Who Is 15th Jathedar Of Damdami Taksal

I overheard some people mention at my local gurdwara they are going to appoint a woman to head the taskaal. It would make a change if this happens. I wonder if it's true.

are there any gursikh bibian who have the outwardly recognised jeevan to take up active roles such as this ? I would hate another Jagir Kaur to be given the job .... she has put the black mark on all females by her conduct

Of course there are, just because we don't ever hear their names mentioned by the male dominated Punjabi media doesn't mean they don't exist! I don't know the names of these great Gursikh ladies but there must be many. There is no gender bias in Sikhism so they must be around but because they are women they get ignored by the Panth.

that was my point , females are so ignored ... I have no doubt about female bhramgianis just whether Singhs have the courage of their convinctions to give their support to a bibi

any names ?

Guest Jacfsing2

I overheard some people mention at my local gurdwara they are going to appoint a woman to head the taskaal. It would make a change if this happens. I wonder if it's true.

Considering a woman can't be a Punj Pyare, (Taksal Gurmat Maryada); I highly doubt that they'd make a woman the Jathedar.