is highly important for dastar , siropa given to Guru Amar Das ji by Guru Angad Dev was tied on his head as he wanted to maintain utmost satkar. Guru Gobind Singh ji removed his shoes to walk through Chamkaur di madaan because he did not want his shoes to tread on any kesh or dastar ...do you not think they got dusty then ? please realise Guru ji's hukham is to do satkar always. If we started wearing starched turbans and took them off and on like hats then they have become topis however if like my Dad tied a fresh starched dastar everyday, washing and extracting starch from rice to ensure neat finish to his dastar and untied it maintaining satkar always surely this is different? Dad used to wear a starched one back in the early sixties-seventies and even put fixo in his dhardi to set it neat for the office but once he had amrit in 1975 he stopped starching his dastar and beard . Then when he had amrit again in Jatha reinsbhai as there were questionable instructions given by panj piarey (can wear makeup, jewellery(including earrings) can eat fish/maas) he started wearing two dastars small gol under soft nok vali pagg . people change with more information about Sikhi

Guest Jacfsing2

I'm sorry satkar is highly important for dastar , siropa given to Guru Amar Das ji by Guru Angad Dev was tied on his head as he wanted to maintain utmost satkar. Guru Gobind Singh ji removed his shoes to walk through Chamkaur di madaan because he did not want his shoes to tread on any kesh or dastar ...do you not think they got dusty then ? please realise Guru ji's hukham is to do satkar always. If we started wearing starched turbans and took them off and on like hats then they have become topis however if like my Dad tied a fresh starched dastar everyday, washing and extracting starch from rice to ensure neat finish to his dastar and untied it maintaining satkar always surely this is different? Dad used to wear a starched one back in the early sixties-seventies and even put fixo in his dhardi to set it neat for the office but once he had amrit in 1975 he stopped starching his dastar and beard . Then when he had amrit again in Jatha reinsbhai as there were questionable instructions given by panj piarey (can wear makeup, jewellery(including earrings) can eat fish/maas) he started wearing two dastars small gol under soft nok vali pagg . people change with more information about Sikhi

Make-up and jewelry aren't Bhujer Kurehits,(though both are not recommended).