Singhshaster

Is There Any Gurbani Which Describes The Shape Of The Earth?

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ

Does anyone know of any Gurbani which describes the shape of the world?

I know of the pankti in Sri Sukhmani Sahib which states the world has 4 corners

"nimukh mahi chaar kunt fir aave"

• Like 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Guru ji tells us in Japji Sahib ji:

ਤਿਥੈ ਖੰਡ ਮੰਡਲ ਵਰਭੰਡ ॥

तिथै खंड मंडल वरभंड ॥

Ŧithai kẖand mandal varbẖand.

In that realm there are continents, worlds and solar systems.

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਕਥੈ ਤ ਅੰਤ ਨ ਅੰਤ ॥

जे को कथै त अंत न अंत ॥

Je ko kathai ṯa anṯ na anṯ.

if some one tries to describe them, he should know that there are no limits or bounds of them.

ਤਿਥੈ ਲੋਅ ਲੋਅ ਆਕਾਰ ॥

तिथै लोअ लोअ आकार ॥

Ŧithai lo▫a lo▫a ākār.

There are universes upon universes and creations over creations.

ਜਿਵ ਜਿਵ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਤਿਵੈ ਤਿਵ ਕਾਰ ॥

जिव जिव हुकमु तिवै तिव कार ॥

Jiv jiv hukam ṯivai ṯiv kār.

As is the Master's mandate, so are their functions.

ਵੇਖੈ ਵਿਗਸੈ ਕਰਿ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥

वेखै विगसै करि वीचारु ॥

vekẖai vigsai kar vīcẖār.

The Lord beholds His creation and feels happy by contemplating over it.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਥਨਾ ਕਰੜਾ ਸਾਰੁ ॥੩੭॥

नानक कथना करड़ा सारु ॥३७॥

Nānak kathnā karṛā sār. ||37||

O Nanak! to describe the realm of truth is hard like iron.

SGGS ji Ang 8

?? Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji

• Like 4

Guest Jacfsing2

Aren't 4 corners the north/south/west/east directions?

I would assume the corners are a bit more complex than that, considering that from space it is a sphere.

Aren't 4 corners the north/south/west/east directions?

On a few Angs, "chare kunda" is translated as the directions. But I'm not sure about " nimukh mahi chaar kunt fir aave" in Sukhmani Sahib ji.

• Like 1

For the planets to revolve on their axis ( day and night / divas and raat) and revolve around the sun to have four seasons, they have to be round/gol logically.

They can't be flat.

Edited by WaljinderSingh

Extremely shocking how dumbed downed and fooled the average person is. You guys are going off doctored english translations and making up your own translations to fit the nasa globe model which is just a deception that you have all blindly accepted. You're trying to somehow align the religion of 'science' with the the ultimate truth  of Sikhi. Your not gonna get it. 

I suggest you ditch the brainwashing and learn to read gurmukhi and get the real arths of the words without trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. 

We live on a flat plane. The Sun and the Moon are lights that go around the Earth. The conflict is that people  have elevated 'science' to such a  supreme, untouchable  benchmark in their minds that they filter everything with that lens, which is what we are seeing in the above comments. People don't want to accept the truth if it challenges something so deeply ingrained within their minds

We live in an inverted world. Instead of questioning science, you want to question Sikhi and amalgamate it with lies?.

Your either gonna wake or stay sleeping. I'm out.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, superdupersingh said:

Extremely shocking how dumbed downed and fooled the average person is. You guys are going off doctored english translations and making up your own translations to fit the nasa globe model which is just a deception that you have all blindly accepted. You're trying to somehow align the religion of 'science' with the the ultimate truth  of Sikhi. Your not gonna get it. 

I suggest you ditch the brainwashing and learn to read gurmukhi and get the real arths of the words without trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. 

We live on a flat plane. The Sun and the Moon are lights that go around the Earth. The conflict is that people  have elevated 'science' to such a  supreme, untouchable  benchmark in their minds that they filter everything with that lens, which is what we are seeing in the above comments. People don't want to accept the truth if it challenges something so deeply ingrained within their minds

We live in an inverted world. Instead of questioning science, you want to question Sikhi and amalgamate it with lies?.

Your either gonna wake or stay sleeping. I'm out.

Can you provide Gurbani that says we live on a flat plane?

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
1 hour ago, superdupersingh said:

We live on a flat plane. The Sun and the Moon are lights that go around the Earth.

either you're trolling us all, or you have serious issues. either way, LOL

I don't know about Gurbani mentioning this ਧਰਤੀ being round, but we have simple science in baanis we read everyday.

For example, we have the tuk in Sohila Sahib:

ਵਿਸੁਏ ਚਸਿਆ ਘੜੀਆ ਪਹਰਾ ਥਿਤੀ ਵਾਰੀ ਮਾਹੁ ਹੋਆ ॥
ਸੂਰਜੁ ਏਕੋ ਰੁਤਿ ਅਨੇਕ ॥

Guru Sahib is telling us that time keeping and the seasons are based on the sun. For example, the year is defined by a complete revolution around the sun, and the seasons are determined by the tilt of the Earth's axis which causes less/more of the Suns's light to be applied, which causes seasons.

Flat Eathers are a joke, their conspiracies are full of inaccuracies and nonsense.

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2016 at 6:56 PM, Singhshaster said:

i would say, any shapes, and stuff about thousand lotus feet, is all describing the earth, in more ways than one, --- if youre looking for an exact answer, like guru saying the earth is round not flat, then youre looking in the wrong place.