Why Banda Singh Bahadur Kingdom Ended?

Guest Jacfsing2

Guest Jacfsing2

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Something Daas wanted to know was how exactly from Banda Singh Bahadur having a kingdom and freeing Sirhind; was he forced to live in the jungles? Daas tried searching for an answer, but found very little details. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Guest Jacfsing2

Banda Singh Bahadur had no kingdom as he wasn't a king. The anti-Sikh notion of a monarchy wouldn't infect/spoil the Sikhs until much later.

Baba Ji minted his own coins but the proto-state he created was not really a proper nation, something which is coherent and functioning. It's life was too short for it to establish its authority in any real way , and it lacked an actual government to preside over laws, justice or politics, mainly because Banda Singh Bahadur was constantly on the move, never remaining long enough in one place to establish a new order. Once he liberated a settlement he would proclaim a governor then quickly move on to take the battle elsewhere. Let's be realistic, this is not what a nation looks like, this was a rebellion and Baba Ji was a rebel leader, not a king or ruler. When we acknowledge this it becomes much easier to answer your question and comprehend how he was forced to live in the jungles - this is something you might expect of rebels.

The dominion of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur was a tract of land which existed outside the authority of the Mughal Empire, and in a protracted state of guerilla conflict. It laid the foundation for the later Sikh kingdoms, but it can't be called one itself.

Thanks; that seems to make sense

There is no sikh historic granth written in 18th century or before that praises banda bahadur. Suraj Parkash granth even compared banda bahadur to Abdali and claimed he wanted to be Guru. Same reference can be found in Prachin Panth Parkash of Rattan Singh Bhangu.

These Dushats are Rattan Singh Bhangu writer of Panth Parkash grandson of Mehtab Singh who killed Massa rangar and ‘Kavi Churamani’ Bhai Santokh Singh ji whose 2 Granths Nanak Parkash and Suraj Parkashs katha is done every day in all Gurdwaras around the globe. They might be RSS agents who knows.

And one of the very first person in punjab to write glories of Banda Bahadar was gujrati aray samaji dayanand saraswati who was also the writer of book "sikh hindu hai".

Where did that dusht dayanand write praise of Baba Ji? You are confusing him with Parmanand an Arya Samaji who wrote a book called Banda Bairagi or something like that. And the reason he wrote praise of him was because Sikhs had foolishly disowned Baba Banda Singh Bahadur (who in my opinion was one of the greatest Sikhs ever). So Punjabi Hindus who had no historical hero of their own started to steal our historical heroes like Baba Banda Singh Bahadur as their own. This guy Parmanand was the first of a long line of authors to write lies like saying Baba ji did not take Amrit and remained a Hindu and that it was a Hindu who gave the Sikhs freedom from the Mughals.

I might be confusing the name thanks for correcting me up. My concern is not what Banda Bahadur did. My concern is why great sikh scholars of 17 th and 18 th century didnt wrote what we are reading today.

Kavi Santokh Singh writes that when Mata ji wrote letter to Banda Bahadur to stop after he conquered Sirhand. Banda Bahadar ignored and wrote back he is not sikh anymore but a bairagi. After this Tat khalsa left and stop giving him any military support and shifted their base to Amritsar Sahib where as Banda Bahdaur shifted to gurdas nangal. I am not saying it its written in our historic granths.