What was Guru Ji's rational behind the commandment Sikh daughters should only be given to Sikhs for marriage?

genie

4 minutes ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

Thanks for your kind words, I really don't think I'm asking for very much..  Please provide me with a reference to gurbani where it is proscribed.. Can you please provide me with the text you have read so that I can refer to it, study and learn from it.  To progress this conversation could you please supply me with the source reference and any translation you are using. This will help us understand whether in the first instance we can be sure to be talking about the same thing. I am not looking for for 'evidence' as you say but for your assertion to be qualified I would say it is pretty standard practice to provide references. I have the greatest respect for Guru Granth Sahib Ji and would never wish to misinterpret the divine words nor accuse any one else of. I think rather than make judgements about me let's go through the text you are using and let's talk about it. I think we are getting closer you have referred me to first laava can you please illustrate to me how the bani here proscribes interfaith marriage.

Right.....so having told u where it is written, u STILL cant force urself to simply google translations? U really need to b babysat thru this? Ridiculous, u probably cant bring urself to the truth and realisation.

ਹਰਿ ਪਹਿਲੜੀ ਲਾਵ ਪਰਵਿਰਤੀ ਕਰਮ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਇਆ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥

Har Pehilarree Laav Paravirathee Karam Dhrirraaeiaa Bal Raam Jeeo ||

हरि पहिलड़ी लाव परविरती करम द्रिड़ाइआ बलि राम जीउ ॥

In the first round of the marriage ceremony, the Lord sets out His Instructions for performing the daily duties of married life.

ਬਾਣੀ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਵੇਦੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਹੁ ਪਾਪ ਤਜਾਇਆ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥

Baanee Brehamaa Vaedh Dhharam Dhrirrahu Paap Thajaaeiaa Bal Raam Jeeo ||

बाणी ब्रहमा वेदु धरमु द्रिड़हु पाप तजाइआ बलि राम जीउ ॥

Instead of the hymns of the Vedas to Brahma, embrace the righteous conduct of Dharma, and renounce sinful actions.

ਧਰਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵਹੁ ਸਿਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਇਆ ॥

Dhharam Dhrirrahu Har Naam Dhhiaavahu Simrith Naam Dhrirraaeiaa ||

धरमु द्रिड़हु हरि नामु धिआवहु सिम्रिति नामु द्रिड़ाइआ ॥

Meditate on the Lord's Name; embrace and enshrine the contemplative remembrance of the Naam.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਆਰਾਧਹੁ ਸਭਿ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥

Sathigur Gur Pooraa Aaraadhhahu Sabh Kilavikh Paap Gavaaeiaa ||

सतिगुरु गुरु पूरा आराधहु सभि किलविख पाप गवाइआ ॥

Worship and adore the Guru, the Perfect True Guru, and all your sins shall be dispelled.

ਸਹਜ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਹੋਆ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਮਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਮੀਠਾ ਲਾਇਆ ॥

Sehaj Anandh Hoaa Vaddabhaagee Man Har Har Meethaa Laaeiaa ||

सहज अनंदु होआ वडभागी मनि हरि हरि मीठा लाइआ ॥

By great good fortune, celestial bliss is attained, and the Lord, Har, Har, seems sweet to the mind.

ਜਨੁ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਲਾਵ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਆਰੰਭੁ ਕਾਜੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ॥੧॥

Jan Kehai Naanak Laav Pehilee Aaranbh Kaaj Rachaaeiaa ||1||

जनु कहै नानकु लाव पहिली आर्मभु काजु रचाइआ ॥१॥

Servant Nanak proclaims that, in this, the first round of the marriage ceremony, the marriage ceremony has begun. ||1||

ਹਰਿ ਦੂਜੜੀ ਲਾਵ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥

12 hours ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

1. Could you explain why "broad beautiful" is a incongruous as a characteristic Sikhi?

the path is narrow and specific , it may be beautiful but only after dedicating one's all to it ... it's not empty headnodding  but from the heart/soul

3. I humbly request that you may share with me your thoughts as to how I am confused.

you are not humble and certainly not open to learning anything 

I thank you in advance. I believe that It is with gur-prasad that truth is revealed. And I am hungry.

you realise that was not funny at all

gurparsad is WaheGuru's kirpa/grace  not Karah Parshad .

35 minutes ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

Karl Marx
Karl Marx 001.jpg

Karl Marx, the great German philosopher says: 'Religion is the opium/opiate of the people/masses!'  

This is a very powerful statement, if you understand this, half your problem has been solved. 

Karl Marx viewed religion as a social control used to maintain status quo in a given society.

Religion is also a mechanism for social control. "Control" is the keyword here. I think,  his theory applies to every single religion as well as society. It has to, because, he was a great thinker and a philosopher!  When Guru Nanak came to this world religion was the monopoly of the Hindu priests. They controlled the masses with superstitions and black magic. They considered themselves to be the true followers of Hinduism. Satti was the norm. You are arguing with pupils from Kindergarten!

•  

Source: Boundless. “Religion and Social Control.” Boundless Sociology. Boundless, 08 Aug. 2016. Retrieved 07 Oct. 2016 from https://www.boundless.com/sociology/textbooks/boundless-sociology-textbook/religion-14/the-conflict-perspective-on-religion-107/religion-and-social-control-596-2095/

Image from Wikipedia

This poster has created multiple accounts. 

Karl Marx developed such ideas because he was heavily influenced by the Church.  Karl Marx spent most of his time in London, which was under the power of the Church.  The Church set laws by the standard of its religious doctrines.  Karl Marx saw how the Church controlled peoples lives and made a blanketed statement about religion.  He was a man with limited knowledge on religion.  You fail to mention how Karl Marx mentions religion is also good for those who are struggling to get out of poverty.  Karl Marx for the most part was not a troll like you.  If Karl Marx was here today, he would make the assessment how secular governments like France have turned into extremist to control what people wear.  Bikinis are forced on women by France like the Church forced laws on those who didn't follow the Church.  In conclusion, I am saying you are stup*d for thinking your mickey mouse arrogance can prove anything.  Keep going to school, you have not accomplished anything yet.