Is It This Hard To Find A Gursikh Singhi?

Guest Gupt_singh

Wow iam really thankful for your fast response. I didnt expect that.

The thing is only solution i see sometimes is love marriage.

But this is very very dangerous line for your sikh jeevan. Sooner or later you end up doing something against gurmat.

Having a girlfriend isnt allowed.

So find a kaur, then get to know and pray for her parents to agree so that you guys can marry?

Its a issue panth. As gursikh pyara just wrote what will be next? Only gol dastara wale marry gol dastara wale.

Marrying someone like minded doesnt mean one should ask about caste. Caste doesnt gives you a gurante.

Hamree jaaat paat gursatgur..

How can we amritdharis have a different castes? We gave our head to guru. Arent we one?

Its really bothering me. So love marriage?

I think Bhai Jugraj Singh (Basics of Sikhi) had a love marriage as his wife is an Amritdhari Keski wearing Gori.

First verify then seek advice from him.

simran345, sorry to hear about ur health.

I would like to suggest to to have a look at really good mahapurkhs books, i have read and these are really motivating books for jagyasoos like us

One is "se kinehiya" life story of sant harnam singh rampur khede waale, its audio book u can find from gurbaniupdesh.com

It's really motivating i am listening these days nkw

Second is, ishwar amolak laal, the personal dairy of sant ishar singh rara sahib, its pdf u can get from net.

God bless u pene

Personally I think views are more important than background/sect unless you're hardcore sect and need exact same views. Else its going to be like marrying another religion! As in hard to work together. Job or education is the last thing I would care about if I had a choice who to marry but I probably don't.

The route to marriage is strewn with loads of pain confusion and emotions. However once you are there, for some it is bliss. It is a complete change of life. Everything about your life has been written down beforehand.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=chinta+mat+karo&oq=chinta+mat+karo&aqs=chrome..69i57.9145j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Most people I know have gone through loads however they have now settled down peacefully

SGGS Ang 304

The lines below can be referring to Amrit sanchaar as this is where you publicly associate yourself with your Guru.

जो गुरु गोपे आपणा सु भला नाही पंचहु ओनि लाहा मूलु सभु गवाइआ ॥
Jo gur gope āpṇā so bẖalā nāhī pancẖahu on lāhā mūl sabẖ gavā▫i▫ā.
O chosen people, O self-elect, one who does not publicly affirm his Guru is not a good person; he loses all his profits and capital.
पहिला आगमु निगमु नानकु आखि सुणाए पूरे गुर का बचनु उपरि आइआ ॥
Pahilā āgam nigam Nānak ākẖ suṇā▫e pūre gur kā bacẖan upar ā▫i▫ā.
People used to chant and recite the Shaastras and the Vedas, O Nanak, but now the Words of the Perfect Guru have come to be the most exalted of all.
गुरसिखा वडिआई भावै गुर पूरे की मनमुखा ओह वेला हथि न आइआ ॥२॥
Gursikẖā vadi▫ā▫ī bẖāvai gur pūre kī manmukẖā oh velā hath na ā▫i▫ā. ||2||
The glorious greatness of the Perfect Guru is pleasing to the GurSikh; the self-willed manmukhs have lost this opportunity. ||2||
On the same Ang below you have line which talk about faces blackened.
जि बिनु सतिगुर सेवे आपु गणाइदे तिन अंदरि कूड़ु फिटु फिटु मुह फिके ॥
Jė bin saṯgur seve āp gaṇā▫iḏe ṯin anḏar kūṛ fit fit muh fike.
One who does not serve the True Guru, and who praises himself, is filled with falsehood within. Cursed, cursed is his ugly face.
ओइ बोले किसै न भावनी मुह काले सतिगुर ते चुके ॥८॥
O▫e bole kisai na bẖāvnī muh kāle saṯgur ṯe cẖuke. ||8||
His words are not pleasing to anyone; his face is blackened, and he is separated from the True Guru. ||8||