Sikhism On Vegan ?

thenormalguy

1 hour ago, Preeet said:

@jkvlondon that still doesn't make sense as there are vegan people! It is easy to say people can pick and choose what they'd like to have in the Sri Langar Sahib ji. If you haven't noticed, I only said that because I am trying to hint to you what I am saying. If you want to go ahead and support meat eating while calling yourself a Sikh, then chii. THU on a person like you if you are supporting meat.

@MrDoaba nutritional content or not, in can be still seen as food! If you are going to support meat, then I am not going to bother replying since my motive is gone.

OK Preet I will explain vegan to you ....you are not a vegan just by stopping eating dairy meat and eggs ...you have to stop honey and anything taken from animals , so you will not wear silk, wool, suede or leather , you will not  put lanolin, beeswax, honey, shellac,cochineal containing products on your skin or hair . So being Vegan is a complete philosophical stance in life seperate from Sikhi . What you have issues with is seeing vegetation as purer than meat when EVERYTHING is of the same source , what affects purity is OUR actions thoughts etc . I already told you I don't partake and no-one who comes to my home who does gets their way , they get same foods that amritdhari folk eat. I don't tell others what to eat just make sure I don't do something I know is not right, in fact I went through the school system with my friends for eight years and they never realised I was a veggie because they were used to being to made to feel inferior by their lectures . You don't know with what karam they came and when kirpa can happen so why be nasty and earn a black mark on your own record ? I mean Sadhana was a kasai and then kirpa happened ...

the uncomfortable truth is the dairy industry is full of paap which is being earned by us who take benefit from it . Remember Kabir ji's words about earning the paap of the goat's murder for eating his flesh , we earn the paap of the murder of the male calfs , the distress of the mother, the repeated mistreatment, the pain, the early death , so unless we have milk from khalsa ethical farm I wouldn't want have it :

Guest Jacfsing2
7 hours ago, Preeet said:

If there is something that I cannot eat in the name of God, I will for sure not eat it. So there goes your argument! & why are there no meat in the Sri Langar Sahib ji????

Equality is the policy of Langar, something we as Sikhs forget is although our religion is the Gates to Sach Khand, all human individuals are equal. This ban on meat, allows all of humanity to truly enter with brotherhood to sit down as equals and cut their divisions. 

Guest Jacfsing2
3 hours ago, CEO said:

I keep seeing the word "daas", what does it mean?

Daas means servant, when someone says it they are referring to themselves. In Gurbani you may see the word Daas used a lot, (like the last line in Kirtan Sohila). Hopefully that answers your question.

Guest Jacfsing2
3 hours ago, Preeet said:

Okay, but people can just say 'no thank you' to the meat and accept other offerings?? Some people do not eat anything oily or anything sweet, and so they politely decline in the Sri Langar Sahib ji. What I am trying to say is that meat is banned for a reason and it is because it does not fall in lines with:

ਮਨ ਤਨ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਗੋਪਾਲ ॥
मन तन अंतरि सिमरन गोपाल ॥
Man ṯan anṯar simran gopāl.
Within his mind and body, he meditates in remembrance on the Lord of the Universe.

ਸਭ ਊਪਰਿ ਹੋਵਤ ਕਿਰਪਾਲ ॥
सभ ऊपरि होवत किरपाल ॥
Sabẖ ūpar hovaṯ kirpāl.
He is kind to all creatures.

ਆਪਿ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੈ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ॥
आपि द्रिड़ै अवरह नामु जपावै ॥
Āp ḏariṛai avrah nām japāvai.
He holds fast to the Naam, and inspires others to chant it.

ਨਾਨਕ ਓਹੁ ਬੈਸਨੋ ਪਰਮ ਗਤਿ ਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥
नानक ओहु बैसनो परम गति पावै ॥२॥
Nānak oh baisno param gaṯ pāvai. ||2||
O Nanak, such a Vaishnaav obtains the supreme status. ||2||

Daas was never arguing on the topic of the meat, and nor wants to engage in this meat debate. Read the bottom quote to understand a legit view on it. If people can waste so much time on this; they probably don't have any idea how to make time productive.

3 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The topic wasted many pages arguing about something that there won't be an answer to, Daas is sure there are better ways to spend this time.