Sikh Asked To Leave Wimbledon Queue

Guest Jacfsing2

I hope the Singh comes out and clarifies the "behaviour" that supposedly was making people uncomfortable. If it's revealed that they lied in order to lend justification to his ejection, they should be shamed and lambasted in the media. Disgraceful.

Wearing a Pagri? Kirpan?

Wearing a Pagri? Kirpan?

Might be. The tone and subtext of the statement seemed to imply that the Singh was doing or saying something that set people off. If he was singled out by virtue of his appearance and nothing more, then that statement should be revealed to be a deliberate distortion designed to shift the blame onto the Singh simply for existing.

Now is not the time for the Singh to be a wallflower and turn shy. He needs to clarify what exactly happened, and then identify the goreh who saw fit to confront him.

Guest Jacfsing2

Might be. The tone and subtext of the statement seemed to imply that the Singh was doing or saying something that set people off. If he was singled out by virtue of his appearance and nothing more, then that statement should be revealed to be a deliberate distortion designed to shift the blame onto the Singh simply for existing.

Now is not the time for the Singh to be a wallflower and turn shy. He needs to clarify what exactly happened, and then identify the goreh who saw fit to confront him.

This was what Daas found directly in the article: "He has previously been warned about his conduct in The Queue on up to six separate occasions during this years Championships." Nothing seems to be explained enough though, and whether he was even told about what he did wrong previously. Not enough details to judge what's going on.

This was what Daas found directly in the article: "He has previously been warned about his conduct in The Queue on up to six separate occasions during this years Championships." Nothing seems to be explained enough though, and whether he was even told about what he did wrong previously. Not enough details to judge what's going on.

Sounds ominous. I wonder if he was saying something in Punjabi, or generally playing the fool as some Singhs have an unfortunate habit of doing.

Guest Jacfsing2

Sounds ominous. I wonder if he was saying something in Punjabi, or generally playing the fool as some Singhs have an unfortunate habit of doing.

If he was playing an i-d-i-o-t; then all Daas has to say is he's a lost cause, but what Daas hate is half-written articles; regardless who it's positive for. It would be easier if they mentioned what the other six issues were; so it doesn't seem like a racist cause of something.

that was when mcenroe called him a liar when he called out ...I remember the hooha in the newspapers and the statement that Mcenroe was in the wrong questioning the veracity of a sikh as they are not meant to lie according to their faith. Sad to see how far we have fallen in people's eyes since ...

http://indiaempire.com/v2/magazine/2005/mar/raghbir-mhajan.asp