Nindak Missionary Dhunda At It Again

khalsaman1

Tying beards is anti Sikh. Really. Who told you this fairy tale?

Bigger threat than RSS??

Lol. Come out of your well man.

As several other posters have noted, I'm not alone "in the well".

As for the other comment, yes trying beards is anti-Sikh. As I stated, there are certain exceptions as one may be required to tie his beard due to his occupation.

However in general, there is no excuse for a Sikh to tie his beard. Tying beards is akin to being shamed that you have a long flowing beard.

dhunda_sangat.jpg?zoom=2&resize=620%2C33
Dhunda takes another U-Turn at Milpitas Sikh Temple in California

0 1,287 Views

Bay Area: Sarabjt Dhundha, a controversial missionary, delivered provocative sermons ridiculing Bani of Guru Gobind Singh and Sikh traditions for past several years. This finally resulted in massive protests during his California tour in April 2016.

Bhai Dhunda was scheduled to speak at AGPC Gurudwara sahib at Milpitas,CA for five days from April 17 to 21. There were peaceful protests against him and his hosts outside Gurudwara gate as protestors were barred from entering Gurudwara sahib by the police at the direction of Gurdwara committee.
Video Player

Finally, on April 20th, a meeting was arranged between Bhai Sarbjit Singh Dhundha and Panthic Singhs.

Bhai Dhundha’s arrived about three and half hours late for the meeting. While the meeting was originally scheduled to begin at 3:00 pm, it did not start till after 6:30 pm due to the delay in arrival of Bhai Dhunda. It was due to the time lost because of this delay in arrival, that several controversies raised by Bhai Dhunda and other issues could not be discussed and still remain pending.

IMG_3350-1.jpg?zoom=2&resize=300%2C225Sources have told Sikh Sangat News that one person accompanying Bhai Dhundha was attempting to disrupt the proceedings, leading to a further waste of time. He made many attempts to scuttle this meeting by raising irrelevant points. He continued to do this in spite of several warnings by moderators. It was because of the restraint exercised by the Panthic Singhs that the meeting continued. Dr. Harbhajan Singh was not allowed to speak freely (he spoke less than 10 mins in the meeting which lasted an hour) but the Sikh Sangat still kept their peace for that day and announced not to go with the protest. The meeting was adjourned when some people interrupted it, stating that Bhai Dhunda was scheduled to perform Katha in the main Darbar Hall.
Of the several issues which Bhai Dhunda has reportedly accepted the position of the Panth include:
  1. Accepting that the three Banis namely Jap Sahib, Tav Prasad Swaiye and Chaupai Sahib are indeed compositions of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib. These Banis are a part of the daily Nitnem of a Sikh and are also read during preparing Khande di Pahul by the Panj Piaray.
  2. He accepted that his using disrespectful language for the Sri Dasam Granth Sahib during a recent interview in Canada was due to a ‘slip of tongue’. He initially denied that he had used any derogatory language, but confessed upon seeing the video clip of that interview he had done in Canada. He was then asked to refrain being disrespectful to the Granth of the Tenth Master in future.
  3. He also accepted that it is a recommended practice for the Sikhs to do Nam Simran by repeating the Gurmantra at Amrit vela, as described in Sikh Rehat Maryada.
Points that still remain to be resolved include:
  • Bhai Dhundha’s remarks in regards to the Sarbat Khalsa held in Nov 2015. In one of the interviews he had mentioned that he, not only, did not consider it a Sarbat Khalsa but also stated that the 6-7 lakh individuals who participated in that historic meet was a crowd of people gathered from the roadside and they were not Sikhs but followers of Deredars and under influence of Radhasoamis. He still needs to apologize for these insulting remarks to soothe the feeling of the Sikhs
  • His continued sarcastic remarks against Sikh traditions and history which dates back to the period of the Guru Sahiban.
  • He needs to clarify his position about and continued close association with excommunicated persons like Darshan Singh Ragi and Inder Singh Ghagha etc.
Those members of the Sikh Sangat deserve to be thanked whose tireless protests against the controversial utterances of Bhai Dhunda compelled him to come to the table and accept the authenticity of three out of five Nitnem Banis as being composed by Guru Gobind Singh ji and the concept of Nam Simran as instructed by Guru Sahiban and enshrined in Sikh Rehat Maryada.

We as Sikhs should be forgiving.

However....

This clown has apologized multiple times for spewing garbage...yet he spews more and more garbage each and every time.

Apology not accepted.

If RSS told you not to believe Dasam bani you would would not pay heed.

To do this they (goi) first tried successfully bribe or buy people studied from the missionary college to drive Sikhs away from Dasam bani and amrit.

Darshan rogi was one of the few missionary parcharak who preached Chatrio-paakhiaan and Bachitar natak himself and was actually fully pro Dasam during 1980's and had a huge following.

Having been closely watched by agencies he was then approached by Rajiv Gandhi govt. He sold himself. He was gifted a petrol station in Ludhiana and later managed to settle him in Canada. From 1996 till now the missionary college Ludhiana is run by goi through sell outs.

They trick you to believe what they say because Sikhs became generally anti-establishment and would believe any conspiracy even if it does not make any sense.

Hope you got the gist.

I'm not arguing with you on any point you make there because...I'm not either on your side nor his. I choose a position once I hear the facts. I...indeed all of us....are being denied the opportunity to hear the facts.

But.....going back to what you just said, can you explain to me how and why it would be in the RSS (and indeed all right wing Hindu and Indian nationalists) to drive Sikhs away from certain scriptures that praise Hindu gods and is, in all essence, Hindu in nature ? Surely it would be in RSS's (and indeed all right wing Hindu and Indian nationislts) to ensure Sikhs cling on to an unbreakable tie with Hindusim ?

Any establishment would not like anyone to stand up against them. Dasam bani lifts the spirits and gives bir ras to whoever reads it. Breaking away Sikhs from Dasam bani would not have been easy in one go so they tried to attack bit by bit...

Like everyone else I don't know what his actual views (because we're denied the opportunity to hear it) but I would imagine he would agree with both you and me in the sense that Dasam Granth has some truly wonderfull features to it in terms of being a warrior...understanding weapons and the nature of weapons etc. I'm pretty sure however, that his only viewpoint is that it wasn't written by Sri Gobind Singh Ji. As a family unit, me, myself and wife read the scriptures daily to our kids and teach them of life from it. There are however, at least a few things from Dasam Granth that a parent could never repeat to his children and frankly would smack his or her children upside the head if they ever uttered such language and is indeed of a nature that cannot be repeated here on this forum where children visit and read. And I think (none of us know so we can only think and guess), perhaps, thats what this fella dhanda is trying to get at. Perhaps he is merely trying to ask how it is possible that Guru ji, who was most perfect, most moral, most upright, a master of poetry and verse, could have written something that would get each of us banned from this forum for being sexually vulgar if we ever repeated it or wrote it here. Isn't he entitled to ask that question and raise that point on an intellectual level ?

Didn't you see his video where he beats Jaap Sahib bani with Sticks?

Regarding Triya-Chritr, there's no vulgarity in it but stories which must be read in context they were written. They are important for any Kingdom to flourish.