Who Is Responsible For The Hate Towards Dasam Granth?

Guest Jacfsing2

I would say unwillingness to answer each others questions ( both in favor and against ) to the point is the only reason for whatever hate is there for dasam granth sahib and calling each other RSS agents and stuff like this shows the inability to debate on the topic.

Firstly I'd like to say I don't have much knowledge about these sort of things, so forgive me as I am still young. If someone could educate me that would be really appreciated

At a local Gurdwara here in Canada, usually they have a stall and they had many books and gurbani gutkey. I don't usually go to this particular Gurdwara Sahib, but I have been going here recently again.

I noticed they also had what looked like Darshan Ragi's autobiography, and Kala Afghana's Bipran Ki Reet Ton Sach Da Marag. This really bothered me so I straight up questioned him as to why they have books whose Authors were excommunicated by the Akal Takht . I also said you should not be promoting books that insult the fundamentals of Sikhism such as Amrit Sanchar etc.

The guy at the stall was pretty kind and open though and he didn't seem to snap back at me (I guess he probably thought I was a young uneducated and naive dumala wearing Singh)

Ok so the next part here is just a quick summary of how I remembered he answered my question:

He explained that they were excommunicated by Joginder Vedanti for criticizing Gurbilas Patshahi 6ve , and how there was a huge arguement over that about a decade or so ago. He said katha of Gurbilas normally used to be done in Gurdwaras , and even he thought it was a good scripture, but then he said he realized there are very bad things said about Guru Sahibs. He claimed that a white Professor did a study of Gurbilas, and from her study she concluded that "Sikhs Are Bastards". He also went on to defend Kala afghana by saying he was only opposed to ritualism.

Then he argued that the Jathedar Of the Akaal Takht also gave saropey to General Dyer , the killer of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre. He argued Jathedars have also excommincated other sikhs before.

Throughout the whole conversation, He avoided real issues in the books (Dasam Granth, Amrit Sanchar etc) , rather he explained why they were excommunicated and other history. At the end I just said " Look , I don't have much knowledge on this stuff because I am young , but I will question someone if it bothers me. I will only argue when I gain enough knowledge on the subject".

Ill name the Gurdwara Sahib and the organization behind the book stall if anyone requests

Forgive me for my mistakes

Indian Agencies are working day and night to devise some mechanism which can break Sikhs from the Khande-Baate da Amrit Sanchar.

Out of the 5 banis read during the Amrit Sanchar, 3 come from Sri Dasam Granth Sahib.

If u break Sikhs from Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji, u also break them from Khande Baate da Amrit.

Indian Agencies are working day and night to devise some mechanism which can break Sikhs from the Khande-Baate da Amrit Sanchar.

Out of the 5 banis read during the Amrit Sanchar, 3 come from Sri Dasam Granth Sahib.

If u break Sikhs from Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji, u also break them from Khande Baate da Amrit.

We do most of the damage ourselves. I don't doubt Indian sources have lit the torch paper, but the rest is on us. It's time we took responsibility for our weaknesses.

Without Jaap Sahib, Svaiya, Chaupi Sahib, Amrit Sanchars cannot be conducted. And no Amrit Sanchars means no more Khalsa. That is why Panthpreet and Dhunda types are so dangerous for our panth. Respected Panthic Singhs should not befriend them nor give them a platform to address the Sangat.

We do most of the damage ourselves. I don't doubt Indian sources have lit the torch paper, but the rest is on us. It's time we took responsibility for our weaknesses.

Yes, we do lots of our own damage.

Just look at the way Panth treats the Nihang Singhs. Nihang Singhs are the jewel of Khalsa Panth and have preserved the complete Rehit of Dasmesh Pita. Khalsa Panth shud love and respect Nihang Singhs but the present day Panth hardly listens to Nihang Singhs.