Banners At Visakhi Mela Condemned - Khalid Mamood - Nihal To Debate On So Called Asian Network

I think we have to be very careful with the symbols and thoughts which we convey in open public. Khalistan is not every body's ideal. I even wonder if it is a Sikh idea. It is a political fight, best left to be used where people are fighting politically i.e. India. In a foreign country - we belong to a different political climate.

I wonder how a gun will help us - who are not even citizens of India - get Khalistan!!!!! We are not terrorists either.

Guest Jacfsing2

Birmingham Mail have probably run out of stories, but like what Daily Mail does. If the flag had shown a Khanda or something else, they wouldn't have done an article, but they've exaggerated it because of the symbol on it.

A Khanda has 4 shastars, (2 Kirpans, 1 Khanda, and 1 Chackram), this flag has 3 less shastars

A Khanda has 4 shastars, (2 Kirpans, 1 Khanda, and 1 Chackram), this flag has 3 less shastars

You are not getting the point Paji, It's because they are associating the the symbol on the flag with terrorism. A Khanda is normally a symbol used in Sikhi, whereas a gun is rarely seen or not at all. So they have took one flag and made it into a big story.