Sarbloh Granth Ji And The Word Pistol

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/55713-the-word-pistol-is-siri-sarabloh-granth/

According to some people Sarbloh Granth Sahib is not written by Dasmesh Pita as it has word pistol in it.

But pistol existed during Guru Sahib Jee's time too.

A 17th century pistol can be seen at Maharaja Ranjit Singh War Museum in Ludhiana.

This museum is located on the road from Ludhiana to Phillaur.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/55713-the-word-pistol-is-siri-sarabloh-granth/

According to some people Sarbloh Granth Sahib is not written by Dasmesh Pita as it has word pistol in it.

But pistol existed during Guru Sahib Jee's time too.

A 17th century pistol can be seen at Maharaja Ranjit Singh War Museum in Ludhiana.

This museum is located on the road from Ludhiana to Phillaur.

Even if it existed back in the day, I very much doubt it was called 'pistol'. More then likely it would have been called 'benduk'.

Even if it existed back in the day, I very much doubt it was called 'pistol'. More then likely it would have been called 'benduk'.

WJKK WJKF

Nah because the etymology of the word "pistol" supports that guru sahib ji would have called it "pistol" and nothing else. The pistol was in use from around 1550 in Europe as a hand gun type, however much earlier than this date as a small hand canon.

So, it would have been called pistol due to maybe the British bringing it India.

Guest Jacfsing2

WJKK WJKF

Nah because the etymology of the word "pistol" supports that guru sahib ji would have called it "pistol" and nothing else. The pistol was in use from around 1550 in Europe as a hand gun type, however much earlier than this date as a small hand canon. So, it would have been called pistol due to maybe the British bringing it India.

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji never called a rifle a "rifle" from what I know; (since he's Antarjami he knows what it's called, but I'm sure he'd just call it something else).

WJKK WJKF

Nah because the etymology of the word "pistol" supports that guru sahib ji would have called it "pistol" and nothing else. The pistol was in use from around 1550 in Europe as a hand gun type, however much earlier than this date as a small hand canon.

So, it would have been called pistol due to maybe the British bringing it India.

Prove it