What was Guru Ji's rational behind the commandment Sikh daughters should only be given to Sikhs for marriage?

genie

Main definitions of troll in English

troll1troll2

troll1

Pronunciation: /trɒl//trəʊl/

NOUN

• (in folklore) an ugly creature depicted as either a giant or a dwarf.

Example sentences
    Synonyms

Origin

Early 17th century: from Old Norse and Swedish troll, Danish trold. The first English use is from Shetland; the term was adopted more widely into English in the mid 19th century.

Pronunciation:

troll

/trɒl//trəʊl/

Main definitions of troll in English

troll1troll2

troll2

Pronunciation: /trɒl//trəʊl/

NOUN

• 1A person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

‘one solution is to make a troll's postings invisible to the rest of community once they've been recognized’

More example sentences
    1. 1.1A deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

Example sentences
  • 2A line or bait used in trolling for fish.

Example sentences
    Synonyms

VERB

[NO OBJECT]
  • 1Make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

‘if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you’

[with object] ‘you folks taking this opportunity to troll me, you really need to reassess your values in your life’
    More example sentences

in my opinion there are four trolls recently, and not difficult to figure out who they are. Mind games are being played by them and it's obvious in the writings who they are. 
    Figure it out for yourself peoples. 
    In my opinion, it's all an act of roles. 

8 hours ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

Thank you for your reply. Let me please clarify, at no point would I identify with the teacher who told you that that your child is half Brazilian and half sikh.. I find it difficult to understand why with the expression of the opinions I have made you could possibly think that.

I also had the same thought as JKV because of your fused references to interracial and interfaith. The two have nothing to do with one another from a Sikh perspective or any logical perspective. Race is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. You fuse this as part of a query but also as a lead up to a personal criticism of JKV. You needed to mention the two together but rather than own your thought you decide to say “some may call it...”. I was liking your open mindedness but all of us, including you and I, have our limits I guess.

I also feel that you haven't responded to the questions I actually asked. Which is your prerogative.

Absolutely it is her prerogative. Do you mean that?

But I have to ask if you would be so kind as to consider the actual specific question I posed?

Didn’t you just say it’s her prerogative? One sister justifying her personal life has zero probative value to the general question at hand. You’ve been courteous in many of your postings. Nice to see someone courteously pushing thought.  However, this is beyond an ad hominem attack. Perhaps it did not occur to you that pushing this query upon a sister as part of a criticism and asking her to justify her personal life on a public forum is distasteful. Asking nicely makes it more repulsive. In most cases, a woman’s  truth would put most men to shame for asking such questions. Regardless, it’s not for you or any of us to push.

JKV my apologies if I got in your way. I know you are a capable warrior with capable responses.

3 minutes ago, buddasingh said:

I also had the same thought as JKV because of your fused references to interracial and interfaith. The two have nothing to do with one another from a Sikh perspective or any logical perspective. Race is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. You fuse this as part of a query but also as a lead up to a personal criticism of JKV. You needed to mention the two together but rather than own your thought you decide to say “some may call it...”. I was liking your open mindedness but all of us, including you and I, have our limits I guess.

Absolutely it is her prerogative. Do you mean that?

Didn’t you just say it’s her prerogative? One sister justifying her personal life has zero probative value to the general question at hand. You’ve been courteous in many of your postings. Nice to see someone courteously pushing thought.  However, this is beyond an ad hominem attack. Perhaps it did not occur to you that pushing this query upon a sister as part of a criticism and asking her to justify her personal life on a public forum is distasteful. Asking nicely makes it more repulsive. In most cases, a woman’s  truth would put most men to shame for asking such questions. Regardless, it’s not for you or any of us to push.

JKV my apologies if I got in your way. I know you are a capable warrior with capable responses.

Agree 

Guest Jacfsing2
19 minutes ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

Its all getting a bit difficult, the problematic nature of topic uncovers contradictions, all the bile is broken down and can't stand up to rational discussion. Let's just shut it down

You started personally insulting people, such as @jkvlondon's personal life.

3 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

This above quoted poster with his post insulted the original poster and from here on other posters got upset.  Which they had every right to be.  

This was a good topic until this poster came along.  This guy needs to be put under quality control for his insults

Totally agree, this guy is just here to argue, not really open-minded