Veganism

bdemon

Guest Jacfsing2

The recipe was already changed when we started using milk from cows of exploitation rather than ethicaly sourced milk ie. our own cows

Is there a maryada of such a sort?

the fact of the matter is, times have changed and the milk industry has become a business, which means that cows are exploited to provide milk and chocolate, and i wasnt really question karah parshad, im talking about when they hand out quality save chocolates or cha in gurdwaras, thats what im against because its so unnecessary but the implications of doing so are so bad, how can we justify a cow being raped every year and then it gives birth and the baby calf is ripped away and killed right after birth because the humans want the milk from the cow and the calf isnt efficient.

Also its not like milk and chocolate are good for us anyway

WJKK WJKF

Mate, why don't you go back to India first and go and sort out all them hungry cows left on the streets roaming around eating rubbish and then turn your enthusiasm on all the stray dogs what continuously get kicked and told to get lost while they look for left overs to eat.

Then we can talk about veganism.

Sikhs do not need to be vegan. There is no spiritual benefit or gain. Just eat healthy within a balanced diet of meat/fish veg and dairy to be fit, be smart and able bodied to fight. Compassion within all food groups a big must!

Simple.

WJKK WJKF

Mate, why don't you go back to India first and go and sort out all them hungry cows left on the streets roaming around eating rubbish and then turn your enthusiasm on all the stray dogs what continuously get kicked and told to get lost while they look for left overs to eat.

Then we can talk about veganism.

Sikhs do not need to be vegan. There is no spiritual benefit or gain. Just eat healthy within a balanced diet of meat/fish veg and dairy to be fit, be smart and able bodied to fight. Compassion within all food groups a big must!

Simple.

Lol do u know the implications of eating meat and fish and dairy?

There is a spiritual benifit, how can u find inner peace if your consuming torture and rape?

a balanced diet is bs, 14 out of the 15 major killers of humans is related to eating meat, so meat is not healthy and the world health organisation says meat is a carcinogenic, its ranked amonst ciggerates in terms of how bad it is for you. the reason you do not know this is because the meat industry is bigger than the oil industry, countrieis go to war for oil so imagine how brainwashed we are when it coms to meat.

Guru gave us the hukan of feeding the world when he said degh tegh fateh, do you know how inefficient the meat industry is? it takes 300 galleons of water and 20 kilos of grain to create on hamburger, meanwhile theres kids in africa and india who have no water or food to eat, they feed cows soy to get them big for the meat industry where we could have fed that soy to humans and ended world hunger.

And dont get me started on fish, They say

the way were fishing there are going to be fishless seas by the year 2048, this is not a conspiracy, its happening now.

Think of this on a practical level, This is the beauty of sikhi, Guru gave us an ethics based religion, we have to see whats happening to the world around us and how we can help, by Going vegan ur literally saving the planet. the meat industry causes 3x more global warming than the whole of the transport industry combined, think about that.

I think we need to talk about veganism before its too late to talk about anything else

Wjkk Wjkf

Guest Jacfsing2

There is a spiritual benifit, how can u find inner peace if your consuming torture and rape?

a balanced diet is bs, 14 out of the 15 major killers of humans is related to eating meat, so meat is not healthy and the world health organisation says meat is a carcinogenic, its ranked amonst ciggerates in terms of how bad it is for you. the reason you do not know this is because the meat industry is bigger than the oil industry, countrieis go to war for oil so imagine how brainwashed we are when it coms to meat.

Guru gave us the hukan of feeding the world when he said degh tegh fateh, do you know how inefficient the meat industry is? it takes 300 galleons of water and 20 kilos of grain to create on hamburger, meanwhile theres kids in africa and india who have no water or food to eat, they feed cows soy to get them big for the meat industry where we could have fed that soy to humans and ended world hunger.

the way were fishing there are going to be fishless seas by the year 2048, this is not a conspiracy, its happening now.

Think of this on a practical level, This is the beauty of sikhi, Guru gave us an ethics based religion, we have to see whats happening to the world around us and how we can help, by Going vegan ur literally saving the planet. the meat industry causes 3x more global warming than the whole of the transport industry combined, think about that.

I think we need to talk about veganism before its too late to talk about anything else

Wjkk Wjkf

I strongly oppose changing any of the Karah Prassad recipe even if we could live for 100 extra years. The Maryada is the Maryada! (Is your only goal really to promote veganism, when as a Panth we clearly have bigger problems?)

Wjkk Wjkf

WJKK WJKF

Thanks for the interesting facts....all valid points.

No food helps spirituality. Whether you consume meat, fish, dairy or veg. This food only helps the physical body and the brain. The only food which has a benefit to spirituality is naam.

If you consume only meat and nothing else, obviously this will have a bad affect on your diet. But I don't, the meat I consume is killed by my own hands. I eat meat probably once a week.

What you are saying about the meat industry is right. World hunger can be stopped at present and it could of been stopped within the time of our gurus. The reason why it's not stopped is because of the 5 chor what live and thrive within humanity. We as sikhs are sovereign king and queens within ourselves. If you can help someone or something for being vegan, great! But I wish to help via a different route. I wish for my children to be strong bodied to. Hence why my diet consists of all food groups. You cannot be as physically strong on a vegan diet as when being in a mixed food group diet which consists of a higher percentage of protein to carbs.

Fact is, the world, it's creatures and people are dying due to many reasons. Like how the meat industry fuels climate change, or world hunger due to colonisation, or war.

Our goal as sikhs is not to be vegan, but again if you wish to be so, be it. The gurus hukam was also to take up arms and train. What physical training or combat sport do you do veer/bhen ji? How can you talk about our guy sahibans hukam and then justify changing it? Kraa prashad is sacred and shouldn't be changed at all. The prashad before blessing is food with naam, then after the ardas we cut it with the kirpan? Why? This is what jhatka is, the prashad then becomes blessed and then distributed.

Today, we have a problem with terrorism. Now if you was in the London tube and a terrorist who was physically strong and determined to cause havoc, randomly hurting innocent people. Do you really think you would be able bodied and able minded to confront and give a good go? I'm not asking you to write your answer on here, but just ask yourself this question and answer yourself honestly.

WJKK WJKF

Thanks for the interesting facts....all valid points.

No food helps spirituality. Whether you consume meat, fish, dairy or veg. This food only helps the physical body and the brain. The only food which has a benefit to spirituality is naam.

If you consume only meat and nothing else, obviously this will have a bad affect on your diet. But I don't, the meat I consume is killed by my own hands. I eat meat probably once a week.

What you are saying about the meat industry is right. World hunger can be stopped at present and it could of been stopped within the time of our gurus. The reason why it's not stopped is because of the 5 chor what live and thrive within humanity. We as sikhs are sovereign king and queens within ourselves. If you can help someone or something for being vegan, great! But I wish to help via a different route. I wish for my children to be strong bodied to. Hence why my diet consists of all food groups. You cannot be as physically strong on a vegan diet as when being in a mixed food group diet which consists of a higher percentage of protein to carbs.

Fact is, the world, it's creatures and people are dying due to many reasons. Like how the meat industry fuels climate change, or world hunger due to colonisation, or war.

Our goal as sikhs is not to be vegan, but again if you wish to be so, be it. The gurus hukam was also to take up arms and train. What physical training or combat sport do you do veer/bhen ji? How can you talk about our guy sahibans hukam and then justify changing it? Kraa prashad is sacred and shouldn't be changed at all. The prashad before blessing is food with naam, then after the ardas we cut it with the kirpan? Why? This is what jhatka is, the prashad then becomes blessed and then distributed.

Today, we have a problem with terrorism. Now if you was in the London tube and a terrorist who was physically strong and determined to cause havoc, randomly hurting innocent people. Do you really think you would be able bodied and able minded to confront and give a good go? I'm not asking you to write your answer on here, but just ask yourself this question and answer yourself honestly.

being vegan does not make you weak, its a myth, the strongest man in the world was vegan and the one of the best ufc fighters is vegan, You can get more than enough protien from plant based foods which means the killing of animals in un necessary, people who eat meat today do it only to satisfy their taste buds and cannot see beyond that.

A high carb vegan diet is the richest diet as carbs and glucose arw what gives our body energy, Its our bodies preffered energy source, eating rice, pasta, bananas, oats, suger, all these things are fuel for our body, i Cycle, train muay thai and weight train on a weekly basis, eating meat doesnt make anyone more capable to fighting terrorists lol, in fact i think it would make us less a

capable as we would be too obese and fighting cancer and beart disease we wouldnt have time to think about helping others.

Im not calling for a change in karah parshad, ofc i want gurdwaras to use ethical sources, but i understans its hukam.

Im talking about changing the things in our diet which is not hukam, like serving chocolates, yogurts ans milk chai in langer, and turning more sikhs vegan.

Look veganism is growing right now and bc of the envirmonetal impacts, governments will soon have to force people to go vegan, if the sikhs are already vegan its more promotion for us.

I strongly oppose changing any of the Karah Prassad recipe even if we could live for 100 extra years. The Maryada is the Maryada! (Is your only goal really to promote veganism, when as a Panth we clearly have bigger problems?)

thats not my only goal, i know we have bigger problems but I only started this topic to see what peoples views were, J knoe veganism doesnt have precedent over other issues tght now..

but, If we are fighters of opppresion then its a little hypocritical for us ro carry on with these eating habbits

Im not saying change karah parshad, I accept it as gurus hukam but im talkng about the things we do have a choice about tbat we dont do anything about. like when we choose to eat chocolate and paneer at home when we know where its come from.

being vegan does not make you weak, its a myth, the strongest man in the world was vegan and the one of the best ufc fighters is vegan, You can get more than enough protien from plant based foods which means the killing of animals in un necessary, people who eat meat today do it only to satisfy their taste buds and cannot see beyond that.

A high carb vegan diet is the richest diet as carbs and glucose arw what gives our body energy, Its our bodies preffered energy source, eating rice, pasta, bananas, oats, suger, all these things are fuel for our body, i Cycle, train muay thai and weight train on a weekly basis, eating meat doesnt make anyone more capable to fighting terrorists lol, in fact i think it would make us less a

capable as we would be too obese and fighting cancer and beart disease we wouldnt have time to think about helping others.

Im not calling for a change in karah parshad, ofc i want gurdwaras to use ethical sources, but i understans its hukam.

Im talking about changing the things in our diet which is not hukam, like serving chocolates, yogurts ans milk chai in langer, and turning more sikhs vegan.

Look veganism is growing right now and bc of the envirmonetal impacts, governments will soon have to force people to go vegan, if the sikhs are already vegan its more promotion for us.

WJKK WJKF

Eating a vegan diet with high carbs may give you energy and a percentage of protein but no where near enough to build muscle and strength. The way you imply that meat eaters are fighting obesity and cancer is comical to. It's carbs what make you fat, not meat. This is due to the fact that if you don't use as many calories as you have eaten, the energy is stored by the body as fat. Veg is high on carbs and low on protein. Meat is low on carbs, high on protein. That's why many a vegetarian/vegan are fat because of to many carbs.

The mma fighter and especially the worlds strongest man are probably heavy duty pumped full of steroids even though they are vegan. You cannot put that much muscle on, in a vegan diet. It's just simple science. Mass yea, but not muscle. Mass and muscle are two different things.

I didn't mean by eating meat it will help you fight at all. What I meant was by having a balanced diet, the body is strong enough to fight. You can weight train all you want, but you won't get anywhere if your not eating right in terms of muscle gain and strength training. How many calories do you need to consume on a vegan diet to gain muscle? Because you need 1.5 grams of protein per Ib of body to build muscle.

Do you not eat for your taste buds? Do you not enjoy daal and have the extra roti? I eat meat and when I jhatka an animal. I consume it all. Yea I enjoy it, but I also enjoy eating daal too. When I jhatka an animal, I have to steady my emotion and jhatka with compassion. How do you think you would steady your emotion if it came to having to defend yourself from death by another person? If you have never experienced an emotion, it is very hard to try and feel it. Like how you feel when you lose a parent, brother or sister, you only know when you experience it.

Again, if your vegan be vegan. But don't tell me I should be a vegan. I won't tell you to be a meat eater either. There's benefits and disadvantages to both. If the governments tells me to be vegan, I will decline and carry on Hunting, practising how to use a rifle and how to use my kirpan.

The veg you consume is fertilised with the manure of animals too, from chickens to horses.

Actually food does help spirituality. Food does effect the brain, and causes consequences.. Learn about Sattvic/Rajas/Tamas guni foods, and how they effect our mind.

And I'm sure there are many vegans who are more stronger than the average omnivore.

WJKK WJKF

No, the average vegan isn't as strong as the person who eats a diet consisting of all food groups with a higher intake of protein.

Again, food helps your body and brain, like omega 3 from fish, protein from meat and iron from blood, calcium from milk and butter is now a better alternative than veg oils and full fat dairy like cheese, high quality fibre from veg and natural sugars and acids from fruit.

But no food has an affect on your soul. Only naam and your karma. Yes if you kill an animal cruelly it will affect your karma. The same as if you can't stop eating roti after roti with your favourite daal because it tastes so good.

Only naam can help you soul from the taints if karma, not daal, not meat, not dairy or any veg.

Please read sister:

ਮੁੰਦਾਵਣੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

Mundhaavanee Mehalaa 5 ||

Mundaavanee, Fifth Mehl:

ਥਾਲ ਵਿਚਿ ਤਿੰਨਿ ਵਸਤੂ ਪਈਓ ਸਤੁ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਵੀਚਾਰੋ ॥

Thhaal Vich Thinn Vasathoo Peeou Sath Santhokh Veechaaro ||

Upon this Plate, three things have been placed: Truth, Contentment and Contemplation.

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕਾ ਪਇਓ ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਸਭਸੁ ਅਧਾਰੋ ॥

Anmrith Naam Thaakur Kaa Paeiou Jis Kaa Sabhas Adhhaaro ||

The Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of our Lord and Master, has been placed upon it as well; it is the Support of all.

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਖਾਵੈ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਭੁੰਚੈ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਹੋਇ ਉਧਾਰੋ ॥

Jae Ko Khaavai Jae Ko Bhunchai This Kaa Hoe Oudhhaaro ||

One who eats it and enjoys it shall be saved.

ਏਹ ਵਸਤੁ ਤਜੀ ਨਹ ਜਾਈ ਨਿਤ ਨਿਤ ਰਖੁ ਉਰਿ ਧਾਰੋ ॥

Eaeh Vasath Thajee Neh Jaaee Nith Nith Rakh Our Dhhaaro ||

This thing can never be forsaken; keep this always and forever in your mind.

ਤਮ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਚਰਨ ਲਗਿ ਤਰੀਐ ਸਭੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਪਸਾਰੋ ॥੧॥

Tham Sansaar Charan Lag Thareeai Sabh Naanak Breham Pasaaro ||1||

The dark world-ocean is crossed over, by grasping the Feet of the Lord; O Nanak, it is all the extension of God. ||1||