Rumala Sahib For Sggs Ji.

Tony

If one cuts his hair, eats meat, looks at women in a sexual manner but presents a fancy rumala sahib to Guru ji, is all forgiven? If another man works hard, shares his little earnings with those even less fortunate than him and thanks Waheguru daily for giving him life and a soul to pray to Waheguru, does he need to present a rumala sahib to Guru ji?

refer to this for an appropriate answer.

Luke 7:36-50New International Version (NIV) Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Woman

36 When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table. 37 A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume.38 As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”

40 Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.”

“Tell me, teacher,” he said.

41 “Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii,[a] and the other fifty. 42 Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?”

43 Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven.”

“You have judged correctly,” Jesus said.

44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

refer to this for an appropriate answer.

Luke 7:36-50New International Version (NIV) Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Woman

36 When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table. 37 A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume.38 As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”

40 Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.”

“Tell me, teacher,” he said.

41 “Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii,[a] and the other fifty. 42 Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?”

43 Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven.”

“You have judged correctly,” Jesus said.

44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

I respect all religions but I prefer to stick to references to Gurbani.

Even the most sinful can be salvaged in an instant, by remembering God. Please see the shabad below. However, how does one remember God? Perhaps that is where we disagree.

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ

ਜਾ ਕਉ ਮੁਸਕਲੁ ਅਤਿ ਬਣੈ ਢੋਈ ਕੋਇ ਦੇਇ ਲਾਗੂ ਹੋਏ ਦੁਸਮਨਾ ਸਾਕ ਭਿ ਭਜਿ ਖਲੇ

ਸਭੋ ਭਜੈ ਆਸਰਾ ਚੁਕੈ ਸਭੁ ਅਸਰਾਉ ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਲਗੈ ਤਤੀ ਵਾਉ ॥੧॥

ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਨਿਤਾਣਿਆ ਕਾ ਤਾਣੁ ਆਇ ਜਾਈ ਥਿਰੁ ਸਦਾ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਸਚੁ ਜਾਣੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਹੋਵੈ ਦੁਬਲਾ ਨੰਗ ਭੁਖ ਕੀ ਪੀਰ ਦਮੜਾ ਪਲੈ ਨਾ ਪਵੈ ਨਾ ਕੋ ਦੇਵੈ ਧੀਰ

ਸੁਆਰਥੁ ਸੁਆਉ ਕੋ ਕਰੇ ਨਾ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਕਾਜੁ ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਨਿਹਚਲੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਰਾਜੁ ॥੨॥

ਜਾ ਕਉ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਦੇਹੀ ਵਿਆਪੈ ਰੋਗੁ ਗ੍ਰਿਸਤਿ ਕੁਟੰਬਿ ਪਲੇਟਿਆ ਕਦੇ ਹਰਖੁ ਕਦੇ ਸੋਗੁ

ਗਉਣੁ ਕਰੇ ਚਹੁ ਕੁੰਟ ਕਾ ਘੜੀ ਬੈਸਣੁ ਸੋਇ ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਸੀਤਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੩॥

ਕਾਮਿ ਕਰੋਧਿ ਮੋਹਿ ਵਸਿ ਕੀਆ ਕਿਰਪਨ ਲੋਭਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ਚਾਰੇ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਉਨਿ ਅਘ ਕੀਏ ਹੋਆ ਅਸੁਰ ਸੰਘਾਰੁ

ਪੋਥੀ ਗੀਤ ਕਵਿਤ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਦੇ ਕਰਨਿ ਧਰਿਆ ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਨਿਮਖ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਤਰਿਆ ॥੪॥

Aasaa, Kabeer Jee, 9 Panch-Paday, 5 Du-Tukay:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

You tear off the leaves, O gardener, but in each and every leaf, there is life.

That stone idol, for which you tear off those leaves - that stone idol is lifeless. ||1||

In this, you are mistaken, O gardener.

The True Guru is the Living Lord. ||1||Pause||

Brahma is in the leaves, Vishnu is in the branches, and Shiva is in the flowers.

When you break these three gods, whose service are you performing? ||2||

The sculptor carves the stone and fashions it into an idol, placing his feet upon its chest.

If this stone god was true, it would devour the sculptor for this! ||3||

Rice and beans, candies, cakes and cookies

- the priest enjoys these, while he puts ashes into the mouth of the idol. ||4||

The gardener is mistaken, and the world is mistaken, but I am not mistaken.

Says Kabeer, the Lord preserves me; the Lord, my King, has showered His Blessings upon me. ||5||1||14||

If you take the trouble to read the shabad you will see that Guru Ji is saying that the flowers are being picked for an idol but the idol cannot give you anything back.

What I said was that a flower picked would get mukat when showered over the true living Guru.

You get the difference ?

Aasaa, Kabeer Jee, 9 Panch-Paday, 5 Du-Tukay:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

You tear off the leaves, O gardener, but in each and every leaf, there is life.

That stone idol, for which you tear off those leaves - that stone idol is lifeless. ||1||

In this, you are mistaken, O gardener.

The True Guru is the Living Lord. ||1||Pause||

Brahma is in the leaves, Vishnu is in the branches, and Shiva is in the flowers.

When you break these three gods, whose service are you performing? ||2||

The sculptor carves the stone and fashions it into an idol, placing his feet upon its chest.

If this stone god was true, it would devour the sculptor for this! ||3||

Rice and beans, candies, cakes and cookies

- the priest enjoys these, while he puts ashes into the mouth of the idol. ||4||

The gardener is mistaken, and the world is mistaken, but I am not mistaken.

Says Kabeer, the Lord preserves me; the Lord, my King, has showered His Blessings upon me. ||5||1||14||

If you take the trouble to read the shabad you will see that Guru Ji is saying that the flowers are being picked for an idol but the idol cannot give you anything back.

What I said was that a flower picked would get mukat when showered over the true living Guru.

You get the difference ?

We don't decide who is mukat. Next you will say it is okay to kill animals and give them as offerings for guru ji because you wanted to give them mukti. We cannot play God bhaji.

You people need to wake up. The British raj wanted to destroy Sikhism by bringing in ideology of Hinduism into our practices. If you can't differentiate between manmat and love for Guru ji, I cannot help you.

Well British Raj ended a while ago and I do not see Sikhism destroyed. What I do see is the missionary types who are leading us away from our Guru and gurmat and taking us towards manmat.

Don't worry Bhaji your help is not needed I would rather rely on Guru Ji.

Well British Raj ended a while ago and I do not see Sikhism destroyed. What I do see is the missionary types who are leading us away from our Guru and gurmat and taking us towards manmat.

Don't worry Bhaji your help is not needed I would rather rely on Guru Ji.

Doing nam simran and helping humanity is taking us towards manmat? You sound like a missionary.

Not sure how your wife is brother, but I can tell you that my wife is more generous to the needy than even I. I am blessed by Waheguru.

Please explain how Guru ji finds it pleasing that his children go hungry while we give fancy rumala's to Guru ji?

The golak of a Gurdwara is the mouth of the poor. Big difference between helping the needy vs presenting fancy rumala sahib to Guru Ji.

Everyone has their sharda and I'm not trying to stop someone from doing it. But open your eyes. Look at what happens at Darbar Sahib every day. The SGPC and bazaar owners are in cahoots....every day someone buys a fancy rumala sahib, takes it to Darbar Sahib where the granthi disrespectfully throws it on Guru Ji and immediately removes it forcibly. They then take those rumala sahibs and sell them back to the bazaar at a discount....and the cycle continues.

Are you also against a Palki for Guru Sahib? What about a bed in Sachkandh? Guru Sahib is a king and Guru without all the assigned symbols but out of respect and love Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji to Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji gave the bed to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and new clothes and new chaur sahib and new palki and new everything. Yet they slept on the floor. If we Sikhs are so compassionate, why do we live in 300 000 to 1 000 000 dollar houses? Don't forget about the time shares and summer homes. We don't need a house with 3 to 8 bedrooms a separate dining room a separate guest living room. You can sleep eat and go to the bathroom in a trailer. Cost no more than 100 000. Also why new cars or used cars that cost a lot. Get a used 1989 reliable rebuilt car. You dont need any fancy buttons. It's a waste of money and not being compassionate. Bhagat Puran singh used his back and legs as a car for the sick. Speaking of more compassion.....how well will the fish feel after we wash soap into the sarovar. Spending 60 dollars on one meal because we gotta take the misses on a night out on the town. Why eat expensive food? Stick to water dal and roti everyday for all meals. No need to put in masala. They cost extra money. What about diapers for the new born. Cancel it, use clothe that can be wrapped and washed by hand when soiled. If a male sikh or woman does not know how to wrapp the baby. Leave me a message i can explain how. No need for dishwashers dryers and washers. Get those hands working and save lots of money to feed the poor. Do you know how much heating cost and air conditioning? Cancel that. Tie a cloth to a branch and make your own air. You need a branch? Give me an pm and i will have it shipped to you for free. The list goes on but I hope you get the picture. When it Comes to feeding the poor, don't cut a piece off from your roti. Give the poor everything and then come back to let us know if you would take from the house of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.