Really Religious Parents

CharlieBravoTango

So my parents are really religious a long time ago when I was young they weren't religious, but they became religious since my dad got a job, but now my parents are really wacko religious. It's starting to annoy me a lot and I have to pray with them. What do I do? I don't want to cause an argument with my parents over this its just gone too far.

Brother Charlie,

you judging so harshly your parents, as wacko religious, is offensive.

Come on man, those who gave you life, took care of you when you as a baby were unable of anything...and they did all that with love and care, and today you have grown a bit, you are calling your parents, wacko religious?

That is not fair.

After Wahiguru, one´s parents are one´s best well wishers.

if it was me, and my parents wanted me to anything, I would do it before they told me anything.

You see, nothing in this world can ever pay anyhow, our parents love for us....and we abuse them with such harsh words?

No, no, that is not right.

If they say or tell you for path, it is because they know of you not being fully mature yet, and they want to put you in His hands, and you to strongly hold on Him, before they leave this world.

One can never ever imagine, what parents can feel for their children.

For example, I have a very good and close friend, who has got an 25 year old son, and he keeps repeating him, that even if the whole of sky was full with all the best sweets, even then for him, he was still sweeter, and then every day he keeps on hugging him a thousand times a day, kissing him ...and i do realize, what a child means for his parents, so as for me, what to do one path, even if they doubled it, I will not complain, but please them as much as possible, becasue they have no payable price.

They are not asking you any bad thing, on the contrary, according to the Bani, they want you to slowly and step by step learn to sit in His bhajan bandagee.

First with path, so that, then further on you maybe capable with His chintan dhyan.

Sat Sree Akal.

It takes some time to get used to any routine. The mind will resist and come up with all sorts of excuses especially when it comes to prayer.

Avar kachu mere sang na challe.

Nothing else will go with us to the next world. Naam simran is the only thing which we will be able to carry along with us.

Jithe kithe maenu lae shadhaye

Naam is the only thing which will set us free from all else.

Mangu dhaan thakur naam

Naam is a dhaan - our mind only starts to enjoy naam jap when we are given it by Guru ji as a dhaan.

Reciting some shabad during the day helps to keep the mind better attuned to naam jap later on. Naam jap does not have to be forced and painful. Think of it as a way of just sitting quietly with your parents and getting some peace.

Naam jap with other people and especially as a family has the greatest benefits.

Gurbani calls that time your most luckiest time when you get some time to do some naam jap.

A little adjustment to mental attitude will greatly help.

Lets hope you realise how lucky you are that in this day and age your parents want to sit down with you and pray. That is the greatest deed which anyone can perform according to gurbani.

Sant jana mil bholo Raam sab te utam nirmal kaam