American Sikhs - Political Parties

I have created a quick online poll to take data on American Sikhs about what political party they are a part of. I would love for you to take part and answer so please take the poll here: http://www.riddle.com/a/61255. Remember once you click your answer it is your final response. If this poll is a success I will make one for other countries' political parties and even for current elections' candidates.

Thanks in advance!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

Guest Jacfsing2

That's awesome man! I'm not of age to vote yet but I love politics and I am a Libertarian so that's great. Who was it that you voted\will vote for?

Honestly after Ron Paul(from 2012), all the candidates are basically the same with a little drifts there and there. (We pretty much already live in Trump world where there is the NSA and Obama deporting more people than any president before him). This is what Gurbani says about the ideal place: "ਰਾਗੁ ਗਉੜੀ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਕੇ ਪਦੇ ਗਉੜੀ ਗੁਆਰੇਰੀ रागु गउड़ी रविदास जी के पदे गउड़ी गुआरेरी Rāg ga▫oṛī Raviḏās jī ke paḏe ga▫oṛī gu▫ārerī Raag Gauree, Padas Of Ravi Daas Jee, Gauree Gwaarayree:

ੴ ਸਤਿਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ੴ सतिनामु करता पुरखु गुरप्रसादि ॥ Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯnām karṯā purakẖ gurparsāḏ. One Universal Creator God. Truth Is The Name. Creative Being Personified. By Guru's Grace:

ਮੇਰੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਪੋਚ ਸੋਚ ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤੀ ॥ मेरी संगति पोच सोच दिनु राती ॥ Merī sangaṯ pocẖ socẖ ḏin rāṯī. The company I keep is wretched and low, and I am anxious day and night;

ਮੇਰਾ ਕਰਮੁ ਕੁਟਿਲਤਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਕੁਭਾਂਤੀ ॥੧॥ मेरा करमु कुटिलता जनमु कुभांती ॥१॥ Merā karam kutilṯā janam kubẖāʼnṯī. ||1|| my actions are crooked, and I am of lowly birth. ||1||

ਰਾਮ ਗੁਸਈਆ ਜੀਅ ਕੇ ਜੀਵਨਾ ॥ राम गुसईआ जीअ के जीवना ॥ Rām gus▫ī▫ā jī▫a ke jīvnā. O Lord, Master of the earth, Life of the soul,

ਮੋਹਿ ਨ ਬਿਸਾਰਹੁ ਮੈ ਜਨੁ ਤੇਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ मोहि न बिसारहु मै जनु तेरा ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ Mohi na bisārahu mai jan ṯerā. ||1|| rahā▫o. please do not forget me! I am Your humble servant. ||1||Pause||

ਮੇਰੀ ਹਰਹੁ ਬਿਪਤਿ ਜਨ ਕਰਹੁ ਸੁਭਾਈ ॥ मेरी हरहु बिपति जन करहु सुभाई ॥ Merī harahu bipaṯ jan karahu subẖā▫ī. Take away my pains, and bless Your humble servant with Your Sublime Love.

ਚਰਣ ਨ ਛਾਡਉ ਸਰੀਰ ਕਲ ਜਾਈ ॥੨॥ चरण न छाडउ सरीर कल जाई ॥२॥ Cẖaraṇ na cẖẖāda▫o sarīr kal jā▫ī. ||2|| I shall not leave Your Feet, even though my body may perish. ||2||

ਕਹੁ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਪਰਉ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਾਭਾ ॥ कहु रविदास परउ तेरी साभा ॥ Kaho Raviḏās para▫o ṯerī sābẖā. Says Ravi Daas, I seek the protection of Your Sanctuary;

ਬੇਗਿ ਮਿਲਹੁ ਜਨ ਕਰਿ ਨ ਬਿਲਾਂਬਾ ॥੩॥੧॥ बेगि मिलहु जन करि न बिलांबा ॥३॥१॥ Beg milhu jan kar na bilāʼnbā. ||3||1|| please, meet Your humble servant - do not delay! ||3||1||

ਬੇਗਮ ਪੁਰਾ ਸਹਰ ਕੋ ਨਾਉ ॥ बेगम पुरा सहर को नाउ ॥ Begam purā sahar ko nā▫o. Baygumpura, 'the city without sorrow', is the name of the town.

ਦੂਖੁ ਅੰਦੋਹੁ ਨਹੀ ਤਿਹਿ ਠਾਉ ॥ दूखु अंदोहु नही तिहि ठाउ ॥ Ḏūkẖ anḏohu nahī ṯihi ṯẖā▫o. There is no suffering or anxiety there.

ਨਾਂ ਤਸਵੀਸ ਖਿਰਾਜੁ ਨ ਮਾਲੁ ॥ नां तसवीस खिराजु न मालु ॥ Nāʼn ṯasvīs kẖirāj na māl. There are no troubles or taxes on commodities there.

ਖਉਫੁ ਨ ਖਤਾ ਨ ਤਰਸੁ ਜਵਾਲੁ ॥੧॥ खउफु न खता न तरसु जवालु ॥१॥ Kẖa▫uf na kẖaṯā na ṯaras javāl. ||1|| There is no fear, blemish or downfall there. ||1||

ਅਬ ਮੋਹਿ ਖੂਬ ਵਤਨ ਗਹ ਪਾਈ ॥ अब मोहि खूब वतन गह पाई ॥ Ab mohi kẖūb vaṯan gah pā▫ī. Now, I have found this most excellent city.

ਊਹਾਂ ਖੈਰਿ ਸਦਾ ਮੇਰੇ ਭਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ऊहां खैरि सदा मेरे भाई ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ Ūhāʼn kẖair saḏā mere bẖā▫ī. ||1|| rahā▫o. There is lasting peace and safety there, O Siblings of Destiny. ||1||Pause||

ਕਾਇਮੁ ਦਾਇਮੁ ਸਦਾ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੀ ॥ काइमु दाइमु सदा पातिसाही ॥ Kā▫im ḏā▫im saḏā pāṯisāhī. God's Kingdom is steady, stable and eternal.

ਦੋਮ ਨ ਸੇਮ ਏਕ ਸੋ ਆਹੀ ॥ दोम न सेम एक सो आही ॥ Ḏom na sem ek so āhī. There is no second or third status; all are equal there.

ਆਬਾਦਾਨੁ ਸਦਾ ਮਸਹੂਰ ॥ आबादानु सदा मसहूर ॥ Ābāḏān saḏā mashūr. That city is populous and eternally famous.

ਊਹਾਂ ਗਨੀ ਬਸਹਿ ਮਾਮੂਰ ॥੨॥ ऊहां गनी बसहि मामूर ॥२॥ Ūhāʼn ganī basėh māmūr. ||2|| Those who live there are wealthy and contented. ||2||

ਤਿਉ ਤਿਉ ਸੈਲ ਕਰਹਿ ਜਿਉ ਭਾਵੈ ॥ तिउ तिउ सैल करहि जिउ भावै ॥ Ŧi▫o ṯi▫o sail karahi ji▫o bẖāvai. They stroll about freely, just as they please.

ਮਹਰਮ ਮਹਲ ਨ ਕੋ ਅਟਕਾਵੈ ॥ महरम महल न को अटकावै ॥ Mahram mahal na ko atkāvai. They know the Mansion of the Lord's Presence, and no one blocks their way.

ਕਹਿ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਖਲਾਸ ਚਮਾਰਾ ॥ कहि रविदास खलास चमारा ॥ Kahi Raviḏās kẖalās cẖamārā. Says Ravi Daas, the emancipated shoe-maker:

ਜੋ ਹਮ ਸਹਰੀ ਸੁ ਮੀਤੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥੩॥੨॥ जो हम सहरी सु मीतु हमारा ॥३॥२॥ Jo ham sahrī so mīṯ hamārā. ||3||2|| whoever is a citizen there, is a friend of mine. ||3||2||" (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang 345).

Yeah Ron Paul was such a smart man, and Rand Paul was nothing like him, although of all of the Republicans he was certainly the most sensible.

And yes that shabad really does seem to talk of God's kingdom like a Libertarian paradise! Vaheguru! "No taxes or commodities". Wow!

There is a candidate I suggest checking out whose name is Austin Petersen, he is of the Libertarian Party and he is quite similiar to Ron Paul in ideologies.

Guest Jacfsing2

Yeah Ron Paul was such a smart man, and Rand Paul was nothing like him, although of all of the Republicans he was certainly the most sensible.

And yes that shabad really does seem to talk of God's kingdom like a Libertarian paradise! Vaheguru! "No taxes or commodities". Wow!

There is a candidate I suggest checking out whose name is Austin Petersen, he is of the Libertarian Party and he is quite similiar to Ron Paul in ideologies.

The Gurbani says no taxes ON commodities, not that there won't be commodities. (I'd assume when the Khalsa rules there will be Deg Tegh Fateh, which will allow everyone to eat without struggling). I can agree otherwise.