Sleep Problems And Amrit Vela?

Guest Jacfsing2

Guest Jacfsing2

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Recently as I have been trying to stay on an Amrit Vela, I've felt some sleep problems, (before I was trying to start the routine, I hadn't been a strong person in GurSikhi, also having some strong-minor withdrawal symptoms of previous kaam problems), I want to know if anyone else has this a problem getting to sleep at night, while trying to wake-up early in the morning, and what I can do, (With Gur-prassad of course), to hopefully sleep at the night and be capable of Waking-up early at Amrit Vela, (sometimes I can't sleep until 12 A.M.) Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! (It sometimes makes me feel weak that I can't wake-up early because of sleeping too late).

Guest Pargaas

I am new to sikhi, can wake up what time i want no matter how tired, but my problem is i start simran and after 20 mins feel sleepy, or cant sit more than 20,22 mins

I cant make my life safli i think

Dnt know when and what time i will be dead but still no simran has been done properly

☹☹

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Recently as I have been trying to stay on an Amrit Vela, I've felt some sleep problems, (before I was trying to start the routine, I hadn't been a strong person in GurSikhi, also having some strong-minor withdrawal symptoms of previous kaam problems), I want to know if anyone else has this a problem getting to sleep at night, while trying to wake-up early in the morning, and what I can do, (With Gur-prassad of course), to hopefully sleep at the night and be capable of Waking-up early at Amrit Vela, (sometimes I can't sleep until 12 A.M.) Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! (It sometimes makes me feel weak that I can't wake-up early because of sleeping too late).

I am new to sikhi, can wake up what time i want no matter how tired, but my problem is i start simran and after 20 mins feel sleepy, or cant sit more than 20,22 mins

Dnt know when and what time i will be dead but still no simran has been done properly

☹☹

Jacfsing Paji did you try the methods in your previous thread?

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/78077-amrit-vela/?hl=sleep#entry646444

Stress also plays a part in not sleeping well. Are you stressed or is there anything on your mind that you are worried about?

I've put this on before, but here it is again:

How to Sleep Better:

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/sleep/how-to-sleep-better.htm

☹☹

Persistence pays. No two days will be the same. Concentrate more on just doing it everyday rather than on how much you have been able to concentrate. After a while your mind will start to concentrate on simran.

Read Gurbani and try to understand the meanings too. When you have something that you are trying to comtemplate upon it is easier to concentrate. For instance when you are trying to understand what japji sahib means in the khands you will be able to connect easier. Otherwise take a line which helps you connect and repeat it a few times and wonder on it and think deeply about it.

Get a routine where you listen or read your favourite shabad everyday. We all have different ones which create the feeling of devotion in us at different times.

Overall... think of how you learn to write the alphabet - it was not achieved overnight. We are so impatient with getting dheyaan in simran immediately, such that if it does not happen we give up. However we stick to other things which we really want to achieve. Making yourself a doctor takes years. It might take years to reach that simran level which you are expecting to happen overnight. Small steps in the right direction everyday - make all the difference.

We should be more worried about whether we spent our 20, 10 or so minutes everyday and not miss it. An everyday routine will help achieve results faster.

It is important to leave some room for those days when things will not quite be going your way because concentration is very delicate. Something which bothers you at work, or at home or any event in the day can serve to disturb your concentration on some day.

When you say Waheguru try to listen to it as well instead of silently reciting.

If long hours don't work for you, try the shorter 5, 10 or 15 minute breaks during the day. For instance if you can't finish sukhmani sahib in one sitting - spread it over the day. Morning, afternoon and evening. Use you mobile alarm to alert you, also set your alarm to mark the end of your fifteen minutes or so. This helps free your mind from everything else including glancing at the clock.

Guest Jacfsing2

Jacfsing Paji did you try the methods in your previous thread?

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/78077-amrit-vela/?hl=sleep#entry646444

Stress also plays a part in not sleeping well. Are you stressed or is there anything on your mind that you are worried about?

I've put this on before, but here it is again:

How to Sleep Better:

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/sleep/how-to-sleep-better.htm

Thanks for this. I have the sleep problems only occasionally, but when it does its most likely from feeling some sort of stress.

Thanks for this. I have the sleep problems only occasionally, but when it does its most likely from feeling some sort of stress.

Get to the root of the problem first, once the stress has reduced/alleviated, things should get better. Stress causes many symptoms and problems that one would not think of. Good luck.