Travelling In Europe As A Singh ?

bdemon

wjkk wjkf

Im on my Gap Year before going to university this september, so this whole year ive been planning to travel ive been working to save up so i can travel to a few places, ive been to a few places so far but that was with family or friends. now im planning to go alone bc everyones busy

My plans to go austria, Norway, Iceland and then ontario, canada. Im doing this work exchnage thing called helpx which means i'll go to like organic farms or b&b's and work a few hours a day and get food and accomodation. Ive been to one of these work excahnges already and it was great, I ate fresh organic vegan food every day and enjoyed the nature of the place, I also taught a bit of naam meditation to the people there because the people there were really into spirituality and stuff.

Ive got these work exchances planned for all the places im going too but now my parents are kind of against it bc of all the tension in europe etc. and me being a singh they think i will be targeted by authorities etc

I went to belgium recently to do this and had a wicked time, my parents wernt to sure about it but they let me go anyway, but now this that has happened in belgium has now scared my parents even more about me travelling.

I get that there scared but i cant tell if this is the over protective parent scared or f they actually have a valid point to be scared. i'm not reaally scared, i understand theres a tension in europe but i dont mind changing my plans a bit, i mean, i doubt canada is as hostile right now.

I just wanted to get some opinions from others out there.

with the current situations in europe, do yiu think it'll be okay for me a 18 year old dummalla-dhari singh to travel a bit before i go to university.

I only wanna travel this bad bc i wanna see the world and have these experiences before im old and i know after uni i'll be looking for a job and then settle down without having seen the world and its wonders.

sorry if this is a bit of a random topic, but i dont know where else to ask lol

Wjkk Wjkf

Guest Jacfsing2

wjkk wjkf

Im on my Gap Year before going to university this september, so this whole year ive been planning to travel ive been working to save up so i can travel to a few places, ive been to a few places so far but that was with family or friends. now im planning to go alone bc everyones busy

My plans to go austria, Norway, Iceland and then ontario, canada. Im doing this work exchnage thing called helpx which means i'll go to like organic farms or b&b's and work a few hours a day and get food and accomodation. Ive been to one of these work excahnges already and it was great, I ate fresh organic vegan food every day and enjoyed the nature of the place, I also taught a bit of naam meditation to the people there because the people there were really into spirituality and stuff.

Ive got these work exchances planned for all the places im going too but now my parents are kind of against it bc of all the tension in europe etc. and me being a singh they think i will be targeted by authorities etc

I went to belgium recently to do this and had a wicked time, my parents wernt to sure about it but they let me go anyway, but now this that has happened in belgium has now scared my parents even more about me travelling.

I get that there scared but i cant tell if this is the over protective parent scared or f they actually have a valid point to be scared. i'm not reaally scared, i understand theres a tension in europe but i dont mind changing my plans a bit, i mean, i doubt canada is as hostile right now.

I just wanted to get some opinions from others out there.

with the current situations in europe, do yiu think it'll be okay for me a 18 year old dummalla-dhari singh to travel a bit before i go to university.

I only wanna travel this bad bc i wanna see the world and have these experiences before im old and i know after uni i'll be looking for a job and then settle down without having seen the world and its wonders.

sorry if this is a bit of a random topic, but i dont know where else to ask lol

Wjkk Wjkf

The simple solution is not to do anything strange or unusual, or put unwanted attention to yourself. (I'm not talking about wearing the Dumalla), like everybody else avoid the ghettos, (poor people). Like everything else, (you should be free to live your own life).

Google image "omar bakr al-baghdadi" The leader of the caliphate state of ISIS.He is a sunni

Google image "ayatollah khomeini" Another spiritual leader he is a shia

Both looks like a sikhs, there images are always in the media. What does your gut instinct tell you? Especially after the belgium attacks? I would avoid Belgium and France right now

Listen to your gut, you may decide to go, not listen to your parents and when you are about to aboard that plane your gut instincts may or may not kick in. If it does you will have this horrible feeling.

Google image "omar bakr al-baghdadi" The leader of the caliphate state of ISIS.He is a sunni

Both looks like a sikhs, there images are always in the media. What does your gut instinct tell you? Especially after the belgium attacks? I would avoid Belgium and France right now

Listen to your gut, you may decide to go, not listen to your parents and when you are about to aboard that plane your gut instincts may or may not kick in. If it does you will have this horrible feeling.

Hear what you're saying and your concerns are valid to a point. There is a BUT!

Thanks to these loonies, Sikhs are targets everywhere, not just in Europe so we should not put our lives on pause just in case we are called Osama or worse physically abused. Everywhere we go, it is our duty to educate people on Sikhi verbally where they are receptive and through positive actions.

threyre always in the media now and i think they always will be as long as the middle east has oil lol, but i cant just sit at home all day becuase of that.

and ive already visited belgium last month and dont think ill be going there soon but i am planning to go austria in europe soon

Hear what you're saying and your concerns are valid to a point. There is a BUT!

Thanks to these loonies, Sikhs are targets everywhere, not just in Europe so we should not put our lives on pause just in case we are called Osama or worse physically abused. Everywhere we go, it is our duty to educate people on Sikhi verbally where they are receptive and through positive actions.

The only solution is to get studying be able to hold a decent conversation the languages of the natives , and thus bring them closer to you and show that you are just like them not an insular mysterious single backpack laden dude.