Hmmm...5 Leaves For Shaheedi Degh - Marijuana Or Not?

ms514

First thing is that I stopped training it for a good while. Then I'd also apply a hot and cold shower to the troubled area, meaning that I'd put it under hot water for a minute or two and then suddenly switch to cold for a minute or so, then back to hot and so forth. It seemed to help recovery. I can't remember where I picked that tip up from? I'd also gentle massage the area from time to time.

Then when I did start to train shoulders again, I started with the lightest weight possible. And stopped if the pain ever got 'weird'.

Thing is, when you are really young and train, you can sometimes be real stupid and just carry on training even though you are feeling some funky pains (some macho bull-ish), when you get a bit more wiser you start to realise that 'Hang on! That's actually my body trying to tell me something! I'd better listen!' lol

Now, if I feel that twinge of pain that signifies that injury is resurfacing (when training) I stop that exercise right there, and don't carry on with it, giving my shoulders a rest, whereas in the past I might have just carried on - like a right bewakoof. I usually go and do another exercise then.

Thanks. I've pulled a muscle a while back, which affects my shoulder area sometimes. I tried the heat to it which helped. But was told to put cold ice on it, but that made it worse. The gentle massage is a good idea. Sometimes it seems it's recovered, but then it will just resurface like you said out of the blue, but it isn't as bad as it was.

I was wondering whether it would be an idea to go to a chiropractor? One of my past work colleagues have a pinched nerve, I think m, but can't remember exactly. She tried everything but nothing worked, and she gave up work too. But somebody recommended a chiropracters to her and they sorted her out in 2 sessions. Any experience of them ?

Thanks. I've pulled a muscle a while back, which affects my shoulder area sometimes. I tried the heat to it which helped. But was told to put cold ice on it, but that made it worse. The gentle massage is a good idea. Sometimes it seems it's recovered, but then it will just resurface like you said out of the blue, but it isn't as bad as it was.

I was wondering whether it would be an idea to go to a chiropractor? One of my past work colleagues have a pinched nerve, I think m, but can't remember exactly. She tried everything but nothing worked, and she gave up work too. But somebody recommended a chiropracters to her and they sorted her out in 2 sessions. Any experience of them ?

I haven't but I had a relative that was referred to one because of back issues. Thing was, he was quite overweight then. It helped him a bit, but I think mostly in getting to understand his problem in biological terms because he found continuing the exercises he was given difficult.

His chiropractor told him he had a weak core. Now knowing this information we started training and concentrated on core (i.e. abs and the muscles on the lower back), but with different exercises to the ones the chiropractor suggested and his problem went away (he lost a lot of weight during this time too). I think some problems might arise from having certain supporting muscles being compromised in some way (lack of training them to be strong or injury or just natural weakness in that department) and these can cause problems to occur else where. Like my relative having a weak core mean that his general posture wasn't good and it was this that caused the back issues as a consequence. Once those supporting muscles were strengthened it seemed to sort him right out.

I'm having a slight issue with some tendon (I think it is?) that goes from my bicep to half way up my forearm right now. It means that I can't do certain exercises where I have to twist my arm in a certain way (that I could do not long ago), so what i'm doing now is using the lightest weight to exercise that very motion to try and slowly and gradually strengthen that area again.

Definitely go and see a chiropractor if you can get a referral - if for nothing else than to get a second opinion on the causes of the problem. If it is muscular, they will suggest exercises to target and strengthen any problem areas. Then you can find other exercises to target that area too and find ones that suit you.

3 key points when doing any kind of lifting in the gym. This will help to prevent injuries:

- Warm Up

- Correct Form

- Cool down

I haven't but I had a relative that was referred to one because of back issues. Thing was, he was quite overweight then. It helped him a bit, but I think mostly in getting to understand his problem in biological terms because he found continuing the exercises he was given difficult.

His chiropractor told him he had a weak core. Now knowing this information we started training and concentrated on core (i.e. abs and the muscles on the lower back), but with different exercises to the ones the chiropractor suggested and his problem went away (he lost a lot of weight during this time too). I think some problems might arise from having certain supporting muscles being compromised in some way (lack of training them to be strong or injury or just natural weakness in that department) and these can cause problems to occur else where. Like my relative having a weak core mean that his general posture wasn't good and it was this that caused the back issues as a consequence. Once those supporting muscles were strengthened it seemed to sort him right out.

I'm having a slight issue with some tendon (I think it is?) that goes from my bicep to half way up my forearm right now. It means that I can't do certain exercises where I have to twist my arm in a certain way (that I could do not long ago), so what i'm doing now is using the lightest weight to exercise that very motion to try and slowly and gradually strengthen that area again.

Definitely go and see a chiropractor if you can get a referral - if for nothing else than to get a second opinion on the causes of the problem. If it is muscular, they will suggest exercises to target and strengthen any problem areas. Then you can find other exercises to target that area too and find ones that suit you.

Thank you for reminding me about the posture. I forgot about that, I should get my literature out again. Yes I'm pushing for a referral and waiting to hear on it.

3 key points when doing any kind of lifting in the gym. This will help to prevent injuries:

- Warm Up

- Correct Form

- Cool down

Thank you for this, but I don't go to gym. It happened whilst I was waking up, tried to be superwoman and thought I could reach my mobile with me sleeping the other way ?? oops.