Rumala Sahib For Sggs Ji.

Tony

Fateh . . . .

Rumala Issue

I had to go and get a Rumala for Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. I cant sew so had to go and get one.

All places have Rumala’s as 2x Plakan, and 1 x Rumala. Whereas the need for Rumala is 2 x Palkan, and 2 x Rumala (1 for under and 1 for over).

I did resolve this by buying 2 sets however don’t need 2 x palkan ….

Why do Sikh shops sell these as as 1 x Rumala where as the need for any of Maharaj’s Prakash requires 2 x Rumalas.

No wonder the Gurudwaras are saying don’t give so many Rumala’s as we are overstocked. Perhaps the real reason is that the Gurudwaras cant make use of these 1x Rumala sets.

Fateh

Before I begin, I'm not trying to stop you from presenting a rumula sahib to Guru Ji. If this is your sharda, do it.

All gurdwaras are overstocked with rumala sahibs. We live in a society where people spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on super fancy rumala sahibs. Is this pleasing to Waheguru?

Gurbani teaches us to be modest and help others be modest. Let's say person A spends $500 on a rumala sahib and person B spends $100 on a rumala sahib and uses the other $400 to feed the hungry. What person will please Guru ji more?

If one cuts his hair, eats meat, looks at women in a sexual manner but presents a fancy rumala sahib to Guru ji, is all forgiven? If another man works hard, shares his little earnings with those even less fortunate than him and thanks Waheguru daily for giving him life and a soul to pray to Waheguru, does he need to present a rumala sahib to Guru ji?

Sorry If I have offended you but my message is that we really should take a step back and consider what pleases the Guru.

Do you do this when you are buying a present for your wife?

Do you intend to spend £100 on her present and then just spend £20 and give the other £80 to feed the poor?

Do you spend money on your mother/father/children and then spend a fraction of it and the rest goes to the poor?

If you don't then why not start at home first and then talk about your Guru.

Sangat ji when you intend to spend money for your Guru remember where that maya has come from, never squeeze your pocket, never look at the price, spend on your Guru with eyes closed. Then see what your Guru gives back.

Do you do this when you are buying a present for your wife?

Do you intend to spend £100 on her present and then just spend £20 and give the other £80 to feed the poor?

Do you spend money on your mother/father/children and then spend a fraction of it and the rest goes to the poor?

If you don't then why not start at home first and then talk about your Guru.

Sangat ji when you intend to spend money for your Guru remember where that maya has come from, never squeeze your pocket, never look at the price, spend on your Guru with eyes closed. Then see what your Guru gives back.

Not sure how your wife is brother, but I can tell you that my wife is more generous to the needy than even I. I am blessed by Waheguru.

Please explain how Guru ji finds it pleasing that his children go hungry while we give fancy rumala's to Guru ji?

The golak of a Gurdwara is the mouth of the poor. Big difference between helping the needy vs presenting fancy rumala sahib to Guru Ji.

Everyone has their sharda and I'm not trying to stop someone from doing it. But open your eyes. Look at what happens at Darbar Sahib every day. The SGPC and bazaar owners are in cahoots....every day someone buys a fancy rumala sahib, takes it to Darbar Sahib where the granthi disrespectfully throws it on Guru Ji and immediately removes it forcibly. They then take those rumala sahibs and sell them back to the bazaar at a discount....and the cycle continues.

Bhaji, you think that Guru Ji does not know about His hungry children?

You think Guru Ji relies on us to feed His hungry children?

Who put His hungry children on this world?

Why were His hungry children put on this world?

This is not to say we do nothing, of course we do but there is nothing greater than your Guru.

You do not buy a ramalla, what point is that? You buy the cloth, and then sew the ramalla with your own hands. Then you wash the ramalla and iron it. If at any point it touches the floor you wash it and iron it again. Then you take it to your Guru and with all the love in your heart present it with humility, you gonna stop doing your adhav and satkaar of Guru Ji because of others? Let them do what they do.

Guru Ji knows about his hungry children. Guru knows all.

Guru Ji relies on all humans to serve society. In Sikhi was do honest labor, share our earnings, and pray to Waheguru.

Guru Ji puts hungry children on this earth. However, their lives are based on their own karams and doings.

Guru Ji puts these hungry children on this earth for salvation. A chance to attach to Guru's feet and break the cycle of life and death. To become one with God.

Do you think it's okay to use hundreds of gallons of milk to Mandars and Sri Darbar Sahib while millions in India go starving daily?

Or how about plucking flowers and throwing them at Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji? Those flowers have life too.

These are practices Sikhs should be getting away from, not being attracted towards.

Who is all that hundreds of gallons of milk used for in Darbar Sahib? it is for the millions who visit every year.

If flowers have life then what better way to end it by being showered over your Guru?

Who is all that hundreds of gallons of milk used for in Darbar Sahib? it is for the millions who visit every year.

If flowers have life then what better way to end it by being showered over your Guru?

Actually, this is in direct contradiction to what Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says:

ਆਸਾ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀਉ ਕੇ ਪੰਚਪਦੇ ਦੁਤੁਕੇ

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ

ਪਾਤੀ ਤੋਰੈ ਮਾਲਿਨੀ ਪਾਤੀ ਪਾਤੀ ਜੀਉ ਜਿਸੁ ਪਾਹਨ ਕਉ ਪਾਤੀ ਤੋਰੈ ਸੋ ਪਾਹਨ ਨਿਰਜੀਉ ॥੧॥

ਭੂਲੀ ਮਾਲਨੀ ਹੈ ਏਉ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਜਾਗਤਾ ਹੈ ਦੇਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪਾਤੀ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਡਾਰੀ ਫੂਲ ਸੰਕਰਦੇਉ ਤੀਨਿ ਦੇਵ ਪ੍ਰਤਖਿ ਤੋਰਹਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਕਿਸ ਕੀ ਸੇਉ ॥੨॥

ਪਾਖਾਨ ਗਢਿ ਕੈ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਕੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਦੇ ਕੈ ਛਾਤੀ ਪਾਉ ਜੇ ਏਹ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਸਾਚੀ ਹੈ ਤਉ ਗੜ੍ਹਣਹਾਰੇ ਖਾਉ ॥੩॥

ਭਾਤੁ ਪਹਿਤਿ ਅਰੁ ਲਾਪਸੀ ਕਰਕਰਾ ਕਾਸਾਰੁ ਭੋਗਨਹਾਰੇ ਭੋਗਿਆ ਇਸੁ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਕੇ ਮੁਖ ਛਾਰੁ ॥੪॥

ਮਾਲਿਨਿ ਭੂਲੀ ਜਗੁ ਭੁਲਾਨਾ ਹਮ ਭੁਲਾਨੇ ਨਾਹਿ ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਹਮ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਖੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇ ॥੫॥੧॥੧੪॥