Canada Finally Apologizes For 1914 Violent White Racist Rejection Of Sikh Asian Migrant Ship Komagata Maru

genie

That's fine, but if we genuinely had designs on a Sikh homeland, no Sikh country would've been possible with an 85% Muslim majority! So, what do you suppose would happen? You either throw them out or convert them. Those Muslims cheering for Ranjit Singh is irrelevant. They were still Muslims! It's actually that kind of flattery and pandering to our egos that has frigged us over time and time again. So they cheered their emancipators, big deal. How did that aid us in creating a Sikh majority state? We decided to conduct a multi-religious social experiment, the end result being made homeless in 47 and then raped and butchered in the 80's and 90's. Oh but those 19th century Muslims cheered for us back in the day(!)

Listen i duno y ur gettin all sarcastic. U sed in ur post "if anyone believes - in my hypothetical situation above - that no proud Hindus or Muslims would've resisted Sikh armies that were determined to carve out a country and kingdom for Sikhs".

I told u panjabi muslims have never been rulers of panjab or started an uprising off their own accord, so how wud they have done so under sikh ruler over time? They cant even handle sikh soldiers in ind/pak wars. U mentioning panjabi muslims cheering us, was a comment i included coz i was talkin bowt the end of the afghans. Y ur mentioning this as if its my main point, n being all sarcastic n childish, i have no idea.

Well ppl have said b4, ranjit singh shud of done mass sikhi parchar to convert non-sikhs, so we deffo missed r opportunity there.

Listen i duno y ur gettin all sarcastic. U sed in ur post "if anyone believes - in my hypothetical situation above - that no proud Hindus or Muslims would've resisted Sikh armies that were determined to carve out a country and kingdom for Sikhs".

I told u panjabi muslims have never been rulers of panjab or started an uprising off their own accord, so how wud they have done so under sikh ruler over time? They cant even handle sikh soldiers in ind/pak wars. U mentioning panjabi muslims cheering us, was a comment i included coz i was talkin bowt the end of the afghans. Y ur mentioning this as if its my main point, n being all sarcastic n childish, i have no idea.

Well ppl have said b4, ranjit singh shud of done mass sikhi parchar to convert non-sikhs, so we deffo missed r opportunity there.

You do know what hypothetical means? A 'what if' scenario? "Had we the numbers to really get down to business, this is what we should've done" Alternate timeline?

You're getting caught up in history. I'm telling you what we SHOULD'VE done, and you're haggling over numbers. I'm not being sarcastic or condescending. Who do you think I am, Jagsaw?

From a politics point of view, for a country to admit and apologise for any past wrong doings is a sign of weakness.

You concede on one point, what else would you concede on.

All that will happen is that the sharks will start gathering.

You can see the example of Germany. After everything that has been done during Nazi period, it has a lot of guilt which means it has lost a lot of backbone and this may have contributed in part in the problems it has today.

You can see it with Japan, they committed a lot of atrocities in their occupation period. They may not have technically apologised, but they may have conceded on other points.

But with North Korea and a resurgent China, they will have to regain their Samurai spirit.

I just dont see who they were demanding an apology from. Trudeau? Liberal Party? Trudeaus cabinet? Canada as a country? White people? This is like an innocent Muslim whos family had done nothing to Sikhs, but nonetheless got killed in 47, asking for an apology today from any random Sikh.

"blah blah blah sentiments hurt, say sorry to us :("

I just dont see who they were demanding an apology from. Trudeau? Liberal Party? Trudeaus cabinet? Canada as a country? White people? This is like an innocent Muslim whos family had done nothing to Sikhs, but nonetheless got killed in 47, asking for an apology today from any random Sikh.

Okay, but this works to highlight what a55-holes whites have been in the recent past. Even more importantly, it sends a signal to more backwards Anglophile countries that still have appalling attitudes towards nonwhite migrants like Australia.

I agree with you, this is just spreading unnecessary attention to our community over an incident that hasn't affected any of us in any major way.... HOWEVER racism is still pretty rife in canadian society very recently after the Nagar Kirtan my local Gurudwara was spray painted with a nazi sign and go home....