Some Home Truths

Guest jagsaw singh

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re; the 'Young Sikh Convert severely beaten' thread on the main page:   The main subsequent point is, as 'muscleman' quite rightly pointed out, the fact that the young man clearly has neither a "broken arm' nor "2 broken legs". This in turns begs the question why so many of our organisations (good and decent organisations) feel the incessant need to exaggerate all the time. Exaggerate to such a degree that the thing they're saying becomes a lie.

The real issue that the thread throws up then, is the fact that we, as a community, are already at a stage where wider society an especially the Indian media ignore our claims because they feel the Sikhs have an inherent ability to make things out to be worse than they they are. When our organisations do things that perpetuate that stereotype we need to pull them up on it. Up until now, everybody on that thread except 'muscleman' has pretended that he or she just doesn't see the obvious untruth in the thread title claim and continued to post messages displaying their disgust at the '2 broken legs and arms of a young man'. If we, as a community, are going to keep letting our organisations lie and exaggerate at will, it means we are giving them the green light to keep doing so. With that comes the reputation as a community that continuously cries wolf. With that tag, we will forever be losers and never winners in the battle for hearts and minds.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re; the 'Sikhism on Vegan' thread on the main page:

JKV London said:    

Guru Granth Sahib has said all food is pavittar , given to all according to their needs ...without naam and being aghirtghan we eat that which we have polluted with our own bad thoughts and actions . Let not fight about what is pure and not to eat, but strive to improve our levels of bhagti and gratitude  and do ardas that we rise above our swaad ras ...

That, is the classic line that meat eaters give, partly to detract attention from their own flesh eating habits and partly to make themselves feel spiritually better about having a habit of eating corpses.

Thanatos said: 

Soo are vegans fine using computers since they're made using animal products? are they willing to give up the internet as well then? How about medicine? 

Vegans don't eat computers.  Computers are made for spreadsheets and surfing the web.  Medicines are made for eating. Waheguru didn't create animals for you to kill them, skin them, cut them into pieces and eat them. He created an abundance of other things to fulfill that purpose of your existence.

Thanatos then went on to say:

I've noticed alot of people claiming they do it out of Daya and compassion (not drinking milk) but the use of animal products in other every day items should also be something they can easily give up. But most don't, Guru Sahib taught us not to be hypocrites as well. There's no point creating a song and dance about how you've given this up and that if you can't give up things even less important than milk.

Belts and shoes are made for wearing. They are not made for eating. 2 totally different things.  As for milk, you, as a human, were made to drink your mother's milk. Not the milk of some other animal. No human was designed to drink the milk of another species. In fact, apart from we humans, there is no other animal on earth that will drink the milk of another species. Waheguru designed that other specie's milk to feed that species baby. He didn't design the earth so that you can come along and drag away that species that has just given birth while it cries for it's baby, straps machines to it while it cries for it's baby, and milk it to death just so that you can enjoy a glass of milk. All of that goes against the laws of nature. None of the above has any resemblence to putting on a leather belt to hold one's pants up. Unless, of course, one is in the habit of eating one's belt for dinner.

bro , nice try but my point was arguing about substances which is maya  above thinking about conduct thoughts and actions  is upside down . I don't eat maas and I don't care what others choose for themselves because they are piling up pain for themselves , sure I can suggest be deep thinkers and not just plump for easy option ... but the truth is most meat eating sikhs don't even consider the prohibition on kosher/halal/bali style meats their desire to eat rules .

Sikhs are made to improve and make the world better place for all and if we can create khalsa ethics based farming (organic) and Dairy (natural insemination, fixed number of pregnancies well spaced out, mother child bonding and retirement to pasture ) it will be great for this country and any others who take it up . I have seen up close how my Nani ji treated animals and I think she took it as a sewa done with much love , eating after making sure they were fed first 'just because they cannot speak doesn't mean we treat them badly or lesser , they too are Akal Purakh's jia.' 

I am predominately vegan now as dairy eating causes my fingers to seize up and also I do not want to add to the misery  of those poor animals... if I find an ethical dairy then I may consider it for sourcing butter to make ghee for Karah .

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re; the "Wife of Devout British Sikh Murders her Husband in India" thread on the main page:

I notice from India news reports that the 2 had only been married for 4 years. I also notice from the photographs that the 2 children are quite obviously alot older than 4 years old. This means she isn't actually the mother of those children so there is perhaps a little more to this story than meets the eye as in the fact that this man based his decision on who he was going to live with and raise his children purely on looks and 'trophy wife' criteria rather than who was actually morally good.

The second point I would like to raise is that parcharaks and preachers that instruct people to grow their beard long and become amritdhari need to be a lot more responsible and understand the impact it has on a marriage and family unit. To instruct one half of a marriage to become amritdhari whilst the other is clearly not even a bit inclined towards that path is clearly the death nail of a marriage. Not least because one of the rules is that there can no longer be sexual relations between the two. This marriage was always doomed but I don't think anyone could have predicted such a violent and painfull end.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jagsaw-Singh

Re; the 'Leamington Gurdwara police invasion' thread on the main page:.      I had a telephone call and email from the Inspector in charge of the investigation into the complaints wanting to know if I was there on the day. I told them in no uncertain terms that it was none of their business where I was and they should worry less about me and worry more about the fact that the force has a Gold Commander that has less knowledge about the Law as it stands with various UK communities than an average UK 10 year old who, after school visits to 'Sikh temples', knows the right in Law that Sikhs have to wear the Kirpan. And there you have it: Great Britain: The country so uneducated and stupid that even the enforcers of Law don't know the Law!!!             But, as 99% of you proved on that thread, there is only one thing more I'll-informed, uneducated and self-destructive than a UK policeman, and that one thing is a UK Sikh. The racist media and the anti-sikh Indians try to distort the actual issue by claiming that Sikhs are anti-black and anti-White racists with views about inter-racial marriage that belong in 1960s Missisipi but instead of showing the world that our one and only issue is about the holy Anand Karaj ceremony 99% of you on that main thread give our enemies exactly the sort of ammunition they were hoping for by going on about racist inter-racial relationships etc. We don't need enemies when we have people like you guys on our side.                                     Re; the 'Taming of new wife' thread on the main page: .                It's only a joke but the joke itself and the subsequent replies show a complete lack of knowledge and understanding of Punjab 2016. Being married to a girl from a village I can state categorically that they are the most violent and viscous females known to man. You do not and cannot force or tame them into doing anything. The multitude of well-publicised murders they have committed over the last 10 years is testament to that fact.   Besides, as they come from a background psyche and culture of them going out to work and the housework being shared the 'joke' itself doesn't work in a Punjabi setting. The urban 'city' Punjabi female on the other hand comes from a culture which states that her function is to stay at home and do the housework rather than go out and work. Thus, like I said, the 'joke' itself makes no sense at all in a Punjabi setting.  In addition, when one adds to the equation the fact that Indian newspapers are full of stories of these 'city' wives in Punjab being murdered and set on fire by husbands and one-laws while the violent village girls are famous for doing killings, the replies to that nonsense joke thread reveal even more just how ill-informed, uneducated and ignorant of basic knowledge the vast majority of you are

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re; the 'Sunny Hundal on Mixed Marriages' thread on the main page:

The first thing I will say is read my previous message above this one.

The second thing I will say is don't use Sunny Hundal for your own shortcomings when a thousand and one other (i.e 100%) of newspaper columnists have said exactly the same thing and portrayed we as the bad guys.

The third, and most important point is that you should all take a good long hard look at yourselves and examine the part you play in ensuring we Sikhs stay as a gulaam of India and a gulaam in terms of international media relations:    Time and again we Sikhs tell all and sundry we have absolutely no issue whatsoever with who any human wishes to marry....fall in love with....date.....marry. Thats their business, not ours. The only thing we say is that such a marriage, if its between a Sikh and a non-sikh, belongs in a civil marriage registry office.  This is an argument and point of view that in theory would cause us no controversy in the media and will supply our enemies with no ammunition against us, not least because no non-muslim can marry in a Mosque, no non-Jew can marry in a Synagogue and no non-Christian can marry in a church unless and untill the non-christian half sings a desposition promising that that he/she will allow the children of the marriage to practice Christianity freely as their main and only faith.  So, all in all, quite a simple issue 'till now. But 'now' is when you guys come along and throw a spanner (wrench) in the works. You post message after message in the original thread about Sikh "girls" marrying black men, muslims and white men etc and how its a crying shame on our demographics and then you're surprised and outraged when Sunny Hundal and 100% of the other newspaper article writers find it easy to portray you and I as racists with a mentality that belongs in America's deep south of the 1960's.

Take a good look at yourself and understand the part you played in our downfall.

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re the: 'For Uk Sikhs: How Common are Sikh/Muslim Relationships in the UK' ?:

Having lived in both Canada and the UK I am well placed to answer this. The answer is that the UK sikh girls with Muslim men problem is only about 10% of the massive Sikh girls with Christian men problem in Canada. Our (UK) sikh girl with muslim men problem is probably at about the same level of the sikh girls with muslim men problem in the greater Toronto area, particularly Mississauga.

The thing you need to remember when forming your opinions about the state of  problems in the UK is the fact that the UK Sikhs, unlike the Canadian and American Sikhs, are notoriously pessimistic and negative. They have a great tendancy to exagerate.

• 1 month later...
On 06/10/2016 at 7:23 AM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

Re the: 'For Uk Sikhs: How Common are Sikh/Muslim Relationships in the UK' ?:

Having lived in both Canada and the UK I am well placed to answer this. The answer is that the UK sikh girls with Muslim men problem is only about 10% of the massive Sikh girls with Christian men problem in Canada. Our (UK) sikh girl with muslim men problem is probably at about the same level of the sikh girls with muslim men problem in the greater Toronto area, particularly Mississauga.

The thing you need to remember when forming your opinions about the state of  problems in the UK is the fact that the UK Sikhs, unlike the Canadian and American Sikhs, are notoriously pessimistic and negative. They have a great tendancy to exagerate.

So it's not common then? I live in the GTA and I it's not common here. So it's exaggerated in the UK?

40 minutes ago, canadianguest5 said:

So it's not common then? I live in the GTA and I it's not common here. So it's exaggerated in the UK?

You have been trolling this site.  No one cares where you pretend to live.  Grooming of girls is taking place at a higher rate than ever in Canada.  You are a creep.  Authorities can be made aware of you in a flash.

18 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

You have been trolling this site.  No one cares where you pretend to live.  Grooming of girls is taking place at a higher rate than ever in Canada.  You are a creep.  Authorities can be made aware of you in a flash.

I'm not trolling. Where in Canada does it happen? I spoke to the SAS if they had offices in Canada to volunteer, but they never replied to me.

• The topic was locked