Kaur's In Panj Piare Removed Forcefully In Toronto Sikh Day Parade

Could this not have been done before they set out? In the age of smartphones and immediate video uploads, how does this reflect favourably on us and our claims of parity when it comes to Sikh females? As for the rights and wrongs of having an all-female Panj I genuinely don't know how to approach the situation.

one there were six singhnian but they were not portraying themselves as panj piare as far as I could tell as they were walking six across two holding nishaan sahibs

and two committee vale kicked them out of the parade and then continued to harass them wherever they rejoined ...apparentely they took permission from panj to join the parade beforehand as they had done in years previous

here's the FB of the singhian involved :

https://www.facebook.com/akaal.khalsa.9

one there were six singhnian but they were not portraying themselves as panj piare as far as I could tell as they were walking six across two holding nishaan sahibs

here's the FB of the singhian involved :

https://www.facebook.com/akaal.khalsa.9

Nagar kirtan normally are led by Nishaanchi. As you said they aren't panj so that shouldn't have been a problem. As far I can see the Nishaanchi are behind the bibiya and behind them are the panj pyare who are in front of palaki sahib.

As I mentioned earlier, it's really messed up and not really good management 'at the end of the day'.

Nagar kirtan normally are led by Nishaanchi. As you said they aren't panj so that shouldn't have been a problem. As far I can see the Nishaanchi are behind the bibiya and behind them are the panj pyare who are in front of palaki sahib.

As I mentioned earlier, it's really messed up and not really good management 'at the end of the day'.

after reading people's accounts they had prior permission of Panj Piarey and the gurdwara committee agreed to honour then they played hard ball using police to move the girls out of the parade at the actual time. So the committee did not honour the Panj's wish