Words Of Wisdom

harsharan000

AWAKENING..BEING DIVINE

1. Every thought we create, word and behaviour leaves an impression on the soul.

This is like a recording on a CD. We need to be aware of our recordings which are uncomfortable for us, or for those around us, and then start creating a new beautiful recording.

2. Situations may not be pleasant, people’s behaviour towards us may not be nice - the only choice we have is what thought we create in response to them.

Our thoughts and behaviours will become our recording and will influence our destiny in this birth and future births.

3. We sometimes create thoughts like – “they rejected me; they do not love me or respect me; I care for everyone but no one cares for me.

” These thoughts become our recording. We carry the same sanskar in the next birth and feel rejected even though situations and people are nice to us.

4. People’s behaviour towards us is a reflection of THEIR personality. If someone is abusive, critical, aggressive, manipulative - they are not insulting us; they are bringing their sanskar into action.

When we remember this, we will not get hurt and the recording we create will be of compassion, not pain and rejection.

ATTITUDE AND KARAM

1. Often we hear the line – “We choose our birth, our family members and all the situations that are going to come in our life to learn our lessons.” Choose does not mean we make a selection. If we could choose, we would never choose problems, disease or difficult relationships.

2. Choose our birth and destiny means when we performed our karmas in the previous lives, we chose the karma and thereby chose its consequence. Everything that is going to happen to us in this life is therefore chosen by us when we chose our karmas earlier.

3. When the consequences come to us in this birth, if we respond through the same negative sanskars like we did last time, it means the same sanskar will get re-enforced. We see same patterns of problems repeating in our life, it is because we are responding through the same sanskar.

4. ‘Learning our lessons’ means this time if we respond to the situation through a positive sanskar, then the similar pattern of problems in life will stop. Suppose we carry a sanskar of rejection, then we feel rejected in relationships till we learn our lesson, that means change the sanskar. Then we will not feel rejected irrespective of the other’s behaviour.

Higher Deeper Beyond...

Staying close to fire keeps you warm.

Walking through fresh breeze, you feel refreshed.

Being in running water you feel clean.

Stay long enough in a rose garden and you start smelling like a rose.

You inherit the traits of what you are connected to.

Similarly, when you are deeply connected to God, you feel purified. In your thoughts, in your feelings and in your consciousness, you feel so pure.

The drop of water falls into the ocean and becomes the ocean. 

You dissolve and you evolve. 

You disappear and God appears.

In all, by being deeply connected to God, experience after experience, you experience the Higher, Deeper and the Beyond dimensions of life.

Funny side of Swami Vivekananda.

When Swami Vivekanand was studying law at the University College, London, a white professor, whose last name was Peters, disliked him intensely.

One day, Mr. Peters was having lunch at the dining room when vivekananda came along with his tray and sat next to the professor.

The professor said, "Mr Vivekanand , you do not understand, *a pig and a bird do not sit together to eat.*"

Vivekanandji looked at him as a parent would a rude child and calmly replied, *"You do not worry professor. I'll fly away,"* and he went and sat at another table.

Mr. Peters, reddened with rage, decided to take revenge.

The next day in Class he posed the following question: "Mr.Vivekanand , if you were walking down the street and found a package, and within was a bag of wisdom and another bag with money, which one would you take ?"

Without hesitating, Vivekanandji responded, "The one with the money, of course."

Mr. Peters , smiling sarcastically said, "I, in your place, would have taken the wisdom."

Swami Vivekanand shrugged and responded, *"Each one takes what he doesn't have."*

Mr. Peters, by this time was fit to be tied. So great was his anger that he wrote on Swami Vivekanand's exam sheet the word "<banned word filter activated>" and gave it to Swami Vivekanand.
Vivekanandji took the exam sheet and sat down at his desk trying very hard to remain calm while he contemplated his next move.

A few minutes later, Swami Vivekanand got up, went to the professor and told him in a dignified polite tone, "Mr. Peters, *you signed the sheet*, but you did not give me the grade

Picking up a knife

If someone insults us according to our thinking, we usually dwell on it, asking ourselves, “Why did he say that to me?” and on and on.

Focusing on the problem, is like picking up a knife, and repeatedly stabbing ourselves with it, saying, “He hurt me so much. I can’t believe he did that.”

A nice message

A nice message on a  balloon, which was flying high in the sky.

It is not what is outside, but what is inside, that takes you up to the top.

Note:

In a similar way, it is not by what we do outside, but by catching within us hold of the  Shabad Guru, which alone takes us up and up, to His Abode.

Sat Sree Akal.

• 3 weeks later...

A Beautiful Thought

Silence, happiness, love, and blessings, lead to good health.

Illness is often caused when the body experiences the effect of the soul’s anger, greed, unfulfilled desires, expectations, suppression of feelings and relationships not based on true love.

When I look in my heart, I can know where my illness comes from.

There are three ingredients for a long and healthy life: live with attention , Awareness and without worry, use time in a worthwhile way, keep your thoughts pure, positive and filled with love.

This will create good health..

Goodness....

A 6 yr old boy was in the market with his 4 yr old sister. Suddenly the boy found that his sister was lagging behind.

He stopped and looked back. His sister was standing in front of a toy shop and was watching something with great interest.

The boy went back to her and asked, "Do you want something ?" The sister pointed at the doll. The boy held her hand and like a responsible elder brother, gave that doll to her. The sister was very very happy...

The shopkeeper was watching everything and getting amused to see the matured behaviour of the boy...

Now the boy came to the counter and asked the shopkeeper, "What is the cost of this doll, Sir !"

The shopkeeper was a cool man and had experienced the odds of life. So he asked the boy with a lot of love & affection, "Well, What can you pay ?"

The boy took out all the shells that he had collected from sea shore, from his pocket and gave them to the shopkeeper. The shopkeeper took the shells and started counting as if he were counting the currency. Then he looked at the boy.The boy asked him worriedly, "Is it less?"

The shopkeeper said," No,No... These are more than the cost. So I will return the remaining." Saying so,he kept only 4 shells with him and returned the remaining.

The boy, very happily kept those shells back in his pocket and went away with his sister.

A servant in that shop got very surprised watching all these. He asked his master, "Sir ! You gave away such a costly doll just for 4 shells ???"

The shopkeeper said with a smile, "Well, for us these are mere shells.
But for that boy, these shells are very precious. And at this age he does not understand what money is, but when he will grow up, he definitely will. And when he would remember that he purchased a doll with the Shells instead of Money, he will remember me and think that world is full of Good people.
It will help him develop a positive attitude and he too in turn will feel motivated to be good.