Google Earth Pro, Darbar Sahib

Was browsing Google Earth this morning and was surprised to see their cameras have been inside not only the whole parkarma but the Darbar as well. Actually amazing, it's the closest you'll get to having Darshan from home!

Usually when I go, the paid Sevadars stop me and others from taking photos which is understandable as it can break the concentration of the Sangat and it prevents some professionals making money from publishing the pics. Strangely Google have been allowed to film inside during the Ardaas. Wonder if they slipped a few rupees to Badal beforehand..

Guest Jacfsing2

Was browsing Google Earth this morning and was surprised to see their cameras have been inside not only the whole parkarma but the Darbar as well. Actually amazing, it's the closest you'll get to having Darshan from home!

Usually when I go, the paid Sevadars stop me and others from taking photos which is understandable as it can break the concentration of the Sangat and it prevents some professionals making money from publishing the pics. Strangely Google have been allowed to film inside during the Ardaas. Wonder if they slipped a few rupees to Badal beforehand..

I'm sure in the near future Google Earth would just have pictures inside people's homes, (it's a satellite).

Downloaded it, will have a look thanks ji.

Wow that is quite amazing. I can see where I sat on my visit. Lovely ?