Words Of Wisdom

harsharan000

I think this text is very beautiful, very true .... !

Hardly the day started and ... it is already six o'clock in the evening.
Barely arrived on Monday and it's already Friday.
... and the month is already over.
... and the year is almost up.
... and already 40, 50 or 60 years of our lives have passed.
... and we realize that we lost our parents, friends.
and we realize that it is too late to go back ...
So ... Let's try, however, to take full advantage of the time we have left ...
Let's not stop looking for activities that we like ...
Let's put color in our greyness ...
Let's smile at the little things in life that put balm in our hearts.
And yet, we must continue to enjoy serenely the time that remains. Let's try to eliminate the "after" ...
I do it after ...
I will say after ...
I will think about it after ...
We leave everything for later as if "after" was ours.
Because what we do not understand is that:
after, the coffee cools ...
after, priorities change ...
after, the charm is broken ...
after, health passes ...
after, the children grow up ...
after, the parents get older ...
after, the promises are forgotten ...
after, the day becomes the night ...
after, life ends ...
And after that it's often too late ....
So ... leave nothing for later ...
Because always waiting for later, we can lose the best moments,
the best experiences,
the best friends,
the best family ...
The day is today ... The moment is now ...

We are no longer at the age where we can afford to postpone until tomorrow what needs to be done right away.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."

- Buddha

"In separateness lies the world's great misery, in compassion lies the world's true strength."

- Buddha

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

- Pablo Picasso

"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will."

- Epictetus

"Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You're able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgement."

- Ralph Marsto

Don't focus on making the right decision, focus on making the decision the right one."

- Unknown

"Most of the shadows of life are caused by standing in our own sunshine."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."

- Marcel Proust

"It is very easy to forgive others their mistakes; it takes more grit to forgive them for having witnessed your own."

- Jessamyn West

"Knowledge is a process of piling up facts; wisdom lies in their simplification."

- Martin Fischer

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

- Carl Jung

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

- André Gide

"Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness."

- Sophocles

"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness."

- Rumi

"If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand."

- Unknown

"To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly."

- Henri Bergson

"Bodily exercise, when compulsory, does no harm to the body; but knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind."

- Plato

A SMALL TRIBUTE TO A  MOTHER

This is a truly BEAUTIFUL piece please read this at a slow pace, digesting every word at leisure...do not hurry....this is a treasure...

For those lucky to still be blessed with your Mom, this is beautiful

For those of us who aren't, this is even more beautiful. For those who are moms, you'll love this.

The young Mother set her foot on the path of life. "Is this the long way?" she asked. 

And the Guide said:  "Yes, and the way is hard. And you will be old before you reach the end of it.

But the end will be better than the beginning." But the young Mother was happy, and she would not believe that anything could be better than these years. 

So she played with her children, and gathered flowers for them along the way, and bathed them in the clear streams; and the sun shone on them, and the young Mother cried,

"Nothing will ever be lovelier than this." 

Then the night came, and the storm, and the path was dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the mother drew them close and covered them with her mantle, and the children said, 

"Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and nothing can harm us."

And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the children climbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary. 

But at all times she said to the children," A little patience and we are there." So the children climbed, and when they reached the top they said,

"Mother, we would not have made it without you." 

And the Mother, when she lay down at night looked up at the stars and said,"This is a better day than the last, for my children have learned fortitude in the face of hardness. 

Yesterday I gave them courage. Today, I've given them strength." 

And the next day came strange clouds, which darkened the earth, clouds of war and hate and evil, and the children groped and stumbled, and the mother said: "Look up. Lift your eyes to the light."

And the children looked and saw above the clouds an everlasting glory, and it guided them beyond the darkness. And that night the Mother said,

"This is the best day of all, for I have shown my children God."

And the days went on, and the weeks and the months and the years, and the mother grew old and she was little and bent. 

But her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage. And when the way was rough, they lifted her, for she was as light as a feather; and at last they came to a hill, and beyond they could see a shining road and golden gates flung wide. 

And Mother said,"I have reached the end of my journey.

And now I know the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk alone, and their children after them."

And the children said, 

"You will always walk with us, Mother, even when you have gone through the gates." 

And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the gates closed after her.  And they said: 

"We cannot see her but she is with us still.

A Mother like ours is more than a memory.  She is a living presence......" Your Mother is always with you.... 

She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street; she's the smell of bleach in your freshly laundered socks; she's the cool hand on your brow when you're not well. 

Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallised in every teardrop.

She's the place you came from, your first home; and she's the map you follow with every step you take. 

She's your first love and your first heartbreak, and nothing on earth can separate you.Not time, not space... not even death!