Faith In God

Guest Guest

Guest Satwinder Singh

There are no coincidences, it is God himself who keeps you in His care, he can change it at any moment and have u murdered, but he has given you the gift of being relatively safe thus far. Our problem is that we take his love for us for granted. If he decided for there to be a war in the UK or America and for millions to die, he could do in an instant.

Sorry Jee,

The things you mention, quoted in black and underlined of your post above, are more likely to be done by shaitaan, or call it mind.... if you so want.

But never ever by my beloved Wahiguru Akal Purukh. My palanhaar, Preetam Wahiguru, just wants us to go back safe to Him, so please let us stop blaming Him for ours/others shortcomings.

It is a heartless harsh sin to do so.

Wahiguru.

All great advise in above posts, mine would be bit unconventional in that sense. I would say if you can... have a pet dog, use his loyalty/faith/unconditional love shown towards the master(in this case you) every day- as constant reminder of your loyalty/faith towards Vahiguru. If you are open and receptive towards life, many times pet can give us practical/ direct experience/example/relations of unconditional love, faith, loyalty than humans. I believe in gurbani, dog example is given as metaphor for its loyalty, obedience, unconditional love and faith.

ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਜਰਾ ਰੋਗੁ ਨਹੀ ਆਇਆ ॥

जब लगु जरा रोगु नही आइआ ॥

Jab lag jarā rog nahī ā▫i▫ā.

So long as the disease of old age has not come,

ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਕਾਲਿ ਗ੍ਰਸੀ ਨਹੀ ਕਾਇਆ ॥

जब लगु कालि ग्रसी नही काइआ ॥

Jab lag kāl garsī nahī kā▫i▫ā.

so long as death has not seized thy body,

ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਬਿਕਲ ਭਈ ਨਹੀ ਬਾਨੀ ॥

जब लगु बिकल भई नही बानी ॥

Jab lag bikal bẖa▫ī nahī bānī.

and so long as thy speech has grown not powerless,

ਭਜਿ ਲੇਹਿ ਰੇ ਮਨ ਸਾਰਿਗਪਾਨੀ ॥੨॥

भजि लेहि रे मन सारिगपानी ॥२॥

Bẖaj lehi re man sārigpānī. ||2||

O man, contemplate thou on the world-Lord.

ਅਬ ਨ ਭਜਸਿ ਭਜਸਿ ਕਬ ਭਾਈ ॥

अब न भजसि भजसि कब भाई ॥

Ab na bẖajas bẖajas kab bẖā▫ī.

If thou remember not God, now, when shall thou remember Him, O brother?

ਆਵੈ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਭਜਿਆ ਜਾਈ ॥

आवै अंतु न भजिआ जाई ॥

Āvai anṯ na bẖaji▫ā jā▫ī.

When the end comes, He can be remembered not.

ਜੋ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਰਹਿ ਸੋਈ ਅਬ ਸਾਰੁ ॥

जो किछु करहि सोई अब सारु ॥

Jo kicẖẖ karahi so▫ī ab sār.

Whatever thou has to do, now is the time for that.

ਫਿਰਿ ਪਛੁਤਾਹੁ ਨ ਪਾਵਹੁ ਪਾਰੁ ॥੩॥

फिरि पछुताहु न पावहु पारु ॥३॥

Fir pathuṯāhu na pāvhu pār. ||3||

Otherwise thou shall not be ferried across, and shall repent afterwards.

SGGS ji Ang 1159

?? Dhan Bhagat Kabir ji

?? Waheguru forgive me of my sins

Guest God

Aasaa, First Mehl:

Having attacked Khuraasaan, Baabar terrified Hindustan.

The Creator Himself does not take the blame, but has sent the Mugal as the messenger of death.

There was so much slaughter that the people screamed. Didn't You feel compassion, Lord? ||1||

This says that God sent Baabaar as the messenger of Death.

Truth, which is what God realised himself and the entire universe to be, works to the law of karma.

Gurbani tells us time and time again that God is the creation but is also detached from the face of the khel.

Karma saw that the mughul emporer needed to be sent and it sent him. It sounds harsh but every single circumstance is deserved to us. We may not know why, but God knows there's always a good reason.

Pain is paying off bad karma. We can either react to it the way we should,recognising it as God/ Truth and accepting, or to react in anger,the 5 thieves, causing more negative karams.

Gurbani also says that everything everyone and every place is God/Truth. Hence Satan is God dressed up as the devil. It may sound controversial to u, but that's what Gurbani teaches.

If u mess up, you can be sure he'll pay u a visit, as per karma and that its deserved to you.

I am starting to lose faith in God. Like is there even a god? I mean there must be but then I think maybe not. This is messing with my head. I am also losing faith in Sikhi sadly, I believe it is because I don't have that love like some people have. I have been wanting to love Waheguru like a lot of people have but I don't have that connection, what do I do?

Sorry if I have said something wrong

Sikhi is not like other religions. It does not rest on belief only, for example sikhi does not say believe in this prophet or believe that God exists and u will be saved. Sikhi is about experience, seeking, and discipline to get to salvation. Just believing in God is not enough, you must meet him, find him, experience him. Of course to do this one must believe he exists. One way to find out about God is through the guru: if u can admire, love, and believe in guru then u know god exists. Cause guru says he does. I went through a rough time and started questioning everything but i could not deny god.cuz i had proof. When i asked my guru a question it was answered through the hukamnama. Try it, ask guruji ur questions and take a hukamnama. When i prayed for things with desperation, i have received. When i have felt sad and depressed, i have been consoled and comforted by gurbani and given ultimate peace. So i cant deny god, i have experienced that a greater power exists. However I do sometimes wonder if he cares enough or if i matter, usually when things get rough.

About loving waheguru, some ppl have said how can u love someone u know nothing about? So learn about the personality and being and form of waheguru through gurbani, katha, through the stories of bhagats and our gurus, who have known god.

Also read bhai vir singhs books and losten to audiobooks especially pyare jio. Its online free. He talks about this alot, i like his concept on how to do simran and have faith.First ask does waheguru exist? he says to say with. Full coviction waheguru exists "waheguru hai" then question "wat is he like?" He says smile ur biggest and feel happy then mentally say waheguru is peace giver , gifter of happiness "waheguru sukh data hai" Then ask where is he located? Think: he is everywhere around me, he is here now. In fact he is the one causing me to remember him and blessing me with joy "waheguru tera shukar hai. You the greatest of all, creator of universes n black holes, are thinking of me. Giving me the bliss of ur remembrance/ur name."

I butchered it. Bhai vir singh explains it much better.

Waheguru hai.

Waheguru sukhdatha hai

Waheguru tera shukar hai, tusi mainu yaad kita