Who Is Responsible For The Hate Towards Dasam Granth?

Guest Jacfsing2

Guest Jacfsing2

I wanted to know why many manmukhs just started the hatred towards Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's bani? (What is it with these people?) Many Mahapurukhs from a variety of Jathas followed Guru Sahib to the end, and know many Pakhands are getting popular for denouncing Guru Sahib, when was that the direction people were going?

I wanted to know why many manmukhs just started the hatred towards Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's bani? (What is it with these people?) Many Mahapurukhs from a variety of Jathas followed Guru Sahib to the end, and know many Pakhands are getting popular for denouncing Guru Sahib, when was that the direction people were going?

Dasam bani nindaks have been around since baba Banda Singh jis time. Basically they are atheists. British bought some them to promote their anti-Dasam agenda so that Sikhs would not get the bir ras and become rebels. Same happened post 84.

I think the hate actually has its antecedents from the colonial period.

That's when you start getting the movement to distance SIkhs from anything remotely considered Hindu (which I think it would be more accurate to call Indic).

Prior to this, there was no problems with DG in the panth. Then after colonisation we get a different attitude towards the granth - 'it contains Hinduism', 'They are full of "erotic" tales', 'they deify Hindu devtays' etc. etc.

I think a part of the negative attitude towards Charitrio Pakyaan stems from the prudish, repressed Victorian attitudes towards sexual matters that seeped into our community whilst being colonised by these said people. By the time they had finished 'educating' us with their values, some of us began to feel that such tales could never come from dasmesh pita.

Totally agree

Are their any historical testements about the Ram Raiyas being against the Sri Dasam Granth? This is the first time i have heard of such a thing

The story is that, a Singh was reading Choupi Sahib and when the Ram Raiyas found out they physically beat him up. When Baba Banda Singh Babadur found out about this he could not tolerate this insult upon Guru Gobind Singh Jees Bani. He personally led his army and crushed the Ram Raiyas for this crime. This is also mentioned in Ganda Singh's book.