Why Didn't "low-caste" People In India Become Sikh?

Guest Jacfsing2

9 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

A terrible, virtually non-existent support system for normal religious folks (NOT weird jatha groupies) + the vast majority of the followers belonging to an ethnicity that seems to delight or relish any bad luck or hard times for their own = a very bleak future.

From experience, the more you believe and try to understand, the more you will suffer. If you treat the entire thing like the Church of England thing of God only existing on a Sunday, lol, you'll be better off because you've discarded all demands and expectations. Sincerity breeds unrest; ambivalence begets contented ignorance.

I'll repeat myself: Bhai Jagraj Singh's premature passing was a huge blow for Western Sikhs. He was EXACTLY what people were looking for.

That is why sikhs need to do parchaar to non sikhs especially in India. Any sikh in the world is our brother/sister before some random atheist punjabi. There are many potential future sikhs in India. We need to do something.

32 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

That is why sikhs need to do parchaar to non sikhs especially in India. Any sikh in the world is our brother/sister before some random atheist punjabi. There are many potential future sikhs in India. We need to do something.

People are attracted to strength and look for personal gain. It’s not the nitty gritty offerings of the religion, it’s the material benefit of the grouping that really pulls people in and keeps them there. If we can’t project strength in Punjab, it’s not going to work anywhere else. People need to see it in action to be convinced that giving up membership in the 1  billion-plus hindu conglomerate is worthwhile. Just look at Islam. No matter how horrendous and appalling aspects of their religious doctrine are, muslims stay put. Even knowing full well that there is no way any sane person with a sense of inherent morality can practice their faith to the T, muslims will not abandon ship. Only when a viable option that offers them security and material gain will muslims start leaving, and they have strong gatekeepers to prevent that from ever happening.

I think our best course of action is more along the line of what @dallysingh101 keeps reminding us. We need to clean our own house, and that requires some harsh reality checks.

8 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

Your policy will swell numbers but you won't get vichaaar, gyaan, and understanding that way. Great news for politicians; not so much if you have a somewhat thoughtful outlook. You're falling into the trap of thinking poor = virtuous. You know what Punjabis are like when they get a sniff of the good times or a clear run at life; it goes to their heads regardless of their religious moorings.