Proof Of 5 Patte Maryada Of Shaheedi Degh

it is sad that these loads of cannabis leaves are put in shaheedi degh which leads to nasha and loss of memory. Only small amount of leaves shud be put.

According to Khalsa Dharam shastar which has lots of knowledge about Guru Sahibaan as well as Guru Khalsa Panth(it has some weak points as with every other historical granth)

Guru Gobind Singh ordered to take intoxicants to remove sadness. The quantity of ‘Chhatar-dhara’ (opium) and ‘Sukhnidhaan’ was fixed.

it is sad that these loads of cannabis leaves are put in shaheedi degh which leads to nasha and loss of memory. Only small amount of leaves shud be put.

According to Khalsa Dharam shastar which has lots of knowledge about Guru Sahibaan as well as Guru Khalsa Panth(it has some weak points as with every other historical granth)

Guru Gobind Singh ordered to take intoxicants to remove sadness. The quantity of ‘Chhatar-dhara’ (opium) and ‘Sukhnidhaan’ was fixed.

Very interesting topic.

You should post the original text bro. Maybe scan or take a pic of the relevant text in the book and upload it.

Thanks for replying to my topic. I have great great great love for Nihang Singhs and hope they participate in my topics more and correct me more so that I can learn more.

I will try to find khalsa dharam shastar but ideally some singh who is associated with some Gursikh taksal type school(vidalaya) can read the granth and extract the exact text. It will take hours for me to find the exact text in the granth.

Veer jeeo, i have heard the term sukhnidhan from nihangs a lot, but havent heard the term 'chatar-dhara'. Can u give me more knowledge about this term.

Thanks

No offense but Dharam Shastar is skewed on some points which damns it's entire content. That said, however, there are other more reliable texts which ratify the 5 pate maryada among them being the Suraj Prakash Granth, Sri Gur Panth Prakash, Gurbilas series etc.

There are however certain segments of the panth whom for some strange reason seen to be hell bent on distorting and rewriting Khalsa Puratan history. Puratan Singhs were jhatka eating, sukha/cannabis using nihangs .... Get over it . The evidence is there from Puratan texts, oral history go and speak to the jathedars or elders within any Puratan samprada they will confirm this.

Agree with everything you've said, but I wonder whether certain segments is an understatement. It seems to me that the majority of Sikhs (particularly those who are unnafiliated, or members of less ancient jathas/sampardas) either refuse to acknowledge or seek to rewrite these historical truths.