Budha Dal Is Punjva Takht, Chalda Vaheer

After doing some reading, there is no doubt in my mind that Shiromani Panth Akali Budha Dal is Punjva(5th) Takht, Chalda Vaheer.

Damdama Sahib, talwandi sabo is not 5th takht.

every one knew this I thought, since DamDami Taksal was only declared takht in recent times by SGPC resolution following resolution 789 in 1960 and a report the Taksal was named as fifth takht on 18th November 1966. Thus disregarding chalda vaheer's 250 year plus status . The Taksal was supposed to only be 'minting' new learned gursikhs through santhiya , vichar and abhiyaas not being engaged in political games . Today even the fake jathedar of Akal Takht has lost ground as people are able to access historical knowledge through digital means and question the status quo.

The 5th Takht was a political ploy by the SGPC mahants to undermine the authority and position of Buddha Dal.

The anti panthic SGPC and it's control over Sikh institutions is a direct result of the short sighted British backed Singh Sabha crew thinking that the voting system is better than the traditional Khalsa system of selection.

Guest Jacfsing2

every one knew this I thought, since DamDami Taksal was only declared takht in recent times by SGPC resolution following resolution 789 in 1960 and a report the Taksal was named as fifth takht on 18th November 1966. Thus disregarding chalda vaheer's 250 year plus status . The Taksal was supposed to only be 'minting' new learned gursikhs through santhiya , vichar and abhiyaas not being engaged in political games . Today even the fake jathedar of Akal Takht has lost ground as people are able to access historical knowledge through digital means and question the status quo.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh, there is a difference between Damdama Sahib and Damdami Taksal, both also have different locations.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh, there is a difference between Damdama Sahib and Damdami Taksal, both also have different locations.

Bro , I may be naive but the Taksal is based on the dharti of Talwandi Sabo i.e. DamDama Sahib ji thus I held no diff in my mind , sure the institution is not the takht in the same sense that Chalda Vaheer has no anchor point but more like Akal Takht or the other takhts tied a location.

The Sikh Panth has come to accept Sri Damdama Sahib as the Panjwa Takht. And no one including Nihangs are bigger than the Sikh Panth. Before there were only 4 Takhts. Later on sometime during the modern era or 20th century the Nihangs began to self proclaim themselves as a "takht", no puratan source says Nihangs are a Takht. Now the Sarbat Khalsa which the Nihangs also attended has chosen Bhai Baljit Singh Daduwal as the Jathadar of Takht Shri Damdama Sahib aka Panjwa Takht.

There are a lot of things a few Nihang Singhs claim that have no historical sources or basis. Such things I think are modern inventions. I think modern youth who buy too much into this and promote it are the Sikh jatha equivalent of hipsters but at least hipsters don't lack sources...

Suniya sunaiya gallan isn't enough to be classified as a source. Not sure why some people feel the need to do that when Nihang Singhs have a great puratan recorded history why buy into recent stories?

guys honestly I would hold back on the criticism: think about it, the jathedar of the budha dal was also the jathedar looking after akal takht it was His duty. Baba Deep Singh ji was jathedar of Taksal and also of shaheed misl . I am not sure but he must have thought it his responsibility as he lead his men to gain back control of Harmandir Sahib . After this they must have had nihangs/khalsa posted at the bungey if not at the takht itself . Otherwise how could anyone have to remove them from the Akal Takht? It would be a stretch to award Damdama sahib takht status on the back of its first jathedar.

The Sikh Panth has come to accept Sri Damdama Sahib as the Panjwa Takht. And no one including Nihangs are bigger than the Sikh Panth. Before there were only 4 Takhts. Later on sometime during the modern era or 20th century the Nihangs began to self proclaim themselves as a "takht", no puratan source says Nihangs are a Takht. Now the Sarbat Khalsa which the Nihangs also attended has chosen Bhai Baljit Singh Daduwal as the Jathadar of Takht Shri Damdama Sahib aka Panjwa Takht.

there has to be a moving takht.

If we believe in 5 stationary takhts, there will be problem. We will need to open new takhts in Europe, America,Canada,Australia,kenya etc etc.