Why Banda Singh Bahadur Kingdom Ended?

Guest Jacfsing2

You have still not answered my question why did baba Deep Singh left banda bahadur ?

Why did when Baba Deep Singh heard about beadbi of Harimander Sahib traveled around 180 Km with handful of sikhs but didnt went to help Banda Bahadur when he was just around 70 Km away and Baba ji had around 5000 singhs with him stationed at Amritsar Sahib.

When did he "leave" him? This is the first I have heard this. Can you give a date for when this occured?

When the Mughal emperor came to Punjab with the full might of the Mughal army he scattered the Sikh warriors all over Punjab. Gurdas Nangal was surrounded by Mughals. It was impossible for Sikhs to go into the Fort. This is called siege warfare where a Fort is completely sealed from the outside world.

You are clutching at straws in order to defend a collaborator of the Mughals. Baba Banda Singh Bahadur died the most glorious Shaheedi as a faithful GurSikh. Among the Gupt Shaheed Fauj he is highly ranked. This is confirmed that even Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale had Darshan of Shaheed Baba Banda Bahadur who was with other Shaheed Singhs that also included Shaheed Baba Deep Singh ji.

Baba Deep singh faught with Banda Bahadur in battle of Sirhand and Sadhaura before shifting to Amritsar with Baba Binod Singh. Google can help

Google what? Tell me, what are the historic sources saying Baba Deep Singh jee abandoned Baba Banda Singh Bahadur? If you want to believe google that says that Baba Deep Singh jee was close to a collaborator of the Mughals who got Jagir for abandoning Singhs and then saves his own son then go ahead. I will believe Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale over you and Google because Sant jee was the head of Baba Deep Singh jis Taksal and have had received divine Darshan of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur along with Baba Deep Singh ji together.

Ok provide me a written (book) or recorded authentic taksali source (not some random website) which says Baba Gurbachan singh got darshans of Banda Bahadur and I will not debate on this topic again.

Ok provide me a written (book) or recorded authentic taksali source (not some random website) which says Baba Gurbachan singh got darshans of Banda Bahadur and I will not debate on this topic again.

go to Gurmat Veechar. Under Katha of Sant Hari Singh Randhawawale listen to track number 17 about Khalsa raaj called Raj Karega Khalsa

Forward to 46 minutes onward to listen.

Ok I will search for it download and listen to it.

But let me again clear my stance on banda bhadur so that we are on the same page of discussion he started as a sikh and died as a sikh but years after sirhand fateh till he was captured he didnt behaved as a sikh in between.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Criticism_of_Banda_Singh_Bahadur

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Bandai_Khalsa

Ok I will search for it download and listen to it.

But let me again clear my stance on banda bhadur so that we are on the same page of discussion he started as a sikh and died as a sikh but years after sirhand fateh till he was captured he didnt behaved as a sikh in between.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Criticism_of_Banda_Singh_Bahadur

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Bandai_Khalsa

Yes you are right according to the lies spread by Binod singh about this great shaheed. Binod singh spread these lies in order to justify his own treason. All of these criticisms have been answered by Dr Ganda Singh in his book.

The way Baba Banda Singh Bahadur attained Shaheedi is the agni pariksha that proved beyond a doubt who is the true Sikh of Guru Gobind Singh jee and binod singh's collaboration with the mughals is proof of his double face. Baba Banda Singh Bahadur followed the the example set by Guru Gobind Singh jee and sacrificed his own son for the Panth while binod singh used his influence with his Mughal allies to free his son while all the other 700 Singhs attained shaheedi.

No wonder Sant jee had Darshan of Baba ji who was with Baba Deep Singh ji, Bhai Taru Singh jee and another great brahmgiani Shaheed Singh whose name I don't remember right now. This is the the high status of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur in the divine Dargah. Doing Nindya of a Brahmgiani is Maha Paap. Just think, if you are wrong about Baba Ji, how much Paap you have put on yourself by doing his Nindya like this.

• 5 months later...

I am in the middle of reading Panth Prakash, Vol. 1

Can anyone add to this discussion? My question is, what does the rise and fall of Banda Singh Bahadur symbolic of? Why did the 10th Guru want the story to happen the way it did?

Also, are some of the controversial things mentioned, like preventing Muslims having cremations, crushing skulls of muslims etc, true?

7 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I am in the middle of reading Panth Prakash, Vol. 1

Can anyone add to this discussion? My question is, what does the rise and fall of Banda Singh Bahadur symbolic of? Why did the 10th Guru want the story to happen the way it did?

Also, are some of the controversial things mentioned, like preventing Muslims having cremations, crushing skulls of muslims etc, true?

Cremations are haram or against Muslim religions, so preventing Muslims having cremations was a kind thing....but u prolly meant the opposite that burying their dead was prevented and cremations were enforced.

As to symbolism of the rise and fall of Banda Singh there are many theories.

1. To prevent ppl from thinking of Banda Singh as the next Guru. He was only to punish dushts, free people, and then leave the world. 

2. The outside reflects the inside. The world is an illusion that your minds reality affects. So as long as Banda Singh was guru oriented and saw the hand of Guruji over his head, he was victorious. But (according to some accounts) as soon as Baba Banda Singh became mind oriented, conquering land oriented, he would start losing. So this teaches me the Guru doesnt care about sikh raaj, he cares about sikhi ideals. The Guru would let a kingdom fall, a successful rebellion crumble, and let evil win just to teach his sikhs a lesson in humility. To make sure his sikhs are fit for sikhi, fit for heaven. 

3. There could be more reasons, who knows gurus leela