Sign in to follow this  
Balkaar

Is 'halal' Meat Really Halal?

As we know, from even a cursory reading of Islam through the works of it's best scholars, the Prophet Muhammad possessed no divinity and befuddled the Arab mindset with subverted and perverse logic. Owing to some local, and otherwise gullible, superstitions a majority of the bellicose illiterate Arabs commenced to address him as some sort of a religious figure and began following his wants. Muhammad had realized that if his incredulous bunch of misfits could be welded together, than maybe there was a chance for him to enjoy perennial prowess. Acting in the latter vein, he begin to manifest or formalize aspects of a so-called "new faith" point by point. Realizing that he was at times shooting himself in the foot, he commenced stating that Allah retained the prerogative to abrogate what he had revealed in the past. A typical Muslim will contend, "well a perfect God can change his words.." yet the fact that this God is supposed to be higher than humans but can commit the same errors as them obfuscates this notion. A perfect God would substantiate his divinity through a perpetual stand i.e. not abrogating or changing his perceptions/words. This will prove that he indeed is worthy of worship by otherwise fickle minded humans. Halal was Muhammad's emulation of Kosher. All systems advocating stratification (Caste, Semitic faiths etc.) divide adherents and non-adherents on many superficial basis. The most extreme mode of this division is food, where the foodstuff of another is utterly toxic because he/she does not subscribe to your faith. Is Halal viable? The below article is based on a recent study (2012) conducted in New-Zealand where it was found that the ECG-EEG method which Muslims employ to defend Halal is in fact faulty and riddled with loopholes. Of course the adherents of Islam will argue otherwise...

http://www.natalt.org/2012/03/29/animal-cruelty-and-kosherhalal-slaughter/

• Like 2

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's a business tactic to win Muslim customers, Muslims are a huge percentage of the population, (and the fact that most of Europe has some love-hate relationship with them). Halal is basically killing an animal from the neck-up, (jhatka is from the neck-down), so these "Halal" groups got a check for no Daya.

No, halal is the slow method of killing the animal, jhatka is one swift move to kill the animal instantly.

I tend to find, most of the sikhs who eat dirty halal meat,are the new arrival freshys, who say they havnt heard of halal back in panjab/haryana. If u say to them its 'kuttha maas' then they may understand. But they seem completely oblivious to the fact that we cannot eat halal/kosher.

If they don't follow the Sikh dhari kesh rehat then why would it matter not to eat halal. The animal is dead regardless.

Guest Jacfsing2

No, halal is the slow method of killing the animal, jhatka is one swift move to kill the animal instantly.

If you use a gun or other firearms, is it Jhatka or Halal?

I find it strange that fish are considered halal , when they die suffocating in nets

I find it strange that fish are considered halal , when they die suffocating in nets

It is one of the many inconsistancies of Islam

• Like 2

It is one of the many inconsistancies of Islam

Can fish really be jhatka either?

Edited by Balkaar

unless you have a fishing pole and do it straight away after hooking I really cannot see it ...

Edited by jkvlondon

depends if the kalma was read over the bullet and whether the bullet was large enough to cleanly decapitate the creature after reading Chandi Dhi Vaar...sorry ignore me gotta laugh.

• Like 1

I imagine it would be quite tricky to get a fish to lay still before doing jhatka. It would be flipping and squirming all over the place.

And now I can't stop laughing as I imagine a Singh trying to hold onto a fish in order to perform jhatka.

I imagine it would be quite tricky to get a fish to lay still before doing jhatka. It would be flipping and squirming all over the place.

And now I can't stop laughing as I imagine a Singh trying to hold onto a fish in order to perform jhatka.

I must admit to grinning like anybody's business when I posted too ... it has now changed to giggling ....

• Like 1

It's not halal obviously, could be jhatka as long as it died quickly