Bhai Mani Singh Did Parkash Of 1698 Dasam Granth Bir At Akal Takht!

True, but why should the Nihangs have ignored the henious actions of the mahants in not allowing the low-castes in?

It was going on for years. There is no excuse. This is where the Nihangs laid the seed for their own removal from Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

Yes it does, and not it doesn't.

If there is something wrong in any Gurdwara, it is the duty of a Sikh to correct that wrong. The Nihangs were ignoring it, so someone had to step up.

The Singh Sabha were very wrong to alter/shorten the banis.

Something I came across:

'It has been alleged that the Nihungs were in league with the Mahants otherwise why did they, in their stead as custodians of the Sri Akal Takhat Sahib, not prevent Casteism and idolatry from being practiced in the precincts of Sri Darbar Sahib? Sikh history of the period substantiates that only three Budha-Dal Nihungs returned from their exile in Nanded. This trio was composed of Jathedar Akali Baba Giana Singh Ji, Granthi Baba Prem Singh ji and Nihung Fateh Singh Ji.

These three visited the families of their fallen comrades and attempted to boost their numeric quotient. It is also evident that they were forbidden from entering the Akal Takhat, their prior base. Thus only in name were they the latter's custodians but not in practice. How then could individuals who were forbidden from entering their keep, prevent it's blasphemy? They possessed no numeric preponderance to storm the Mahants' holds and were constrained by the British on each and every turn. In such circumstances they solely focused upon proselytizing rather than conflict.

It was only towards the end of Akali Baba Teja Singh Ji's (the successor to Baba Giana Singh Ji's) life that the Nihungs were finally allowed into Sri Darbar Sahib along with delegations of the Gurudwara Reform Movement.'

• 10 months later...
On 18/05/2016 at 4:38 PM, GPS said:

Chatanga ji, marayada of Harmandir sahib was put in practice by bah mani singh ji in 1699 when he was sent by Guru Gobind singh ji after creation of khalsa.He did away with

Hindu practices there and baptized many sikh around countryside.

Please read two separate sources of reference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhai_Mani_Singh

In 1699, after the Khalsa Panth was created with the famous Amrit ceremony and Rahit Maryada (Code of conduct of the Khalsa) was ordained, Guru Gobind Singh sent Bhai Mani Singh and five other Khalsas to Amritsar with instructions to take possession of the Harmandir Sahib. Bhai Mani Singh was appointed Granthi of the Harmandir Sahib and Jathedar of the Akal Takhat.[23] Mani Singh thus became the third Granthi of the Harmandir Sahib, after Baba Buddha and Bhai Gurdas. Mani Singh did away with all the Hindu practices that had crept into the Harmandir and restored all the traditional ceremonies of the Khalsa which became a regular daily feature. Apart from Kirtan Singing of hymns from the Granth Sahib, Bhai Mani Singh used to do Katha (Exposition of Gurbani) which became a very popular daily feature. Rahit Maryada was propagated and arrangements were made for administering Pahul (initiation) to new converts to the Khalsa fold. As a result of Bhai Mani Singh's efforts, a large number of Jats (farmers) from northern Punjab were initiated as Khalsas, whose numbers increased day by day. Many of them, when they went back to their villages, persuaded others to take the pahul and become Khalsas. Periodically, Bhai Mani Singh used to go to Anandpur Sahib to pay homage to Guru Gobind Singh and keep him informed of the affairs and happenings at Amritsar.[24]

unquote

Earlier source posted was from book of Surain singh dhanoa ' Raj Karega Khalsa" Surain s dhanoa is a retired chief secretary of punjab.

Minas had lost control Harmandir sahib in 1699 and code Bhai mani singh established in 1699 is in written form and is being followed till today.

On 19/05/2016 at 6:32 PM, chatanga said:

I am still unconvinced that the statement made by the OP is true, but I won't comment any further on this topic concerning Bhai Mani Singh until I do some further research and see if I can find anything. If you have any non-wiki sources then please share them.

Doing some research on another aspect of history,  I came across a source which says that Bhai Mani Singh was sent to Sri hariMandir sahib in 1698 after the Khalsa Vaisakhi by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. It is written in "Guru kian Sakhian" by Swarup Singh Kaushish. The reason that 1698 comes up is because Swaroop Singh dated the Khalsa Sirjana in that year.

If we are to hold fast to the Khalsa Sirjana of 1699, then that would also be the year Bhai Mani Singh went there. Bhai Mani Singh was sent there to take control of Sri HariMandir Sahib. Swaroop Singh writes that the meene had abandoned Sri HariMandir Sahib because of the increasing hostilities of the moghal authorities.

As far as I know, Baba Banda Bahadur retook control of Sri HariMandir Sahib in 1711- ish. ( will need to re-read about though), and Bhai Mani Singh Ji had returnded to Sri Anandpur Sahib at some time, at Bhai Sahib was there during evacutaion of 1704. Bhai Sahib stayed with both Matas in Delhi until Matas directed him to go and retake control of Sri HariMandir Sahib again.

Will need to re-read about that but at least we have one source in a historical writing that confirms that Bhai Mani Singh did go to Sri HariMandir Sahib shortly after Vaisakhi.

Don't know. There is nothing in Swaroop Singh's book about this. But we have a source which says that Bhai Mani Singh Ji did go to Sri HariMandir Sahib in 1698/9.

Also the pre 1699 swaroops do not have Zafrnama in them. The Granths which were bound before this time stayed as they were. There is a granth in Sri Patna Sahib that is dated 1698 which does not have Zafrnama in it.

• 4 years later...
On 5/15/2016 at 4:13 AM, jkvlondon said:

what is it about Virks brar and sidhus in general that make them aggressively against the sikh panth ...could it be the curse of Guru ji at work General Brar was descendant of branch of Brar who displeased Guru ji and Sant ji was descendant of those Brars who pleased and served Guru ji ? Nearly all the K jar Bhangra gandh waley are of the sidhu clan ....

http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/personalities/sewadars/jhabbar.html

Sant Bhindranwale was of Brar origin

Nawab Kapur Singh was a Virk 

Bhai Adam and his son Bhai Bhagtu were sidhu from Malwa 

On 5/15/2016 at 12:13 PM, jkvlondon said:

what is it about Virks brar and sidhus in general that make them aggressively against the sikh panth ...could it be the curse of Guru ji at work General Brar was descendant of branch of Brar who displeased Guru ji and Sant ji was descendant of those Brars who pleased and served Guru ji ? Nearly all the K jar Bhangra gandh waley are of the sidhu clan ....

http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/personalities/sewadars/jhabbar.html

I used to have a Pakistani tutor, he was like one of those liberal Muslims, and he asked me what my surname is, and then he was like stay away from the Sidhus, they are evil and cursed  ?   ? 

@jkvlondon

yeah, Its interesting you say that. 

What's your opinion on things like generational curses? family curses and clan/tribe curses ?   

Bani seems to support this. I read in bani how if you become a gursikh then 12 generations of your descendants will be blessed. Guru Gobind Singh ji said that if the son of a mona becomes a Singh then he will be blessed, but if the son of a Singh becomes a mona then he will be cursed.

I was listening to Giani Pinderpals Singhs katha on Guru Ram Das Ji, and he said the entire Sodhi clan was cursed and was going to end up in Narak, but it was because of Guru RamDas ji that they were saved and given another chance.

There's many other examples which suggest your good/bad deeds rub of onto your family/clan.

Its interesting stuff .... 

• 11 months later...