Original Colours Of Khalsa

I just didn't know why OP would ask the question, it's not about the Kaschera color, but most likely people won't check whether your wearing the right Kaschera.

I think if someone is trying to check if you're wearing the right kashera, you should remain extremely vigilant and ready for anything......

• 3 weeks later...

you can wear any colour ! If Gurbani tells as that Vaheguru is in all colours and none, then how can a man made rule be made that Khalsa can only wear certain colours?

you can wear any colour ! If Gurbani tells as that Vaheguru is in all colours and none, then how can a man made rule be made that Khalsa can only wear certain colours?

Its manmat to say you can wear any colour, especially if its your own thought and you havent reseached to make sure your claims are valid.

Neela was and is the colour of the Khalsa. As mentioned in Bhai Daya Singh Rehitnama (First of the Panj Pyare) and in Salok Dumalle Da.

there are tons of historical references to Neela

I have an answer on the black kashera issue. While my reply to this post will surely draw some eye-rolls from non-believers, I'm posting the following for people who have some spirituality in them. If you are an atheist or don't practice nam simran, don't bother reading my post.

A know a highly spiritual Gursikh who has been summoned to this earth to help Gursikh families that fall prey to black magic attacks. This Gursikh does not have a dera or anything of the sort. He is a simple farmer living a modest life in the pind.

Anyway, he once told me a story of a pandit putting a spell on an individual. The individual was actually Amritdhari. The Gursikh did sehaj path and ardas for the Amritdhari. The Amritdhari was eventually cured of the spell as bani destroyed the evil. I asked the Gursikh how it was possible for an Amritdhari to be effected by this sort of magic? Doesn't gurbani trump all?

The problem was that this Amritdhari didn't always do his nitnem and thus was susceptible to this sort of black magic. As you may know, those that are engulfed in gurbani cannot be touched by these sorts of things. However, the Gursikh also gave me this bit of into...

He said that if the Amritdhari was wearing a black kashera, the impact would have been minimal. I questioned the Gursikh as how was this relevant at all?

The Gursikh explained to me that when bad people use occult powers, the easiest place to attack someone is via the mind or genital regions. The Amritdhari could not be attacked via the mind because he had taken Khande ki pahul but he was attacked via the genital regions.

I just didn't know why OP would ask the question, it's not about the Kaschera color, but most likely people won't check whether your wearing the right Kaschera.

Recently there was an issue where there were puctures on instagram of UK Nihang Singhs wearing shoes while holding Nishan Sahibs. And some people also said it isnt maryada to wear blue kasheras as well , and that got me confused

Recently there was an issue where there were puctures on instagram of UK Nihang Singhs wearing shoes while holding Nishan Sahibs. And some people also said it isnt maryada to wear blue kasheras as well , and that got me confused

Wearing shoes is understandable in UK as you need to be tyar bar tyar in case it kicks off.

The neela kashera was worn over a white one. its simple really. black isnt camouflage at night as you can still see a silhouette but neela completely blends you into the darkness.

The Nihang Singhs were famous for the midnight ambushes and raids. it wouldnt be much of an ambush if you can see a load of white kachereh walking towards you.

• 5 weeks later...

According to the rehatnama of Bhai Daya Singh (http://sarbattkhalsa.weebly.com/bhai-daya-singh-ji-rehatnama.html):

ਸੋ ਅਕਾਲੀ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ ਨੀਲ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਧਹਿਰਾਇ Thus is the Akaalis form, he wears blue clothes.

ਜਪੇ ਜਾਪ ਗੁਰਬਰ ਅਕਾਲ ਸਰਬਲੋਹ ਪਹਿਰਾਇ | Contemplating the Gurbar Akaal, keeping of iron weapons.

ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਕਰਦ ਛੱਲਾਦਿ He keeps all iron chakars (discs) and karads (daggers)

ਬੀਧੇ ਕਾਨ ਨਾ ਨਾਕ ਕੋ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਮ੍ਰਿਜਾਦ | Do not pierce the ears or nose, this is the Satgurus wish

ਪੰਜ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਧਰ ਦੇਹ ਪੈ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ਗਾਤਰੇ ਰਾਖ Wearing 5 weapons on the body, keeping a sword in the gatra.

ਕਰਦ ਭੇਟ ਬਿਨ ਪਾਨ ਨਹ‌ਿ ਅਕਾਲ ਭਾਵ ਸਤ ਭਾਖ | Without the dagger touching the food, he does not eat, he contemplates Akaal (the immortal) or Sat (the truth).

ਸੁਰ੍ਮਾਦਿਕ ਸ਼ਿੰਗਾਰ ਨਹ‌ਿ ਨਹ‌ਿ ਪਰ ਤਰੁਨੀ ਸੰਗ All forms of makeup and the relationship with anothers wife, he forsakes.

ਯਥਾਰਥ ਇਸਤਰੀ ਤ੍ਯਾਗ ਨਹ‌ਿੰ ਗੁਰ੍ਕੋ ਧਿਆਨ ਅਭੰਗ | He does not forsake woman altogether (his own wife), always remaining focused on the Guru.

ਪਾਤਰ ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਕੇ ਭੁਗਤੇ ਅਸਨ ਸੁਆਦ In dishes of all iron he should eat with pleasure.

ਲੱਕੜੀ ਕੋ ਭੋਜਨ ਭਖੇ ਨੀਲ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਰਜਾਦ | He cooks his food with fire wood, wearing blue clothes is the tradition.

ਕਛ ਸ੍ਵੇਤ ਔ ਨੀਲ ਪਟ ਜਪ ਅਰ ਜਾਪੁ ਉਚਾਰ **White kachhera**, blue clothes, he recites Jap Ji Sahib and Jaap Sahib.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਕਾਲ ਉਸਤਤ ਕਰੇ ਚੰਡੀ ਕੰਠ ਸੁਧਾਰ | Recite Sri Akaal Ustat, memorise Chandi Di Vaar.

ਰੋਮ ਬਸੰ ਤਨ ਮੈਂ ਕ੍ਰਿਯਾ ਪਿੰਡ ਕਰਮ ਕੋ ਤ੍ਯਾਗ | The hair resides on the body, forsake cutting it.

ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਮੈਂ ਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਕਰ ਪੰਚ ਜਨਨ ਤੇ ਭਾਗ | Have love for the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, run from the 5 vices (Lust, Anger, Greed, Attachment, and Ego).

ਮੜ੍ਹੀ ਦੇਵ ਗੋਰਲ ਤਜੈ ਔਰ ਨ ਪੰਥ ਪੁਜਵਾਇ Memorials, Hindu temples, graves he forsakes. Do not worship another path.

ਕਰੇ ਕੇਸ ਕੋ ਕਲਪ ਨਾ ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਦੈ ਤ੍ਯਾਗ He does not colour his hair, forsake lust and anger.

ਜੁਧ ਕਰੇ ਤ ਸੋਨਹਾਰ ਦੀਨ ਪ੍ਰਤਗਿਯਾ ਲਾਗ | Waging war by placing faith in his religion, he shall be successful.

ਕਛ ਅਢਾਈ ਗਜ ਮਾਨ ਸਾਫਾ ਭੀ ਤੁਲ ਤਾਸ The Kachhera should be 2 and 1/2 Gaj. Keep a waist belt (safa/kamar kassa).

ਤੀਨ ਕਾਲ ਮੇਂ ਨਾਮ ਜਪ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਕੱਟ ਫਾਸ | All times meditate on the naam, the noose of transmigration will be cut.

ਊਚਾ ਬੁੰਗਾ ਜੋ ਸਜੈ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਹੰਗ ਸੁਜਾਨ He who wears the tall turban (Ucha Boonga), know him as a Nihang

ਕਰਮ ਅਕਾਲੀ ਸਮ ਕਰੇ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਸਿਖ ਧਰ ਕਾਨ | He does the actions on an Akaali, Listen O Sikhs with your ears.

ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਤਨ ਮੈਂ ਧਾਰੇ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਯਾਨ ਤੇ ਤੇਗ ਹਾਥ ਮੈਂ ਰਾਖੈ He keeps the weapons on his body. Without a sheath, he keeps the sword in hand.

ਭੇਸ ਸ਼ਤਰੂ ਕਾਰਨ ਕਰੇ ਮਰਨ ਜਨਮ ਕਾ ਭੈ ਨ ਹੋਇ | He dresses in this way for his enemies, he has no fear of transmigration.

ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ਸੀਸ ਪੈ ਰਾਖ ਕੈ ਬੁੰਗਾ ਊਚਾ ਧਾਰ He keeps a kirpan on his head, wearing a tall turban (daggers tied within the turban).

ਧਰੀ ਸੁ ਕਲਗੀ ਪੰਥ ਸਿਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹੋਇ ਦਯਾਰ | Placing the crown on the Panths head, is the Satgurus charity.

ਲੋਹ ਪਾਤਰ ਮੈਂ ਛਕੈ ਨੀਲ ਪੀਤ ਧਾਰੇ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ He eats out of all iron dishes, wearing clothes of blue and yellow.

ਭੂਸ਼ਨ ਲੋਹ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਕੋੱਟ ਗੰਗਾ ਸਮ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਸਮਝੇ Equal to a million Ganges rivers, does he consider Amritsar (Amrit Sarovar, the pool of nector).

ਫੌਜ ਮੁਸੱਦੀ ਵਜ਼ੀਰ ਦੀਵਾਨ ਸਭ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਰਖਣੇ ਧਰਮ ਬਢੈਗਾ | The Armies, Advisors, Courtiers should all be Khalsa, the religion will increase.

ਭੇਟ ਕਰਦ ਬਿਨ ਨਹਿ ਭਖੈ ਤਯਾਗੀ ਨਾ ਗ੍ਰਹਨਾਇ Without touching the dagger to his food he will not eat. Do not abandon the home.

ਬਿਨ ਬਿਵਾਹੀ ਨ ਸੇਜ ਰਮ ਤਿਸ ਸਦ ਧਰਮ ਸਹਾਇ | Without marriage, he does not take a women to bed. To her he shall always be faithful.

ਫੂਕ ਨ ਬੂਈਏ ਦੀਨ ਕੌ ਗੁਰ ਸੋ ਕਪੱਟ ਨ ਕੀਨ With his breathe he does not put out a light. Never be deceitful to the Guru.

ਅਗਨਿ ਨਾ ਬੁਝਈ ਜੂਠ ਜਲ ਤੋ ਸੁਖ ਜਗ ਮੈ ਲੀਨ | Do not put out a fire with previously used water (jootha water), thus get comfort in this.

ਵੈਸਾਖੀ ਦੀਪਮਾਲਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਕਰੇ ਹੋਲਾ ਅਨੰਦਪੁਰ ਕਰੇ On Vaisakhi he lights the light at Amritsar, celebrate Hola (Mohalla) at Anandpur.

ਅਬਚਲ ਨਗਰ ਜਾਇ ਕੁਲ ਸੰਬੂਹ ਤਰੇ | His lineage will be saved by visiting Abchal Nagar (Sri Hazoor Sahib).

ਰਹਿਤ ਰਹਤ ਸਮ ਸਿਖ ਜੋ ਸੋ ਮੇਰੋ ਰੂਪਾਇ He who lives according the the code of conduct is my very form.

ਵਾ ਮੈ ਮੋ ਮੈਂ ਭੇਦ ਨਹਿ ਮਮ ਸਰੂਪ ਹੁਇ ਜਾਇ | Between him and myself, there is no difference. He has become my form.

-

Now, I'm not sure the actual reason behind this, why it must be white. (This may help: https://www.3ho.org/3ho-lifestyle/daily-routine/wearing-white) But Guru Sahib does give the hukam of wearing blue clothing, a tall blue turban, and a white kachera, and no other colour than that. This discipline is only neccesary for amritdhari sikhs, as it is the khalsa roop.

Colors are as much related to God as are certain days, numbers, time and astrology. You just cant choose to believe one superstition and make fun of rest.

Koi Bole Ram Ram, Koi Khudaaye
Koi Sevai Gusaiyan, Koi Allahe

Kaaran Karan Kareem,
Kirpaa Dhaar Raheem

Koi Nahavai Teerath, Koi Hajj Jaaye
Koi Karaiy Pooja, Koi Sir Nivaaye

Koi Padhe Bed, Koi Kateb.
Koi Odhai Neel Koi Supaid

Koi Kahe Turq Koi Kahe Hindu.
Koi Baachhai Bhist, Koi Surgindu

Kaho Naanak Jin Hukam Pachhaata.
Prabh Sahib Ka Tin Bhed Jaata.