Sikh Youth Stabs Woman With Kirpan

singh598

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/crime/2016/07/01/sikh-who-stabbed-woman-with-ceremonial-dagger-in-neighbour-dispute-is-jailed-for-six-years/

Kalli-Rae Lavin almost lost a leg after being knifed twice while kicking out in a bid to stop Dilraj Sihota from attacking her, a judge heard.

She had just got into a Renault Clio outside the shop where she worked in Hawes Close, Walsall, when she saw the 22-year-old, Wolverhampton Crown Court was told.

“She screamed, ‘He is coming, he has got a knife,” revealed Mr Lal Amarasinghe, prosecuting. Sihota pulled open the car door and Miss Lavin later told police: “It was only because I kicked out that he got my leg and not my neck or body.”

“The defendant had been heard to repeatedly shout: “I am going to kill her,” continued the prosecutor. Sihota ran away from the scene but was quickly found hiding in the front garden of his home in nearby West Bromwich Road, where Miss Lavin also lived.

The two families had been involved in a long running feud before the allegedly ‘chance’ meeting after the victim finished work on the evening of April 14.

The victim was in hospital for four-and-a-half weeks and has had five operations requiring more than 100 stitches after complications with the wounds that included a blood clot ‘the size of a lemon’ that led to warnings the leg might have to be amputated, concluded Mr Amarasinghe.

Mr Timothy Raggatt QC, defending Sihota, said: “He grossly misused something that is perfectly legitimate for Sikh men to carry but this attack that lasted only moments. This was a chance meeting. Something prompted what happened but what he did was out of all proportion to whatever had been said or gestured. This was an episode of madness.”

Sihota pleaded guilty to wounding with intent and possession of a bladed article and was sent to prison by Recorder Benjamin Nicholls who also imposed a restraining order banning him from any contact with the victim.

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/news/crime/2016/07/01/sikh-who-stabbed-woman-with-ceremonial-dagger-in-neighbour-dispute-is-jailed-for-six-years/#r8xBIGM0cfKFqQW2.99

Guest Jacfsing2

Stop spreading these Manmat stories about the Kakkars! We don't even know the full story and you are already picking a side. Worst thing that could happen is this entire thing is a big lie; (people already got brainwashed from too much t.v. when some Singhs were playing with their Kirpans in the Akal Takht a few years ago; even though nobody died). Daas makes a Benti not to disrespect the Kakkars, by posting these things.

If he is at fault, this should be a message to all Sikhs to never use Kakaar in a personal dispute and if he is indeed at fault he deserves the sentence 100%. The Kirpan is a gift from Guru Sahib to use to do jhatka of dushts - protect others and yourself from harm as a last resort after all diplomatic means failed and your life or other individual's lives are in danger.

Sikh council in UK should look into this issue and take control of narrative early on.

Guest Jacfsing2

If he is at fault, this should be a message to all Sikhs to never use Kakaar in a personal dispute and if he is indeed at fault he deserves the sentence 100%. The Kirpan is a gift from Guru Sahib to use to do jhatka of dushts - protect others and yourself from harm as a last resort after all diplomatic means failed and your life or other individual's lives are in danger.

Sikh council in UK should look into this issue and take control of narrative early on.

Where Daas is from; the concept of innocent until proven guilty is still alive; and the person is allowed to appeal their decision; especially in cases like this one; where the judge is clearly discriminating him for no reason other than he happened to have a Kirpan. The injuries could have come from anything; maybe the woman doesn't like Sikhs either especially with the whole Brexit issue. Daas strongly recommends, "To Kill a Mockingbird", where any innocent black man was put to death because of racists trying to get their way.

Where Daas is from; the concept of innocent until proven guilty is still alive; and the person is allowed to appeal their decision; especially in cases like this one; where the judge is clearly discriminating him for no reason other than he happened to have a Kirpan. The injuries could have come from anything; maybe the woman doesn't like Sikhs either especially with the whole Brexit issue. Daas strongly recommends, "To Kill a Mockingbird", where any innocent black man was put to death because of racists trying to get their way.

I'm from California bro, but I assumed he was guilty considering what is written and how the Judge already served the sentence.

We should acknowledge that we can sometimes get hotheaded and judging from the names perhaps the neighbors wanted the Singh to use the Kirpan, but that just shows even more that he definitely shouldn't have...

Guest Jacfsing2

I'm from California bro, but I assumed he was guilty considering what is written and how the Judge already served the sentence.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! We have the Bill Of Rights to hopefully prevent us from being wrongfully accused; (which Daas believes is happening around with this Singh), but that doesn't stop the fact that people have been wrongfully accused in the past before for random stuff. The bigger question is why any Singh or Kaur want to disgrace any of the Kakkars? Why would any Sikh want to create tyranny; (which this article written by a Non-Sikh is implying)? Also finally; how can anyone who does any Bhagti think in the terms of negatively for anyone? Mix all of these together with the Brexit issue and increased, "open", racism; and you see that all the puzzles come together. Whenever Daas thinks, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru; how could i seek to be a bully to anyone, (since the writer clearly thinks that Sikhs could even in their right mind of Simran think of any innocent in the wrong eyes). If anyone can explain to Daas why any Sikh who Jaaps the Gurmantar to the best of their ability; how they can create negativity in the world? Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

• 5 months later...

This guy has done biggest bezti of Sikh religion and brought the sacred Kakkars into disrepute.

it is never justified for a man to attack a woman with physical violence 

jacfsingh comments r shocking 

when it becomes common knowledge that Sikhs are fighting in Gurdwaras and using Kirpaan for personal disputes and not self defence then politicians will act to ban the Kirpaan 

Preachers are to blame for giving naive kids Amrit Sanchaar 

Uk Sikh groups have done or achieved NIL besides from nice photos with MPS and pardaans

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, singh598 said:

What did I say wrong? Daas said how can any Sikh think negatively for anyone, when our faith has always been Sarbat Da Bhalla? Also there is a chance that this Sikh was wrongfully accused of a crime cause the judge and everyone involved in trying to work the justice for this Sikh is slightly a religionist, (one who hates religion).

1 hour ago, singh598 said:

This guy has done biggest bezti of Sikh religion and brought the sacred Kakkars into disrepute.

it is never justified for a man to attack a woman with physical violence 

when it becomes common knowledge that Sikhs are fighting in Gurdwaras and using Kirpaan for personal disputes and not self defence then politicians will act to ban the Kirpaan 

Preachers are to blame for giving naive kids Amrit Sanchaar 

Uk Sikh groups have done or achieved NIL besides from nice photos with MPS and pardaans

why you bringing up old news that was posted back in july? you waited 4 months or so to respond to him? whats wrong with you

Anyways in regards to the kirpan being used well as we all know by now the kirpans in most countries are as blunt as a butter knife these days. The jailed guy could have used a sharpened pencil which would have been a more effective and more injurious weapon than the kirpan of today.

In terms of what he did we dont know what exactly lead to him using it but from some articles I read at the time the white woman was racist against his family and had attacked them on many occasions and things came to a head where there was a physical fight going on and he lost his cool and used it. I think most of us if we were wearing a kirpan could have done the same if it was the nearest tool we had to defend our mother and ourselves if we were attacked by some vile mad racist white girl.