Shaheedi Degh Is The Best Medicine In The World!

b60a1379c0256b03861910accb824641.jpg

We as a punjabi community have one big weakness.

Instead of doing proper research and analysis about a subject, we quickly form opinions and most of the times these opinions are extreme in nature.

Shaheedi degh is made by a special process.(salotar and sunehra) and only 5 cannabis leaves are put( I know in most places nihangs overdo the number of leaves and this needs to be corrected).

I have had shaheedi degh couple of times and from personal experience I am 100% sure that Shaheedi Degh if made with proper maryada and right amount of cannabis leaves is the best medicine in the world.

Guest Jacfsing2

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh, How is Shaheedi Degh different from medical marijuana that you can get from a doctor? Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

It was a common household drink for everyone be it Sikh Hindu or Muslim before Britishers came to us and said drink tea its good. You might not know even during the times of Maharaja Ranjeet singh they use to distribute free tea at Anandpur sahib during holla mahala.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh, How is Shaheedi Degh different from medical marijuana that you can get from a doctor? Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Many people smoke cannabis and that can be very harmful. Nihangs take cannabis in solid form. Moreover they do raggraa of cannabis leaves(with the help of salotar and sunehra) and this raggraa decreases the nashaaa in the leaves and increases the medicinal power of the leaves.

The process by which Nihangs make shaheedi degh is unique. Other communities do take cannabis but their process is different.

It was a common household drink for everyone be it Sikh Hindu or Muslim before Britishers came to us and said drink tea its good. You might not know even during the times of Maharaja Ranjeet singh they use to distribute free tea at Anandpur sahib during holla mahala.

The process by which Nihangs make shaheedi degh is unique. Other communities do take cannabis but their process is different.

Many people feel that Shaheedi degh is made by cannabis plant only.

Shaheedi degh has 2 versions. One with cannabis(sukhnidhan) and one with poppy(chatardharaa).

According to granth 'Khalsa Dharam Shaastar'

Guru Gobind Singh ordered to take intoxicants to remove sadness. The quantity of ‘Chhatar-dhara’ (opium) and ‘Sukhnidhaan’ was fixed.

Poppy plant also has many medicinal values.

download_3.jpg

Very soon the pro vegetarian anti jhatka anti Sukh nidaan modern era post Anglo Sikh wars non authentic jathas will arrive on this thread to vigorously deny Sikhs ever used cannabis and poppy seeds.... They will be most angry with they're blunt kirpanas, they may even attempt to hunt you down for suggesting Sikhs ever partook in such activities...they may even try and beat you up with their spinning in the air coordinated bhangra stick dance aka gatka

lol

Very soon the pro vegetarian anti jhatka anti Sukh nidaan modern era post Anglo Sikh wars non authentic jathas will arrive on this thread to vigorously deny Sikhs ever used cannabis and poppy seeds.... They will be most angry with they're blunt kirpanas, they may even attempt to hunt you down for suggesting Sikhs ever partook in such activities...they may even try and beat you up with their spinning in the air coordinated bhangra stick dance aka gatka

You make an interesting point. I wonder how many more of the rough edges (not necessarily "bad" because true followers and propagators of Sikhi have acquitted themselves with honour and integrity throughout history) of the Sikh faith have been chiselled away by the so-called moral guardians of the faith in order to make it palatable to the masses? It's quite devious when you think about it, but not surprising when you consider most organised religions have undergone subtle changes since their inception.

You make an interesting point. I wonder how many more of the rough edges (not necessarily "bad" because true followers and propagators of Sikhi have acquitted themselves with honour and integrity throughout history) of the Sikh faith have been chiselled away by the so-called moral guardians of the faith in order to make it palatable to the masses? It's quite devious when you think about it, but not surprising when you consider most organised religions have undergone subtle changes since their inception.

funny thing is the 'self-appointed' moral guardians were preaching to a higher moral stance people about becoming modern and slack ... Whilst I have not eaten meat since age 10 and never have had herbal level mixtures I am aware through my studies and profession the benefits of them and the risks , I would never discount using them if the extreme need came .