Is It This Hard To Find A Gursikh Singhi?

Guest Gupt_singh

Guest Jacfsing2

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

That's how it is !

Parents are biased and kids are "Pappu's" when it comes to marriage.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh, as @MisterrSingh has said, I could care less about what some RSS "sikh" agents do on an individual level, but they shouldn't corrupt the Panth as a whole. We should personally call these RSS "sikh" agents out whenever we can. What's next Anritdharis hating Anritdharis who are of a different race? Or maybe hating Anritdharis for wearing a different style Dastar? This is just silly if you ask me. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Some type of class distinction happens over time. Likes attract and unlikes repel. We tend to bond with those who are more like us in background, behaviour and eating habits. However there are always the exceptions which are the love marriages which will force family members to bond with others.

These jathas I assume are a continuity of our sikh culture which some people have been able to adhere to strictly when in India. Being forced to flee constant ploice arrests and persecutions the survivors have managed to flee and preserve and spread their sikh beliefs around the world.

The average sikh student has managed to pick up this type of sikhi. Its got nothing to do with segregation but rather all our different upbringing. There are many types of divisions in other religions too. However the panth is able to unite and keep their differences aside for instance on the past black diwali. No one put their jathebandhis aside and resolved to celebrate diwali in the former traditional way with fireworks and candles.

If we were born during Guru Nanaks time we would still belong to some or another class. Jathes, surnames and class are nothing new. Its just that we are being faced with changes so fast. Just some 20 years ago mobile phones were just toys and now you can walk around with all the SGGS stored on your phone.

The traditional method of picking up your sikh beliefs have greatly changed. Therefore younsters will be different too compared to what the older generation were capable of. More keyboard and phone service is our religion eather than walking to the guradwara and sitting commiting an hour to simran or listening to kirtan. One phone call or text message is enough to break our concentration and we are off to attend to visitors at home or off for dinner elsewhere.

I always notice simran345 has replied to all posts, all answers r good nd motivation for OP

How u manage ur time to reply all posts?

God bless u

Thank you ji Paji for your kind words and blessings. I don't reply to all posts, as there are other brothers and sisters wiser and intelligent than me that should also receive compliments for their input, I am but a sinner myself and learn from them, and if you have noticed I don't reply to deep threads, because I don't have that much energy to. So I just reply to what I can input into.

"How I manage my time to reply?"

It's because I have a health condition, with which, I am at home mostly. I used to reply from my bed before, as I had become so weak, and mobility and overall strength wasn't too good, but with Waheguru's grace have improved. But for me physical strength isn't good, so I divert my time to something I find useful and get happiness from and if it helps somebody, then I input what I can from my side.

My typing is fast, but slower now, as I don't have a laptop no more, so I can't do touch typing anymore.

Predictive text I rarely use, so it gets bit tedious and tiring.

I should be resting, and self managing my time more better, but it's kind of habit coming on here now ?

Waheguru twanu chardi kala vich rakhe ji.

?? Waheguru.

Let's look at the caste system. A system to subjugate individuals into different categories That allow some to be higher and others are forced to the bottom 0f the barrel. It's was based on job and family status. Today, most sikhs when speaking of caste they are speaking about family background. Yet the so called educated Sikhs mostly from non Jatt backgrounds will marry only families with high status and with similar high paying jobs which includes there caste. This is discrimination based on the caste system. Brahmin of the past were basically snobs. Today the same can be said about these educated Sikhs.

Geographical location also can be considered the caste system. Yet the educated Sikhs practice this behavior fully by asking where the family is from. They don't prefer Sikhs with Malva background because they see them as lower status.

There is a fine line from looking at family background and practicing the caste system. Anyone who has explored history will understand why certain people choose to marry within like minded families. Simply quoting Gurbani does not cut it because the whole shabad 8s not presented.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh, as @MisterrSingh has said, I could care less about what some RSS "sikh" agents do on an individual level, but they shouldn't corrupt the Panth as a whole. We should personally call these RSS "sikh" agents out whenever we can. What's next Anritdharis hating Anritdharis who are of a different race? Or maybe hating Anritdharis for wearing a different style Dastar? This is just silly if you ask me. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Stay cool and concentrate on your Jeevan.

Everyone reaps what they sow !

Haters get hate, Loveable love.

Guest Gupt_Singh

Wow iam really thankful for your fast response. I didnt expect that.

The thing is only solution i see sometimes is love marriage.

But this is very very dangerous line for your sikh jeevan. Sooner or later you end up doing something against gurmat.

Having a girlfriend isnt allowed.

So find a kaur, then get to know and pray for her parents to agree so that you guys can marry?

Its a issue panth. As gursikh pyara just wrote what will be next? Only gol dastara wale marry gol dastara wale.

Marrying someone like minded doesnt mean one should ask about caste. Caste doesnt gives you a gurante.

Hamree jaaat paat gursatgur..

How can we amritdharis have a different castes? We gave our head to guru. Arent we one?

Its really bothering me. So love marriage?

Guest Jacfsing2

Wow iam really thankful for your fast response. I didnt expect that.

The thing is only solution i see sometimes is love marriage.

But this is very very dangerous line for your sikh jeevan. Sooner or later you end up doing something against gurmat.

Having a girlfriend isnt allowed.

So find a kaur, then get to know and pray for her parents to agree so that you guys can marry?

Its a issue panth. As gursikh pyara just wrote what will be next? Only gol dastara wale marry gol dastara wale. :snipershoot:

Marrying someone like minded doesnt mean one should ask about caste. Caste doesnt gives you a gurante.

Hamree jaaat paat gursatgur..

How can we amritdharis have a different castes? We gave our head to guru. Arent we one?

Its really bothering me. So love marriage?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! I recommend this video from Jugraj Singh from BasicsOfSikhi to answer your question.https://youtu.be/_ny2nE2HSlU Keep your Gursikhi high, The part about the Gol-Dastar just shows what the next level would be in the next direction :snipershoot: . Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! (Forgive me I am very bad at adding youtube videos here, I edited it 3 times).

Guest Jacfsing2

Didn't the Guru's that were married, marry in their own castes?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! http://www.sikhanswers.com/gurmat-islam/if-men-and-women-are-equal-in-sikhi-why-werent-there-any-female-gurus/ , (the article talks about why Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's light were in the physical body of 10 "high caste" people despite Gurbani being complete on equality of everyone). It is also important to note that 2 of the Gurus were married before becoming Sikh, and that Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji did not have any caste preference for his marriage. And when Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Amar Das Ji was about to marry his daughter; he did not see Bhai Jaitha's, (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Ram Das Ji) as someone who was an orphan, but rather his own disciple, who served the Guru with everything. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!