Hmmm...5 Leaves For Shaheedi Degh - Marijuana Or Not?

ms514

Thanks.

I've never equated 'just' saintliness/bhagti with valour, Nihang or otherwise. If this was the case what was/is the need for training, we know for a fact not all Nihangs train in Shashtar Vidya just like 90% + of Amritdharis? If all our affairs are arranged simply with bhagti Guru Sahib could have on many occasions turned the Delhi Takhat on it's head without waging a single war.

Perhaps I get where you're coming from, weed giving that 'extra boost'. I used to do hard manual work and towards the end of the night, with a couple of beers, work seemed lighter and finished faster.I know people who have deceases like Parkinson who take weed to feel better.

However let's not kid ourselves, alcohol, cigarettes, weed....they are all intoxicants. They are not going to take you to a higher state of spiritual awareness. Instead they numb the mind.

In saying that, I believe weed and other drugs are far more dangerous then alcohol and cigarettes.

funny ...all I talked about was knowledge of symptoms and I get sarcastic/ foolish guys coming at me ...Naam japia kar ...

This coming from someone promoting use of weed. LOL!

Worse drug is haumai ...Guru ji da faisla ... it makes you forget Waheguru ji ....weed is dangerous for those with underlying mental issues nothing is safe even water

Can someone think of God after consuming weed?

Perhaps I get where you're coming from, weed giving that 'extra boost'. I used to do hard manual work and towards the end of the night, with a couple of beers, work seemed lighter and finished faster.I know people who have deceases like Parkinson who take weed to feel better.

However let's not kid ourselves, alcohol, cigarettes, weed....they are all intoxicants. They are not going to take you to a higher state of spiritual awareness. Instead they numb the mind.

In saying that, I believe weed and other drugs are far more dangerous then alcohol and cigarettes.

I'm no expert in what positives they derive from its use, just what I have heard and read and have no first hand experience, which is why when given the opportunity the next time I'm in Punjab I will ask them. Long term chronic use of cannabis in the incorrect dosage and on its own has been proven to destroy the neural pathways, question is, do the other ingredients alter the pharmacology of the drugs impact on the mind...something that requires further research.

This coming from someone promoting use of weed. LOL!

Can someone think of God after consuming weed?

honestly are you an ex-user because you seem so fixed on one thing alone ...naam jap and get some laha

if cannibis freaks you out Waheguru only knows what fantasy you will come up with if I told you I have prescribed snake venom from the Surukuku bushmaster snake of South America to save my father's leg from amputation because of MRSA infection ....BTW in the week while waiting for the surgery I managed to get him to the place where he only lost the chichi and neighbouring toe of that leg ...

Brother Tobacco was referred to by Guru Pita ji as jugat jhooth rubbish of the world ... and also alcohol is also spoken of in harsh terms where a person doesn't even recognise his own from a stranger. You can see how both have destroyed sikhi here and across the 'modern' world society...both are dangerous .

Brother Tobacco was referred to by Guru Pita ji as jugat jhooth rubbish of the world ... and also alcohol is also spoken of in harsh terms where a person doesn't even recognise his own from a stranger. You can see how both have destroyed sikhi here and across the 'modern' world society...both are dangerous .

Honest question, what did Guruji Maharaj say about cannabis?

honestly are you an ex-user because you seem so fixed on one thing alone ...naam jap and get some laha

if cannibis freaks you out Waheguru only knows what fantasy you will come up with if I told you I have prescribed snake venom from the Surukuku bushmaster snake of South America to save my father's leg from amputation because of MRSA infection ....BTW in the week while waiting for the surgery I managed to get him to the place where he only lost the chichi and neighbouring toe of that leg ...

Snake venom is in no way comparable to cannabis. Seriously, you cannot be this ignorant. People are not against weed simply because it's 'bizarre' like snake venom. It's because it's an intoxicant, just like alcohol and tobacco. I can't believe that I have to actually spell it out for you.

I'm not judging you on the use of cannabis. I myself drink so I'm in no position to judge others. However I can't believe the double standards here and the silly reason used ie it's 'medicinal'. LOL! There are a million studies out there that proves alcohol lowers heart disease. But I'm not going to go around taking the moral high ground on other intoxicants while touting mine as being 'medicinal'.

Secondly, IMHO, purely from a Sikh point of view, we are supposed to avoid all kinds of intoxicants in order to attain a higher level of spiritual awareness. It's just amazing how cannabis users like yourself try promoting it's use by peddling that bs about it being 'medicinal' comparing it to morphine use during operation in a hospital and now snake venom. You guys are definitely imaginative. LOL!!!!!!!! You're fooling nobody but yourself.

Everything is 'medicinal'. tumeric, onions, garlic....they're all medicinal. However one is has other usages while the other is purely to get high. I'm not against someone suffering from some desease using cannabis to help fight that desease, in a really genuine case. However you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't say A is fantastic, while B is just pure evil. Most countries around the world have a ban on cannabis and none on alcohol and tobacco, there is a reason for that. The propensity to become a druggie on weed is far, far higher then one becoming an alcoholic. Moreover alcoholics don't behave the same way as a drug addicts.

Listen, you illterate <banned word filter activated>: I've already stated how, in the past, my grandfathers and fathers before him regularly took opium in order to work the fields and ward off malaria. That doesn't mean I would be justified in following the 'tradition' of my family in this day and age. If I did....I would be a low down dirty filthy druggie scum just like you intoxicant supporting pretend sikhs. That was then and this is now......now there are medicines that do the job.

In the past, my Sikh forefathers pissed on each other's wounds when cut in battles. But that doesn't mean I can say it is my glorious tradition to piss on my fellow man. Now, there are antiseptics that do the job.

So......just what planet do you dirty druggie wasters live on where no pain-killer exists and only the cannabis drug will do the trick ? :wow:

Firstly, somebody needs a hug.....

Now, you keep parroting on about drug abuse, which is the crux of the issue. We are NOT talking about abuse, we are talking about use. What is wrong with using (emphasis on USE) a SMALL quantity of cannabis (5 leaves) for shaheedi degh (and I guess medicinal purposes)?