Veganism

bdemon

VJKK VJKF

My ahankar has nothing to do with this debate, it is truly surprising how someone can sense ahankar just by reading something. I'm not judging anyone singularly, I am just telling what the views are based on Gurmat. If someone mistakes that for ahankar, then hopefully they realize that it is not ahankar. If someone told me to eat meat or die, I'd rather die than to eat meat. What can a meat eating human understand when their minds are infused with tamas guni thoughts (since that is the reward of eating tamas guni foods). It does not matter if you have stated that meat costs 100 rupees, I was saying that for general knowledge, so it makes no sense for someone to say a bikhari would eat meat because it is cheap. Clearly anyone who thinks living while turning their backs on Hari is a nastik. I would rather die today if I was told that I am not allowed to be dharmic, rather than lead an Adharmic life. Har har har har har har har har ੴ.

WJKK WJKF

Please read this;

Mohsin Fani, Dabistan-e-Mazahib

Mohsin Fani was a historian, traveller and mystic who was born around 1615 in Persia. During the lifetime of Guru Hargobind he migrated to India and studied the religions of India. He became very good friends with Guru Hargobind and spent a great deal of time with the Guru upto the Gurus death in 1644. In between 1645 and 1654 he produced his great work 'Dabistan-e-Mazahib' meaning 'the schools of thought of various religions'. This book provides the most accurate account of the life of Guru Hargobind and the Sikhs at that time. Mohsin Fani writes:

"The Guru believes in one God. His followers put not their faith in idol-worship. They never pray or practice austerities like the Hindus. They believe not in their incarnations, or places of pilgrimage nor the Sanskrit language which the Hindus deem to be the language of gods. They believe that all the Gurus are the same as Nanak. The Sikhs are not restricted in the matter of eating or drinking. When Partap Mall Giani saw a Hindu boy who had a mind to embrace Islam, he said, 'Why do you become a Muhammadan? If you have an inclination to eat everything, you may become a Sikh of the Guru and eat whatever you like."

Some use a quote from Mohsin Fani to prove that Guru Nanak and Guru Arjan did not allow Sikhs to eat meat. Since he only emigrated to India during the lifetime of Guru Hargobind, his information about Guru Nanak and Guru Arjan cannot be considered an eyewitness account of his. Also vegetarian proponents usually only give a partial quote, the full quote of his is:

"Nanak himself abstained from animal food and the prudent Arjan endevoured to add to his saintly merit and influence by a similar moderation; but the adventurous Hargobind became a hunter and an eater of flesh, and his disciples imitated him in these robust practices."

That isn't Gurbani, we only believe in Gurbani. No reason is good enough to eat meat, since we support ahinsa to the innocent.

WJKK WJKF

LOL! It's an account of history from a person who was there at that specific time from a non bias source.

How can you debunk history?

Obviously this is not gurbani. That's not the point. You choose to debunk this account of history because it highlights something YOU don't agree with.

So do you not read no sikh history because it doesn't concern you?

VJKK VJKF

Isnt ahimsa part of Sikh history? Or is it not because it is something you do not support? Har har.

You never answered my question yet you choose to question me? Of course I believe in respect of all creation, but I'm not a Jain or Buddhist, I'm not gona start brushing the floor before I walk or covering my mouth incase I inhale a small fly.

VJKK VJKF

Isnt ahimsa part of Sikh history? Or is it not because it is something you do not support? Har har.

WJKK WJKF

What I don't understand is why you have less ahinsa for people within situations out of their control and due to their diet in that situation, you think they are nasthik?

This then highlights that you assume you are "better" than them or me because you are vegan.

You sound exactly like the pandits Guru Nanak talks about.

You do not understand what food is.